Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-21-2014, 5:18 PM Reply   
Another Seahawks blowout!! This is too easy.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
Gloat if you will but blowouts don't happen in OT. That's more like barely scraping by. Like I predicted Arizona is the best team in the NFC West as they are undefeated and lead in the division.Cliff you were only 33% on your picks this week. That sucks.Darren congrats you won the picks this week! Denver D couldn't stop beast mode and the same old screens all day.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2014, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Manning and Denver received the same "punch in the gut" at the SB. Denver wins by double digits on Sunday.

"This makes me laugh. Turning what he wants to happen into what is going to happen as a statement of fact."

Deee di deee...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2014, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Gloat if you will but blowouts don't happen in OT. That's more like barely scraping by. Like I predicted Arizona is the best team in the NFC West as they are undefeated and lead in the division.Cliff you were only 33% on your picks this week. That sucks.Darren congrats you won the picks this week! Denver D couldn't stop beast mode and the same old screens all day.
Oh my picks sucked alright, but I learned from them. St Louis is done. They lost to one of the worst crunch time QBs in the leauge. The only QB worse when it matters... that's right, Can I give you pick threw away his game in Az. Neither the Rams nor the Niners will be a threat to us this year.

My Hawks drove eighty yards down the field scored unabated by the so called " all new aggressive top ten defense". Result... Denver goes home with another L. Percentage on that... 100%,
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
Robert continues to price that he's an idiot and knows nothing, literally nothing about football.

Russell Wilson moves to 7-0 against Manning, Rodgers, Breeze and Brady.

Great Hawks win!!!! Best team in the NFL and there's no doubt!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2014, 7:06 PM Reply   
The least impressive thing about Robert other than what's going on between his legs is, is his complete inability to actually root for his favorite team. He's such a malcontent that he'd rather attempt to put down the world champs and best team in the NFL than be excites about his teams win. #B]loserwillalwaysbelosers[/B]
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2014, 1:04 AM Reply   
So the chickens squeak one out in overtime and by the talk of their fans here, you'd think they won by 40 points. See? This is exactly why the entire country hates your collective guts and thinks of you fans as laughing stocks! Blowout? Nonsense! Get real. The lack of grace in winning is barely surpassed when you lose, hence, sore winners/sore losers. It all reflects a low self esteem, bad sportsmanship and bad character. Sad but, not uncommon in a climate that breeds so much depression. It's truly like a ghetto person hitting the lotto whenever they win. (feel free to conjure up whatever images you want) (go buy me a grill etc). If the hawks fans had 10% of the class their QB has, my mouth would be shut right now. And Hate, how would you know what Robert "has going on between his legs"? Have you been there lately?... Sounds like it.

Did I mention the Niners crapped the bed again? Wth? Guess I'll be spending more time workin in the yard this fall. Can't take the pain.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
Blowout? Guess I was watching a different game. I saw a game that was close enough the whole time that another team caught up in the 4th and caused OT. A blowout would mean that the other team never had a chance. Nice win by the Seahawks, Denver just didn't get it done this time. At least our Defense looked better this round vs the Super Blowout.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
Richard Sherman allowed that 2 point conversion that sent this game into OT.You can say what you want but a coin flip determined this game.Dallas came back from 21 points down on the road.Let's see if the WORLD CHUMPS can do that? Don't tell me about their defense.Peyton scored in 59 seconds with no timeouts.Just the facts Children.Now you infants behave yourselves and stop whining.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
Am I the only guy who's sick of the god damn headphones and sideways hats on some of these douchebag millionaires during post game press? They should all take a hint from Peyton Manning and dress like they have a bit of class, even in a loss. I'm no Broncos or Colts can, but if my son can exhibit 10 percent of the grace and professionalism of Manning through his athletic career I'll be happy.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-22-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
Loving how the term "blowout" really gets you guys going. Truth is it was a great game and the Hawks made enough plays to win. I tip my hat to Manning for bringing the broncos back to tie the game. Bronocos D had no answers for Russ & Co in the final winning drive. Talib got trucked by Lynch to give up the final TD. Glad we won that game but it should never gone to OT. Haushka (sp?) our kicker missed an automatic FG that would have put the game out of reach for the Broncos and Damarius Thomas fumbled but for some reason it was called incomplete. Hawks dominated the first 3 quarters but let the Broncos back in it.
BTW I though Ware was a strong guy but he can't even wrestle a ball away from the smallest starting QB. LOL!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2014, 7:59 AM Reply   
By no means was it a blowout, but let's face it, Denver built a team specifically geared to beat us and they lost again. It's funny how Peyton and co are considered to be the best offense in the league but when we beat them folks have a big ole handbag full of what ifs. The fact is Seattle is a better team than Denver. That may be hard to swallow but it's reality.

As for the Niners... WTF? I'm starting to wonder if they'll even have a winning record this year. Talk about a team that's in a free fall...

For the bandwagon Cards fans that seem to be popping up, Their next game will be in Denver. Gotta say it won't be pretty for Az.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Richard Sherman allowed that 2 point conversion that sent this game into OT.You can say what you want but a coin flip determined this game.Dallas came back from 21 points down on the road.Let's see if the WORLD CHUMPS can do that? Don't tell me about their defense.Peyton scored in 59 seconds with no timeouts.Just the facts Children.Now you infants behave yourselves and stop whining.
Game was decided on a coin flip? Maybe you should read the rules. They already changed them from total sudden death to what they are now. This is the pro’s not college. Should we allow 1 foot in bounds for a catch like college too? Maybe we should go back to high school rules? No, not good enough how about pee wee rules where everybody gets a trophy would be better. A stop with a punt, turnover on downs, interception, fumble recovery, or holding Seattle to a field goal by the Denver defense would have given Peyton a shot. For all the talk about the Denver defense (which did a good job overall) they did not man up and get the ball when the game was on the line. That’s what separates the winners from the losers. Losers want to change the rules every time they don’t work in your favor.

The game was closer than I would have liked but man what a game. Much more exciting than the super bowl. I’m happy for the win but it is obvious our defense isn’t what it was last year. It was great to see Russell Wilson and the offense go out and win the game. That is a good statement for the offense to go out and win it.

I was going to talk some 49er smack but that would be like giving someone on suicide watch a gun. They are questioning everything now. Q: Who’s got it better than us? A: Lots of teams…..

Last edited by Cabledog; 09-22-2014 at 8:06 AM. Reason: .
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
By no means was it a blowout, but let's face it, Denver built a team specifically geared to beat us and they lost again. It's funny how Peyton and co are considered to be the best offense in the league but when we beat them folks have a big ole handbag full of what ifs. The fact is Seattle is a better team than Denver. That may be hard to swallow but it's reality.
If Seattle has the best defense and Denver has the best offense that makes total sense as to how it was tied after 4 quarters, doesn't it? The Seattle defense did their job and the offense stepped up and beat the Denver D. Looks like you guys still have a great team.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
This about sums it up. Love this guys answer his co reporters...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Am I the only guy who's sick of the god damn headphones and sideways hats on some of these douchebag millionaires during post game press? They should all take a hint from Peyton Manning and dress like they have a bit of class, even in a loss. I'm no Broncos or Colts can, but if my son can exhibit 10 percent of the grace and professionalism of Manning through his athletic career I'll be happy.
Peyton is a class act along with many other QB’s in the league. Personally I think one of the reasons so few people outside San Francisco like Kapernick (other than his inability at the QB position) is due to the image & stereotypes he represents. I have a lot of 9er fans in my family and group of friends and they don’t really like or don’t seem to want to like him even when he’s playing good.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So the chickens squeak one out in overtime and by the talk of their fans here, you'd think they won by 40 points. See? This is exactly why the entire country hates your collective guts and thinks of you fans as laughing stocks! Blowout? Nonsense! Get real. The lack of grace in winning is barely surpassed when you lose, hence, sore winners/sore losers. It all reflects a low self esteem, bad sportsmanship and bad character. Sad but, not uncommon in a climate that breeds so much depression. It's truly like a ghetto person hitting the lotto whenever they win. (feel free to conjure up whatever images you want) (go buy me a grill etc). If the hawks fans had 10% of the class their QB has, my mouth would be shut right now. And Hate, how would you know what Robert "has going on between his legs"? Have you been there lately?... Sounds like it.

Did I mention the Niners crapped the bed again? Wth? Guess I'll be spending more time workin in the yard this fall. Can't take the pain.
A 49er fan talking about ghetto and sportsmanship. Now that’s funny. Have you seen your ghetto QB in post-game press conferences? “Duh, dip, duh, we need to do better duh, but check my Beats out, I’m da man. ” or the incessant whining about the officials. According to 9ers fans they haven’t lost a game in 2 seasons that wasn’t the zebras or someone else’s fault.

Make sure to post some pics of that yard. It should look awesome this year with all the time you’re going to have to work on it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
I wonder how much he's getting paid to wear those stupid headphones.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-22-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Crazy football weekend. At least there wasn't another ten pro bowlers didn't get hurt this weekend.
I'm amazed the cowboys came back. I had them dead in the water 21-0. Maybe they'll be the second best team in the NFC east this year. I'll take that as a win right now.
I'm not too surprised the niners lost, but at this point, I think their fans need to be a little worried about what's going on in that locker room. Could be a long season if they don't right the ship soon.
Sad day for titans fans. Former kicker killed in car crash, then they go out and play exactly like you'd expect a team who just lost a great, former teammate.

Cleveland trying trickery with manziel, only to find out their trick play was illegal. Classic. Such a sad state of a franchise the browns are.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
I was entertained by that TD reception by Dalton.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2014, 10:12 AM Reply   
November 16th - SeaChickens at Arrowhead.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
Stay classy San Francisco

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/...-brawl-stadium
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Wow. Some people.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
New link, old one was taken down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvc_UhaMt3M
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-22-2014, 3:14 PM Reply   
idiots. hope they all get banned from stadium for life. losers.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2014, 3:20 PM Reply   
Niners will be an 8-8 team this year and miss the playoffs. AZ will be 10-6 and knock them off the number 2 spot in the NFC West.

The Allas Cowgirls have no shot because well look at their QB.

Denver played better for sure yesterday. The defense stepped up for them big time to save the game. The offense was held to 3 points for 43 minutes and Peyton's drive at the end of regulation was a master piece only to be one upped by Russell Wilson yet again.

30-10 as a starter now. Pretty amazing
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-22-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
The Hawks had the 13th man on their side this week; the officials. Worst wave-off of a penalty I have seen lately. Ray Charles could have seen those two Seattle players were coming through the line before the ball was snapped.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-22-2014, 3:46 PM Reply   
Stupid decision by Manning to go to Welker in triple coverage. He had J. Thomas man-to-man on that same play. I also think that Denver isn't using D. Thomas like they did last year. Denver won't be a great team until they get someone in there that can run the ball, Montee is not that guy.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Hawks had the 13th man on their side this week; the officials. Worst wave-off of a penalty I have seen lately. Ray Charles could have seen those two Seattle players were coming through the line before the ball was snapped.
Lets call it even. Denver got the fumble back that was ruled an incompletion after review. That was a BS call too.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-22-2014, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Stupid decision by Manning to go to Welker in triple coverage. He had J. Thomas man-to-man on that same play. I also think that Denver isn't using D. Thomas like they did last year. Denver won't be a great team until they get someone in there that can run the ball, Montee is not that guy.
D. Thomas doesn't like to get hit and guess who likes to hit? The LOB!!!
I think Monte Ball is a good back but for him to start off with a fumble ruined his whole game yesterday. Denver will be rolling soon and the offense should be in peak form again. Don't lose hope. I'd love to see another Sea vs Den Super Bowl!! Talk about a real rematch.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2014, 5:45 PM Reply   
Only one problem with that rematch. The Seachickens won't make it back. Once your Super Bowel Chunks Every team tries to flush you down the toilet that much harder. It wears you down and eventually it's too late when you realize your in the pipes headed to the big turd bowl in the sky.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-22-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
No Darrin, that was not a "BS call". A retired NFL referee even explained why that call would be overturned. D. Thomas never made a football move after he hit the ground. Pretty cut and dry. Two Seahawks busting through the line before the ball was snapped and then to have the foul waved off, now that was BS.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2014, 6:41 PM Reply   
It was a BS call. I'd say it either way. He caught and secured the ball landed moving forward. If I was a Denver fan I'd have felt like we got away with something.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
Super Lynch
Attached Images

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
No Darrin, that was not a "BS call". A retired NFL referee even explained why that call would be overturned. D. Thomas never made a football move after he hit the ground. Pretty cut and dry. Two Seahawks busting through the line before the ball was snapped and then to have the foul waved off, now that was BS.
Jeremy did you realize that you complained about the NFL referee's calling of the game but then you refer to what to make your point? A retired NFL referee.

You're right we did get away with one. Peyton's a choker so it didn't really matter. A class act choker but a choker nonetheless.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2014, 8:53 PM Reply   
How can he be a choker? He tied the game then didn't get another opportunity in OT. Fun fact QB with the most 4th quarter comeback wins since 2006? You guessed it Tony Romo.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-23-2014, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
How can he be a choker? He tied the game then didn't get another opportunity in OT. Fun fact QB with the most 4th quarter comeback wins since 2006? You guessed it Tony Romo.
Another fun little fact... Peyton is 0-3 in OT games since coming to the Broncos. He just keeps racking up losses when it counts. But hey, who wouldn't want a qb with an 11-23 record in the playoffs and a 1-3 record in Superbowls. Regular season stats are waaaay more important right?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
He hasn't won an OT game since 2010.

Bobby the only reason Romo has so many comebacks is because he throws so many leads away earlier in the game. I truly believe you're his last supporter on the planet.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-23-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Peyton is an excellent QB and a total class act. He will go in the hall as one of the greatest of all time. But, he has a record of falling apart in the playoffs and big games that belies his greatness.

Did not know that about Romo. Good fun fact.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-23-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
Who is Tony Romo? Never heard of him.

Anyway... back to football.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
Color the NFL yellow in 2014. Damn Seahawks with their DBs plucking on the receivers for the duration of their routes for all of 2013 caused the NFL to call, at times, every stilly bit of contact down field for 2014. Incidental contact is different from deliberate tugging/pulling for the duration of the route. And, sure enough, last week, I saw the REFs letting the seahawks get away with riding guys down the field. This really appears to be an area that the REFs just can't get right.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-23-2014, 2:06 PM Reply   
^^you are a funny guy!! How about all the pick routes the Ponies ran last week than never get called? Give me a break, Seattle is getting calls?? That has to be a joke right? Why would Seattle get more/less calls than any other team? If anything they are watched even more because they are known for being physical, but if you'd rather watch flag football I have a game this Thursday. You can find tickets on Stubhub.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2014, 3:57 PM Reply   
Oddly the Hawks DB's are the ones to blame but they aren't getting called this year for it at all. But hey keep beating that drum. It doesn't come off as pathetic whining at all.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Honestly, I would rather go back to what we had in 2013. All of these ticky-tacky calls are pathetic.

Since it is clear, the REFs can't do this right, I would rather they just keep their yellow hankies in their pockets unless something egregious happens.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
I could agree we need a happy medium. Here's to hoping they tone it down.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
Additionally, I feel it's one sided. The offensive guys get away with a lot more contact than do the defensive players. They need to quit shaping the rules to advantage the offense.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-23-2014, 6:09 PM Reply   
"Jeremy did you realize that you complained about the NFL referee's calling of the game but then you refer to what to make your point? A retired NFL referee. "

That's idiotic. The officials blew that call. Officials will blow calls in the future. That doesn't mean officials are always wrong. Damn dude, the call went in the Seahawks favor, but to deny it like it didn't happen is asinine. And the call on D. Thomas was the right call. It's written in the rules. The play was challenged and the refs had time to review the rule. Maybe it is a BS rule, but you don't change rules on the field.

You Seahawk fans win one SuperBowl and you act like you have won every one that has been played. Manning does have a history of choking in the big games. But he has the same number of SuperBowl rings as the Seahawks franchise.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-23-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
He also went right at Sherman on that two-point conversion.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2014, 8:52 PM Reply   
Sherman getting beat brings a bit of happiness to the world. It's a Karma thing.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2014, 4:18 AM Reply   
Sherman isn't who he thinks he is. In his mind he's super human. In reality he's just a man with a overly large mouth and a huge ego trying to make up for his short comings.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
I'm sure Sherman will have many oppertunities to hush the non believers this year. He didn't get to the top of his game without merit. Funny thing is, there were many doubting the Hawks defense the first part of last season as well. Enjoy the few "moral victories" early on because they will be few and far between this season.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-24-2014, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Jeremy did you realize that you complained about the NFL referee's calling of the game but then you refer to what to make your point? A retired NFL referee. "

That's idiotic. The officials blew that call. Officials will blow calls in the future. That doesn't mean officials are always wrong. Damn dude, the call went in the Seahawks favor, but to deny it like it didn't happen is asinine. And the call on D. Thomas was the right call. It's written in the rules. The play was challenged and the refs had time to review the rule. Maybe it is a BS rule, but you don't change rules on the field.

You Seahawk fans win one SuperBowl and you act like you have won every one that has been played. Manning does have a history of choking in the big games. But he has the same number of SuperBowl rings as the Seahawks franchise.
Not saying the officials didn’t blow the call. I said call it even for another bad call. There could be a penalty on every play but then who would watch.

As far as the fumble ruled an incompletion goes what exactly is a “football move”? Go ahead try to answer it. Please explain where it is in the rules. Admit it, you don't know. It's okay.

The analysts still use the term but the rules have been amended to be “any act common to the game” Like catching the ball with both feet in bounds. Read rule 8, section, 1 article 3. Try to have an open mind and re watch the catch. I don’t care if you do because it won’t change the outcome. The burros lost.

Here’s a link to the 2013 NFL rule book in pdf. http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ule%20Book.pdf

and the web link for definitions, etc. http://www.nfl.com/rulebook
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-24-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   

Last edited by Cabledog; 09-24-2014 at 3:01 PM. Reason: post duplicated
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
In reality he's just a man with a overly large mouth and a huge ego trying to make up for his short comings.
Just like you bobby.

Sherman is doing great this year and will continue to do great. He's faced 3 of the best QB's in the game and they've done almost nothing against him.

Hey Wake, how many Super Bowls does Tennessee have? Hell even the oilers?

Maybe we should get you in review booth because you seem to be the only person that can decide when an official is right or wrong. Now that pal is idiotic.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2014, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Just like you bobby.

Sherman is doing great this year and will continue to do great. He's faced 3 of the best QB's in the game and they've done almost nothing against him.

Hey Wake, how many Super Bowls does Tennessee have? Hell even the oilers?

Maybe we should get you in review booth because you seem to be the only person that can decide when an official is right or wrong. Now that pal is idiotic.
Isn't that hilarious. Last year a Super Bowl meant nothing now it's a measuring stick.As a matter of fact I am doing well enjoying retirement and moving to Texas tomorrow.Longer boating season there and less taxes.Life is good.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2014, 10:03 PM Reply   
No one said they meant nothing that'd be idiotic. More like people running their yap about SB's from 20+ years ago.

You're horribly veiled attempts at bragging go begging and show your true colors especially when you try and run others down for their allegiance and identifing with their team.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-24-2014, 11:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Isn't that hilarious. Last year a Super Bowl meant nothing now it's a measuring stick.As a matter of fact I am doing well enjoying retirement and moving to Texas tomorrow.Longer boating season there and less taxes.Life is good.
Lower taxes? Maybe income taxes but, grab your ankles and get out the Vasoline for the property taxes. 3% a year is rape! How do you retire like that? Say you have a 3-500k house. You're paying 10-12k a year just in taxes right? Screw that... Aren't their lake levels as bad as Cali's too? Btw, I'm not "messin with Texas". I just have a cousin that thought he would move there for the reasons you've stated and came back to CA due to the reasons i stated above.

Last edited by markj; 09-24-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2014, 12:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
No one said they meant nothing that'd be idiotic. More like people running their yap about SB's from 20+ years ago.

You're horribly veiled attempts at bragging go begging and show your true colors especially when you try and run others down for their allegiance and identifing with their team.
Couple of things: First, what is the statute of time when one can no longer refer to past SB wins? Does it have to be only in a certain timeframe? What are the rules? I'm sure those rules have changed in yours and your comrad's minds over the last year since, until then, the only thing the chickens have been known for is losing, pretty much since their formation. That's been the team's main tradition: losing.

Second, no one here has "run down" a chicken fan for their "allegiance and identifying with their team". What does that even mean??? Non-chicken fans have just been so POed because you all have collectively taken on the persona and big mouths of Dick Sherman. It has spread like a virus throughout your whole state. The only person in the whole NW who has ANY grace or class in winning is Russell Wilson. Everyone else.... Well.....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-25-2014, 3:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lower taxes? Maybe income taxes but, grab your ankles and get out the Vasoline for the property taxes. 3% a year is rape! How do you retire like that? Say you have a 3-500k house. You're paying 10-12k a year just in taxes right? Screw that... Aren't their lake levels as bad as Cali's too? Btw, I'm not "messin with Texas". I just have a cousin that thought he would move there for the reasons you've stated and came back to CA due to the reasons i stated above.
We are moving to one of four constant level lakes in the state of Texas. As for taxes between no state tax and no personal property tax we will actually be saving money even though the Real Estate taxes are double what we pay in Virginia.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-25-2014, 3:44 AM Reply   
Quote:

Take off your little girl panties and put on your big girl panties. This is a SMACK TALKING thread. Identifying has a y in it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Take off your little girl panties and put on your big girl panties. This is a SMACK TALKING thread. Identifying has a y in it.
He also said "you're" when he should have said "your". I guess I just assumed you lived in Texas for obvious reasons... Love the profile pic btw.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-25-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
^^You're welcome.

Congrats on moving to the lake Robert! That is awesome!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
Nope Bobby's never lived in Texas, he's one of those fans.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
LOB love and a welcome back for that druggie Welker.
Attached Images

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2014, 7:41 PM Reply   
Anyone who thought the Skins were gonna be something this season with Cousins... Yah, not so much.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-25-2014, 8:53 PM Reply   
Yeah that was so ugly. Cousins completely melted down. Our defense sucks too. Couldn't cover anyone. Another season down the drain. I had a little hope but now that's gone.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
Yeah that was so ugly. Cousins completely melted down. Our defense sucks too. Couldn't cover anyone. Another season down the drain. I had a little hope but now that's gone.
Hey I'm a Niners fan. Cry me a river!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2014, 10:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Anyone who thought the Skins were gonna be something this season with Cousins... Yah, not so much.
I remember going to an NFC playoff game between the chickens and the skins (I think it was a first round game in 2009). Of course it was raining but still a good time. Chickens won. That was when Seattle fans were cool.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2014, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOB love and a welcome back for that druggie Welker.
Easy there, Pot.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2014, 10:47 PM Reply   
Name one druggie on the Hawks.

52-3 that's the points allowed versus the points scored in the second half by MarkJ's lowly Santa Clara 49ers.

Seahawks fans are as cool as ever you're just becoming more and more a whiny b!tch, much like your coach.

Do us a favor and don't show up a C Link again, you don't belong a lot like you homophobic comments in today's society.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2014, 12:49 AM Reply   
Quote:

52-3 that's the points allowed versus the points scored in the second half by MarkJ's lowly Santa Clara 49ers.

Seahawks fans are as cool as ever you're just becoming more and more a whiny b!tch, much like your coach.

Do us a favor and don't show up a C Link again, you don't belong a lot like you homophobic comments in today's society.
In order: 49er's low... Yes... Guilty for now. "Whiny b!tch"? Mmm nope. Read my posts over the last couple of weeks. All full of humility and anger towards my own team. I'm sure you never recognized the humility part since you're a chicken bandwagoner like the rest of your state. You guys don't do humility.....Yet. You will.

Homophobic? I haven't made any comments this year about it (unless you want to make hay out of your assessment of Robert's genitals in one of your previous posts (which YOU invited and brought up) but, I've told you this before: Disagreeing with a CHOSEN lifestyle does not make me or anyone else phobic. Your calling me a homophobic is a modern day media weapon for silencing someone from expressing their opinion about homosexuality which doesn't fall in line with the LGBT agenda. The so called weight of it is only in the eyes of the accused IMO. It's been gaining popularity for some time. Not with me! Get a grip! Bro... Quit drinking the LGBT Kool-Aid. Call me what you want. I don't care. I'm not even offended. I know THE TRUTH about homosexuality. I just hope you see the light some day. Seriously. No hate at all bro. I like trash talk and I can both dish it out and take it like I do with my (chicken fan) brother every day but, I'm afraid you're letting it get away from you. Let's keep it fun.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2014, 12:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

After rereading a few of your recent posts, I can tell you're gonna be a mess and lose your entire identity when the Hawks become the victims of free agency. It's gonna be mayhem in your house. I'm feelin sorry for you now... Preemptively.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-26-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hey I'm a Niners fan. Cry me a river!
Maybe I should start a Pity Party thread. I could really talk smack being a Redskins fan.

I'm not going to watch the game next week against the Seahawks. That is going to be very ugly.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-26-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yikes! 4 INTs for Cousins. What's the over/under for INTs for the LOB next week? 6?

I'm actually surprised that the Skins didn't play better. Garcon, D. Jack, and Morris are all very good players, plenty of weapons for Cousins to get it done.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-26-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Yikes! 4 INTs for Cousins. What's the over/under for INTs for the LOB next week? 6?

I'm actually surprised that the Skins didn't play better. Garcon, D. Jack, and Morris are all very good players, plenty of weapons for Cousins to get it done.
Yeah all those weapons are fine and dandy but we have no offensive line, our D sucks and our special teams have allowed two TDs already this year. All around bad team. We will never be good until Snyder pulls his head out of his @ss and starts investing in lineman like the Skins concentrated on in the old days.

Cousin's arm strength is subject.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-26-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
No worries. We all knew RGKnee & his Cousin would suck. Dysfunctional like everything else in DC.

Thursday games have been crap this year.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2014, 2:42 PM Reply   
4 of the 7 Personal Foul penalties on the 49ers last weekend drew NO FINES from the league office.

4 phantom calls from REFs that suck arse...
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-26-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
and you wonder why we call you Santa Clara Forty Whiners?!?!?
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-26-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.s..._seahawks.html

This good enough for you...
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2014, 3:01 PM Reply   
Clever. You are a zingbot beast. :>)