Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-18-2015, 12:23 AM Reply   
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/us/vir...ork/index.html

Are you kidding me
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
The Islamic script that they were supposed to copy says
"There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah."

Umm u don't see anything wrong with this? Especially during these tence times between Islamic and US relations.

Let me ask u this question.
Do you remember Charlie Hebo or what happend in Texas with the Mohammed art contest?
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-18-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
I see a whole lot of Christian hypocrisy here. I don't think the assignment is appropriate. Again I don't think the assignment was appropriate but can we agree that an assignment that promotes Christianity is EQUALLY dangerous of indoctrination? I believe that something translated to "Jesus is the light of the world" for example would also be something that had no place in a public school? I will choose what religions my child is exposed to and I will teach them how dangerous ALL religions are. The most dangerous religion in the USA is Christianity because of its prominence and its history of skirting the rules of the US Constitution. I know that Grant would get all butt hurt if a teacher was teaching Christianity in a public school and got fired for it. It's called hypocrisy. I'm not a Christian Grant and you can't force me or my kids to become one any more than a Muslim can force you to follow Islam. Our NON-Christian founding fathers made sure of that when they wrote the U.S. Constitution. A fact that was repeatedly ignored during the 1950's and those mistakes still follow us today.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-18-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
Um it's a class that was covering world religions... Should they just talk about Scientology?

Ridiculous. This is HIGH SCHOOL. It's not indoctrination to learn about religions - in fact it's exactly the opposite. I majored in world religions and I'm about as unreligious as they come. The reactions from these ignorant parents are absurd.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
I'm no religious person but I do agree this country was raised on Christian values. And that's about as religious as I get. I do believe in separation between church and state.

The term "in God we Trust" is not a offensive statement.

The homework assignment asking students to write down "there NO God BUT Allah" is offensive"

Maby the saying "To Soon? applies???

Last edited by grant_west; 12-18-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-18-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
You know what really pisses me off. My kids couldn't even have a christmas program at school.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-18-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
should stick to clockmaking
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2015, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
You know what really pisses me off. My kids couldn't even have a christmas program at school.
They don't have a program at all or just not a Christmas Program?

Either way, AWESOME, those things are brutal....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-19-2015, 12:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
They don't have a program at all or just not a Christmas Program?

Either way, AWESOME, those things are brutal....
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-19-2015, 11:16 AM Reply   
I teach high school world geography. This is something that coukd happen to anybody. Teacher trys to get creative with an assignment and doesnt do research on what the picture said. Now should the teacher spent more time researching what they assigned? Ya probably. But with all the crap teachers have to do today the teacher probably didnt think twice about it. Parents these days are just plain overdramatic.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2015, 4:57 PM Reply   
^^^ Ben ^^^
Your theory is most likely to be what happen. But some people don't believe in coincidences or simple mistakes they see them a deliberate actions that cant be easily explained away. I heard one old guy in the hood say this "I believe everything that comes out of peoples mouths and that's why i double check on it" I had to laugh.

Do you think it's a "accident china has sent us baby food that has poisen in it or child's toys with lead all over them? oooo "Me So Sorry" Me no Not what happen???? Trying not to be cynical but at the same time not trying to be naïve either.