Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-08-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
New skins done. All I can say is that these guys did some killer work. Going to pick up next week. Seems the color choices went together really well. Now my poor gutted boat can get done.

doghouse cover:

front seat:

observers seat
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-08-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
also finally got around to designing and putting the new decals on.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-08-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
saw some of these pics on facebook. looks awesome.

Where did you get it done and if you don't mind, how much did it cost ya?
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-08-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Hes getting it all done by the same guy that does my work Viper Customs in Maryville Tn his number is 865-388-4096 he does awesome work
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-08-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Those look great!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
Those look great. Where did you have them done?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-08-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
saw some of these pics on facebook. looks awesome.

Where did you get it done and if you don't mind, how much did it cost ya?
Tom PM sent

Everything is being done by Viper Customs out of TN. Pick up this week but can't possibly imagine a better experience. The level of customer service has blown my mind
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-08-2013, 8:26 PM Reply   
Hey William those look awesome! I am ready to replace all my vinyl but havnt found anyone yet. Did you do full interior and what did it cost you?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-10-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
After shipping etc I'd say I'm in the 2500 range uninstalled. Mine was alil bit more b.c I went with updated materials and had a new bow filler done which jacked it way up. Way less for basic replacement skins. Call Jim at viper customs. Hes awesome to work with and will pretty much go wild with whatever you come up with. I just gave him basic colors, materials, embroidery and they ran.
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-10-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
After shipping etc I'd say I'm in the 2500 range uninstalled. Mine was alil bit more b.c I went with updated materials and had a new bow filler done which jacked it way up. Way less for basic replacement skins. Call Jim at viper customs. Hes awesome to work with and will pretty much go wild with whatever you come up with. I just gave him basic colors, materials, embroidery and they ran.
Thanks. I was figuring alot more than that so that sounds good. youre in a different state so are you traveling to them to install or going with someone locally?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-10-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm installing the skins myself. It was going to cost around a grand between gas etc +install to have them do it. THey didn't have a bad price on the install at all it just seemed more economical to do it myself. 30 bucks in an upholstery stapler and some time.

I lost faith in my local people. Had a rear bench done last season and it ended up that they tossed my stock bench material, used untreated ply, non ss staples, and crappy grade upholstery. I wasn't impressed by anything about it. A year later the seems were ripping and the bench weighed 800 lbs from being water logged.
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-10-2013, 5:16 PM Reply   
I'm calling first thing tomorrow, thanks for the info!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-11-2013, 6:01 AM Reply   
jjackson@vipercustoms.com

If he doesn't answer the phone hes good about email> I know they have a ton of boats they are just starting right now.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-11-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
jjackson@vipercustoms.com

If he doesn't answer the phone hes good about email> I know they have a ton of boats they are just starting right now.
They are right down the road from me. I will have to check them out. They look like they do good work. They are near the Mastercraft and Malibu plants in Loudon, TN.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-12-2013, 12:43 PM Reply   
believe some of the guys used to work for MC
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-14-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
Finally got a few pics of the finished produce. Excuse the crappy blackberry quality photos. Need to get a few tiny wrinkles out in 1 or 2 places but overall thrilled with the final product.

Before pics:

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-14-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
And after

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-14-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
List of items completed for the year:
Flush pro installed in lieu of Stock Merc recirculator. (block drains plugged)
New Mtx speakers inside
New amps
on board charger
3rd battery installed
new fuel gauge and sender
new depth finder
new decals (sides and rear)
new sub under drivers seat
carpet power washed
bow filler cut & installed
platform redone
speaker wiring run through tower

and my favorite part is that on the first crank.......

Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-14-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
A couple of hot days in the sun will probably take care of those wrinkles in the bow. I'd wait before trying to fix them. It looks good. I've seen his work before.

Jman
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-14-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
Well Jim did the skins, I did the install. I'm hoping the sun deals with it and not gonna stress it til then. Theres on spot on the side of the drivers seat that is easy but the bow side bolsters were a pita to get in and out along with stapling. The flexed so much that you would have to go fit it constantly to have no wrinkles. One came out great but one got a small wrinkle after I bolted it back in. A 1/4" of position change does A LOT for the geometry.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-14-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
Yep, I did my interior removal and reinstallation after reuphostering so I know what you mean.
Old     (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-14-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Major awesome job! big difference in the look too!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2013, 2:37 PM Reply   
Will looks great; what was the grand total of a full boat interior. I'm hearing costs of 3-5 grand here in the SF Bay Area.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-14-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
close to 2500 with me doing the install. Would have been around 1900 but went with the 13' mastercraft materials, added bow filler, etc. Stapler was 28 bucks, staples were 40, steamer was 30. I prob could have finished the job in a week or so if I would have taken off work.
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-15-2013, 7:05 PM Reply   
Sent mine in to Jim a few days after reading this thread. Looks better than when it was new!
Attached Images

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-16-2013, 6:01 AM Reply   
yea he told me another guy from WW had sent one in and said he saw mine. Looks awesome man. he does a great job up there. That black stays pretty cool too fyi. Sunned mine up in 90 degrees yesterday and no 3rd degree burns so far