Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       03-31-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
So last year I fell in love with the Transcend and the 08 only gets a graphic change so I still love the board. I am still feeling out the Zeus, I love the new look and the new hinge set up is solid.
Yesterday I found a surprising liking of the Faction board. I put Answer bindings on it and talk about super comfy. The board pops well and lands super soft. I would say probably the softest landing board in CWB's line up. I think it needs some shorter fins on it though. The board is super sticky and tracks really well.
What I do know is it is going to be a tough couple of weeks to decide witch board is going to be the one for the year.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-31-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Transcend is the best board ever made. There is no question. Plus this year you can rock the gangster stance.

Ha, ha, ha...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-31-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Been on Absolute Platinums for the last 3 years. Have ridden the Transcend, it was O.K., I could probably get used to it. Started riding a 144 Faction last October, been loving it since. Very predictable, lots of controlable pop, and smooth, soft landings. Had to change my riding very little. Still a little looser than the Abs (with small center fin), still working out the switch bugs.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-31-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
order two sets of the smaller sized absolute fins and use them on the faction... much better than the large ones
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
transcend hands down! extra wide stance is money.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-31-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
My Faction came with the same smaller fins as what my Absolute has.

Wish we could get CWB to press a Platinum core Faction... Hello, is anyone in CWB product development listening???
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-31-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
I rode my buddies faction once, coming from my transcend. That board was way faster then my transcend. Too fast for me, and it also tracked like a mo' fo'. But I'm sure that could be adjusted with smaller fins.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-31-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
if you get the faction, then you have to get the ballin matching shirt they make, i got one even though i've never even touched a cdub board lol
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-31-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
I use the small Absolute fins on my Faction and it makes the board ride much better. It slows it down a bit but still faster than an Absolute. With the smaller fins the release off the wake is much better and the overall feel is just right on.

I heard a rumor that they might make a Platinum version, time will tell. The landings on that board are really the best feature, surprised more people aren't amped on the shape. Top it with some Answers and you have the best setup ever!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       04-01-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Well I have both and right now I am still playing with configurations to see what feels the best. I really don't think I will move off of the Transcend but I am really liking the Faction so far.
Heavy,
I hope a Platinum version does come out but I think it will make the landings a little harder. The Answers are the boots I am leaning towards but I am going to put the Zeus through the paces to see if the feel better broken in. I am going to put the smaller fins and play with it some more this week.

Evan- I definitely think you should try the Answers and yes the Transcend is the greatest board made. I don't think the Gangster stance is going to help me but I will give it a ride or two to see how it shakes out.

Joel how the hell can you get your feet that wide anyways, I would think you would almost be doing the splits. No wonder the ladies Joel Da Mac.

(Message edited by deltariderscom on April 01, 2008)
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Joel da Mac lay tha thang down from the Bay 2 Sac!! hahaha for u Gary!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
did you think of that all by yourself?
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-02-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Faction all the way!!!! Great board, but use the smaller fins off the Absolute Platinum. I highly recommend this board--especially for the price!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Yeah what Chuck said! Killer board.

Chuck, get our tickets!!!
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Gary.. I cut the tongue stiffner out of my Zeus bindings and they are awesome!! Tons of flex with the hold of the Zeus..Money!!
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I ride the faction and love it. I would definitely buy a Platinum version if made.