Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-19-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
I was wondering what you guys thought of the Roam boards. I was thinking about buying one just because it looks so fun. I looks like it would be a good learning board to get you to use your edge better and learn more board control.

I weigh 185 and I'm 5'9" tall. I was thinking the 144.
Brannon
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-20-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
Get the Roam. Way to much fun not too. It will also help in your progression......
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-20-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
I agree 100% with Chris. Riding a wakeboard now even with only molded corner fins seems like too much. We take ours out everytime, but we usually only use it when the water is smooth.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
Riding one set of perfect butter on a roam is worth the price alone. I bought one last year as a board to goof on now and then and then fell in love with it and it was the only board i road by the end of the season. Believe me after your first sunset butter sesh on the roam youll wonder why it took you so long to give it a try.
Plus they have lifetime warrenties so ride that bi#ch untill it breaks.
David
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-20-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
the roam is where its at. ever since i rode the board when it first came out 2 years ago i have never looked back. its all i ride. its an amazing ride. i rode a normal board on tuesday and questioned myself why i was doing it the whole time i was out there. even if the board doesnt fit your everyday stayle and comfort it is still a great board to goof around on. theres nothing like doing a long ass powerslide all pressed out on the nose or tail all the way around a huge whipping turn. i can do all my normal tricks on the board and it even helped me to learn more that i was having trouble with. everything is possible all the way through the hardest mobe trick. spinning is way more fun. its like riding a snowboard. super smooth.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-20-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
these are on the 06 roam
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
Here's some shots of Jason from tonight on a 05 Roam:

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
Hows the ride on 06? What kind of differences can you tell between the two shapes?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
the 06 is sick. way better than the 05. you can cut harder, go bigger, and still press out everything just as good as the 05. the 06 is stiffer through the middle between your bindings but super soft in the tip and tail enabling you to go big off the wake by using the middle of the board. the wide tip and tail also give you more lift as well. the only reason im riding the 05 right now is cuz i ripped the inserts on my 06 and im waitin for a new one. they have no problem warranting the boards if they do break, so dont be discouraged by the thought of breaking it.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
sweet, I might have to try and get my hands on an 06 and test it out sometime. I loved riding the 05, it was so much fun and just something totally different to get out and rid on.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-21-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Mr. Callen,

You sure know how to ride that roam... Sweet pics!

-Blake
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
thanks blake. thanks j-rod for takin some sweet pics. i love riding that board so much. i was in a huge lul before the roam came out and it totally renewed my interest and love for the sport. i feel like i found a hole new side to the sport much like wakeskating or surfing. i have really been tryin to push the roam. it would be really cool to see the industry, including other companies and more people, adopt the idea and see how far these ideas and this side of the sport can go.