Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       09-30-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I am in the market for a new to me vehicle, recently moved to FL and left my F-150 back home. With driving 50+ miles a day on average, the 12mpg wasnt worth having.
I am thinking about a 08ish Ford Escape, Anyone have one or have any experience with them? Pros Cons? I am just looking for something bigger than a car and maybe tow something small on occasion , hate driving cars after being in a truck my whole life, but still gets decent mileage, 25+ would be great.
Thanks in Advance!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-30-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
No experience with them but Ford seems to be doing really good things with their new SUV's(all cars for that matter) when it comes to fuel economy. I think they also have some crazy good deals on 2011's and have 0% financing on 2012's. Not sure it will tow better but the edge is available with a 4cyl ecoboost. It looks like all engine option in the Edge get about 19/27 mpg and can tow around 3500. That being said I am sure they are more expensive.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       09-30-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Yeah I did look at the edge! Much more pricy, and I don't think I need that much SUV. They looked pretty nice though! and the Ecoboost would be a plus for sure. I think the escape might fit me, and mu budget a little better. As far as towing, probably the least of my worries, maybe just to pull a jet ski if I need too or something small.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-30-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Maybe Hate will chime in. He sells Ford's and shoudl have some good info on the Escape.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
If you're looking at slightly used Escapes get a 2009 or later. They went to the six speed transmission and kicked up the horsepower on both motors. You'll have more HP and get better fuel economy. If new you should be able to get an excellent deal on a FWD 11 as the 12's have been hitting the lots for about 4-6 weeks now.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       09-30-2011, 3:58 PM Reply   
Thanks!! Glad you mentioned the 09+. Any advice on which motor to stick with? And Im pretty set on only getting one that is Certified Pre Owned with the Warranty, do you think I should stick with that reasoning?
I test drove this the other day, and really liked it. http://www.myfordofclermont.com/inve...L-30183847.htm

Last edited by gotwake133; 09-30-2011 at 4:05 PM.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
Audi Q5 (Audi's CPO warranty is pretty good).

BMW X3

Porsche Cayenne (obvisouly not the TT V8 for fuel mileage reasons)

I'm a fan both import and domestic (leaning a bit more towards domestic), but the small SUV selection from the Big 3 is about as bland as they come.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       10-01-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input, but I think those are a tad bit out of my price range haha
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       10-01-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
Audi Q5 (Audi's CPO warranty is pretty good).

BMW X3

Porsche Cayenne (obvisouly not the TT V8 for fuel mileage reasons)

I'm a fan both import and domestic (leaning a bit more towards domestic), but the small SUV selection from the Big 3 is about as bland as they come.
Hello apple shopper. Have you considered an orange? Ha!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2011, 10:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
Thanks for the input, but I think those are a tad bit out of my price range haha
What is your price range?
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       10-02-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
my limit is 19k. trying too keep insurance and car under 500 a month, insurance for a 20 year old guy is tough these days haha
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
my limit is 19k. trying too keep insurance and car under 500 a month, insurance for a 20 year old guy is tough these days haha
BMW X3 and Acura RDX can be had in an 08 for that price range.

Toyota 4Runner is another solid option in that price range.