Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2015, 11:01 AM Reply   
Now I know we (the U.S.) have the F-35 that Will supposedly SMOKE any Vodka Burner but this is still pretty impressive.

It looks like this guy brake stands this mig-29 till it can't be held back and then go's for it. He sucks up the gear and stays in ground effect as he gains speed down the runway when he's got some good air speed he then yanks back on the stick for what looks like a wild vertical ride.

I'm wondering what the fuel burn is for a take off like this is ?. Most planes of this caliber gauge fule in pounds. It would not surprise me if you just saw 1000 pounds of JP-5 or what ever the Russians use go by by. If anyone has a idea of what a Mig-29 burns in full afterburner it would be cool to know.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/russian...141526718.html
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-29-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
Thats nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxvwGppH4zg

My sister just got rated to fly these for United.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2015, 9:19 PM Reply   
Paul congrats to your sis. The 777 is one cool plane I would love to fly in one the all composite construction makes a smooth quiet ride. These next generation planes are gonna be so much better then what your used to. The A380 is so much smoother and quieter then the orignal 747 I can't wait till they re vamp the 747 that's gonna be on bad mo fo

Last edited by grant_west; 07-29-2015 at 9:22 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-30-2015, 3:25 AM Reply   
It's a 787... Best thing out there. Way more comfortable than even the a380 thanks to the humidity and air cleaning/circulation. The only plane I've ever been able to sleep on!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-30-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
Wes; your correct 787. Yes that's another advantage of all composit construction is they don't have to dry out the cabin air like they do on the aluminum airframes. Airlines keep the air that runs threw the cabin very dry to reduce crosionto the airframe. With the composit fuselage they can run air threw the plane with a moisture content closer to what you and I are used to so you don't dry out. The composite fuselage is also able to be pressurized higher creating a lower simulated altitude making it ever more comfortable.