Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       06-15-2015, 3:32 PM Reply   
I am starting to look for a boat, but it needs to be 21' or under due to lake restrictions. What are some decent wake boats that are in this size range? I am looking to spend 35k or less. We mainly only wakeboard, but will start to do some surfing (currently own an i/o). Also what are some things that I should look out for when buying a used boat? As it has been 10 years since I bought our current boat.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       06-15-2015, 3:41 PM Reply   
X-star/X-1/X-2
Old     (cain0725)      Join Date: May 2012       06-15-2015, 5:13 PM Reply   
Good Clean MC X-1 on team talk listed up today,, better grab it quick
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       06-16-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
1999-2006 nautique 210 was my favorite wakeboarding wake, really peaky so most tricks are more up and down as opposed to the mastercraft hull that you take things out far. moomba/supra hull from the mid 2000s was pretty decent kinda in the middle for peaky vs rampy.

I only ridden once behind a mid 2000s centruion and malibu. like the centruion wake more (kinda like a nautique), the malibu was in a contest and the lake was blown out so i wasnt able form an oppinion.

I had a tige 20i for awhile, Id suggest staying away from direct drives. now have a tige Z1, and is way better!!!!!!

Im not sure how the nauti surfed but I do know I liked the supra/moomba hull alot better than the MC hull for surfing. we couldnt get the MCs to produce any sort of surf wave. So if you know your going to surf atleast 40% of the time Id say pick a hull thatll surf too because with weight most 21ft boats will produce a good wakeboarding wake but not all will produce a surf wave.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-16-2015, 8:51 AM Reply   
v210
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-16-2015, 9:40 AM Reply   
I have the old school Xstar 205V. Great hull for wakeboarding needless to say. I would get the largest beamed boat you can afford. I would love to have more space in my boat. It fills up real quick. My favorite wake is the old school superair 210. I would lean more CC or BU in that price range. Good luck.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-16-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
MB has two different models. B52 21 and Tomcat 21 (pickle Fork). Running gear is the same on both and they will fit the bill. Pricing should be an easy fit and they will wakeboard, surf like a champ with a little extra weight.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-16-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
budget?

pre-05 malibu VLX / 06-09 malibu vride (same hull)
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
I have always enjoyed our Supra 21V. It has a nice clean and consistent wake. I have never surfed behind it though so I can't speak that. Also, I don't have much experience with other inboards so take it for what it's worth. Good luck!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
At 35k

Original Mastercraft XStar /205V/X1/X2( all the same boat ........names just changed over a years)
Super Air Nautique 210/ Supersprt Nautique
Malibu Wakesetter/Sunsetter VLX
Ski Centurion Cyclone

All have pros and cons and all can be had easily for under 35k.

Roomiest and the most storage are the Malibu and Centurion Cyclone. They also surf the best
The Nautique requires the least amount of weight and has least storage. The Centurion is a close second for the least amount of weight required
The Mastercraft skis the best and is right in the middle on room and storage. The wake is versatile and can be peaky or rampy depending on how you weight it. It's drives like a Ferrari
The Centurion handles rough water and bigger bodies of water the best due to its deep v.

Those are just some of the most commonly know differences.