Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-18-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
The negative chatter regarding wash and inconsistency about the wake is what I was referring to, specifically.
I saw the big wake video too, and it looked really good to me, and it sounds like we both heard Rusty's comment... he liked it. So far so good at that point right? But it was a produced video. Seriously though, a 24 foot X-Star? That should be just about exactly right in terms of what their flagship could be so I am wondering how they got it wrong enough to push it out a year. According to that behind-the-scenes'ish video on their web site, they were working on this new X-Star at least as far back as 2009. I am just surprised that negative feedback about the wake on this thing - enough negative feedback to send them back to the drawing board - got out at all. If they were testing a prototype (but were telling everyone it's the final product), then it's terrible all around. I have no reason to believe that's the case though. If they were testing a final mold... then it's another matter, and I understand a little bit more how the information would spread. I just don't know what to think with regard to this boat. Other stuff they are doing seems right, but everything X-Star in the past 4 months has gone crappy for them. And I know MasterCraft DOES THEIR HOMEWORK when it comes to X-Star. They are stumbling right now but I'm not counting them out. I can't afford one, but I'm not hearing their death knell.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 01-18-2012 at 5:55 PM.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-18-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
has anyone been on the mastercraft site lately? its now listing the 2012 death star as a 2013 model. is that some kinda typo or are they pushing the boat back???
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-18-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
They will start 2013 production sometime in July. Since they are now calling it a 2013, I wouldn't hold your breath for a production boat anytime before July.

Looks like the video is back up.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-18-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
Erik. I agree with what you are saying. Its so confusing to me. I would expect a video like they produced to come out of a startup such as Pavati, rushing to get wake and boat videos out to get people talking. But this is MC. Their video was horrible. I was fortunate to meet a very important MC guy(s) this summer and was able to ask a bit about the xstar. It was just after the xstar video release. I asked if that video was an accitdental release, they said no, that was an MC release. Then I gave them my opinion on why it was a bad move. they were all very open to what I had to say but seemed to be a bit confused, as if they had not really seen the video, which I highly doubt because they were defending it on some of my points.

I too will never buy one, and will not spend 100k+ on any boat, so it doesnt really matter. its just really really interesting to see a company that has been doing it right for so long make so many problems for themselves.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-19-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Nick + MBA + X25 + "investments" - crapper + drain plug = LON + X80 + fist pumps + spray tan
post of the year so far
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-21-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Pickle Fork Toilet Seat!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
Oh, its a toilet seat. I can see it now. I thought it was an all white MB F23
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-25-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
oh, its a toilet seat. I can see it now. I thought it was an all white mb f23

rofl!!!!!!!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Ha. Well done JD! :>)
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
I am also not a fan of the "platypus" pickles.