Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-19-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I'm putting in my order for 7 extra sacs tomorrow Boat "should" be here next week!
If you ever DID have anything in that skull of yours - you have *officially* lost it..

I cannot ****ing WAIT to get out on this mother..

Healside heros!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-19-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Come on Hunter, even a Marketing DA will tell ya Harley will only do his best tricks behind his sponsoring company
So no, Harley wont be doing any dbl behind the G23 for quite some time
That was my exact thought too when it debuted at wake games. I knew for sure that MC wouldnt want their top dog doing something phenominal behind someone elses big debut of a boat! He seemed pretty mellow with his tricks he was running.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-19-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
If you ever DID have anything in that skull of yours - you have *officially* lost it..

I cannot ****ing WAIT to get out on this mother..

Healside heros!
Haha...u guys are going to be my heros and get booted to the frickin moon! I guess if you got the dough & the balls...hell why not load all those sacs in there!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm putting in my order for 7 extra sacs tomorrow Boat "should" be here next week!
PLEASE POST TONS AND TONS OF PICTURES SO I CAN PRETEND I WAS OUT THERE WITH YOU GUYS....... thats a pretty boat.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-20-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
Best wake on market judging from pics, I can see what folks have been saying, looks like a sacked-out old star but bigger. Super clean too.
Old    mmcorrectax            06-28-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Glad to say Mr. Fogelson will be on his boat this weekend. If you would like to see it in person, Nisswa Marine will be displaying it on Gull Lake courtesy of Jay. Boat will probably have 40 hrs on it by the 4th if I know Jay like I think I do. I can not wait for Lake Minnetonka to see "The Hulk" roll by, and I am not talking about the boat.

Congrats Jay!!!
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Very cool. I might have to run up there and check it out! MN Inboard asked me to come up and do a hydrofoil demo at the boat show, but I'm busy on Saturday and said no. I may have to tell them I can run up and ski on Sunday so I can show the crowd a real watersport (and check out the G23).
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
Congrats Jay/Becca..
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-28-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. Becca will probably be the happiest, as I know I've been a grumpy bastard these past two months...sucks not having a boat!

I've already got all the gear waiting for it
Attached Images

Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-29-2012, 5:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks everyone. Becca will probably be the happiest, as I know I've been a grumpy bastard these past two months...sucks not having a boat!

I've already got all the gear waiting for it
Goodbye knees!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-30-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
Bump

I demand an explanation as to why the pictures are not posted of a boat you are in posession of
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdon View Post
Bump

I demand an explanation as to why the pictures are not posted of a boat you are in posession of
He posted some pics on Facebook. He's showing it off up north this weekend from the looks of it. Book looks bananas. Congrats to Jay and Becca.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-01-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
jeff's right, it was used in an in water boat show up north. here's a pic, i'll post more later.
Attached Images

Last edited by ironj32; 07-01-2012 at 8:25 PM.
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-01-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
Just stating the obvious but you look young as hell, must have the means to afford? Cause damn, I figured you to be some 40 year old guy. Boat looks sick by the way.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-01-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
not a bad upgrade from the OG X star! Congrats...

pretty nuts that with a 23 foot boat and your head is just above the rub rail...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-01-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
Looking great!! Love the color combo...glad you finally recieved this bad boy!!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-01-2012, 9:21 PM Reply   
It's cool when the guys who buy the high end boats actually ride them. That boat will be top shelf in every way!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-01-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
Sick boat!!!! That thing is unreal! Don't answer anyone's questions about money! Its absolutely nobodys business beside you and your wife. I get this alot too as a young guy with an Xstar. It drives me crazy. Congrats!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-01-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
Re F**n diculous!!!
Can't wait for the 100+ pics ironj32
G23 - bow down haters
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-01-2012, 10:40 PM Reply   
Congratulations, what a sweet ride, and from your profile pic you will definitely be launching and taking full advantage of that monster wake!

Have a great summer, and enjoy....
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-01-2012, 11:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
Sick boat!!!! That thing is unreal! Don't answer anyone's questions about money! Its absolutely nobodys business beside you and your wife. I get this alot too as a young guy with an Xstar. It drives me crazy. Congrats!
It only drives you crazy if it's the banks money.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-01-2012, 11:35 PM Reply   
And yes, nice boat!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2012, 4:24 AM Reply   
9645glazier, I'm probably not as young as I look...will be 30 next March. Anywho, here are some more pics.
Attached Images

Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-02-2012, 5:30 AM Reply   
If it blew a tranny with factory ballast what's it gonna do with 7 fatsacks in it?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2012, 6:06 AM Reply   
Probably going to do just fine. It's no different than people riding factory ballast with 10 people in it.
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       07-02-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
Love it, congrats!
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       07-02-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredthagnar View Post
If it blew a tranny with factory ballast what's it gonna do with 7 fatsacks in it?
Goodness, ya man the demo boat blew a tranny. No where in the 87 year history of this company did they learn something that might help to fix that.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
I saw the boat in person at the in-water boat show on Sunday. It's huge!!! Nice looking boat. I never got chance to go out on a ride, so no comments on the wake. Nice to meet you out there Jay.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-02-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
I dont usually ask such a thing, but i would be happy to throw in gas and your choice of beverage if i could just come out for a ride sometime i do love that boat. Congrats jay. I hope it is all you are looking for.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-02-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
new vid of Scott Stewart slaying the G23 wake.
http://www.iwake.com/Video/555
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-02-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
^^^ honestly thats one of the nicest wakes I have ever seen. You can tell just by how he is getting booted just how big that wake is not to mention the video clearly shows a "constant" crisp clean wake.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
got out for the first soul session this morning...my feedback will be this smiley face
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-02-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Great looking boat....really digging those colors and graphics and the hole package really.

Oh, and that video was sick. The wake looks HUGE!

Last edited by ripr; 07-02-2012 at 9:49 AM.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-02-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
hahaha! your feedback is unacceptible without invites or pictures. JK man congrats, if you don't mind me asking where did you pick it up?
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
^^^ honestly thats one of the nicest wakes I have ever seen. You can tell just by how he is getting booted just how big that wake is not to mention the video clearly shows a "constant" crisp clean wake.
That vid is insane for sure...and I can't agree more with dave^ I know this is not the time and place in this thread, BUT ....this vid demonstrates such a difference in the the recent controversial wake battle between the two big new boats. This is by far a more consistently clean wake, especially on the landing side.

All in all to say congrats on the purchase. Easily the right choice and Im sure you'll have plenty of ridiculous days on the water with the new ride!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
hahaha! your feedback is unacceptible without invites or pictures. JK man congrats, if you don't mind me asking where did you pick it up?
Got it from MarineMax in Rogers, MN.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-02-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
WOW. That wake is HUGE!
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-02-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Ty- I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to get too excited and bring over all the haters or debaters. Vid is enough proof that this wake is clean and absolutely GYnormous
Old    mmcorrectax            07-02-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Just happy to say Congrats again to Jay and Becca. I can't imagine waiting for a boat in MN and being as patient as Jay was.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks we will have a day setup in MN to really showcase the boat and let people get out to experience it.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-02-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
Ultimate wake machine.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
I would not be able to rail into that without messing my shorts...
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-02-2012, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
It only drives you crazy if it's the banks money.
No, it drives me crazy either way because it's super tacky and rude.

But I'm not here to hijack this thread. Hands down sickest boat /wake of all time! That thing is a beast!!!!!!! Congrats again bro! Glad to see a guy who can actually ride with a boat like this!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-02-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
No, it drives me crazy either way because it's super tacky and rude.

But I'm not here to hijack this thread. Hands down sickest boat /wake of all time! That thing is a beast!!!!!!! Congrats again bro! Glad to see a guy who can actually ride with a boat like this!
Maybe I'm just a narcissist but I love telling people what I do (or don't do). I did get sick of peeps thinking my money came from my dad or a trust fund though.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-03-2012, 4:42 AM Reply   
I'm stoked for ya, have fun with that beast.
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-03-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Good thing about money from ur dad or a trust fund is he probly wouldn't let u waist it on a boat. Or atleast show u how to double it then buy a boat. Either way mad props for having the guts to buy this sick boat. If that doesn't change ur wakeboard game just a little sell it and buy a vlx or something haha