Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-01-2011, 9:38 PM Reply   
Hello

My brother and I are working on installing a stargazer wake edition perfect pass into my 2004 sanger v210 black scorpion. I was wondering how to get the RPM connector hooked up. There are instructions for a number of boats but no sanger.

Thanks!
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-02-2011, 3:52 AM Reply   
I guess it's time for me to pay it forward a bit ...

Although mine is an '04 215, I've got to believe Sanger used the same harness distributer for both boats. Mine ended up being like the instructions that talk about a prewired female spade, although I never did find the one that the guys helping me were telling me about. Supposedly if you look approx 3 inches prior to where the main harness coming from the back of the boat plugs into the harness that connects the instruments and the Medallion brain, there should be a gray wire prewired with a female spade.

I looked inside the loom starting above my steering wheel and traced it all the way back, and in all directions (to instruments, to Medallion, and unused branches) and never did find it. Although I noted that the grey wire coming from the back of the boat is the RPM data wire, and where it plugs into the white connector, it is split into at least two grey wires. One of those gray wires was in a group of three wires that were in a smaller unused loom and terminated with light blue spade connectors. I cut the light blue spade (wrong size) and crimped a spade I had sitting around onto this wire, while also cutting and crimping the matching spade onto the RPM sensor wire from PP, and connected there. Although I haven't turned my boat over yet, I did start up the system and noted my RPM reading 00 (as opposed to nothing). If when I get onto the water this doesn't work, I'm going to do the "tee-tap method" on the gray wire from the back of the boat, prior to the white harness connector, and plug in there.

Feel free to shoot me a pm/email if I can help more. Good luck! Also, checkout Sanger Nation as there's a thread over there too.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-02-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
I did see those three wires, although my gray one has a black stripe. I will try to trace it as you suggested although it all goes under the floor somewhere and it's virtually impossible to get under there. Where did you connect your power, just right to the back of the ignition switch?
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-02-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
Yep ... power straight from ignition switch ... at first, I was afraid to tap the gray wire prior to the connection due to my not wanting to do anything to the boats original wiring. In hindsight, I would have done it with the tee-tap right away and saved myself at least 2 hrs of messing around looking for it. I might get out this afternoon and I'll be able to tell you if the gray wire with the black stripe is a good source.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-02-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-05-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
Any luck?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-05-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
saberworks,do your gauges have terminal on the back that the wires are attached to or do they just have wires that come out to a harness connector?
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-05-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
There are no terminals, there's a special connector with a bundle of wires and it leads to MDC somehow.
Old     (ipchaser)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-05-2011, 9:55 PM Reply   
I was having the same trouble.
I called perfect pass and this is the photo that he sent me.
Perfect pass said to Tee tap into this solid grey wire.
Attached Images

Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-06-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Ugh, I really hate to do those T-tap things. My old boat had tons of them and they caused me nothing but problems. I will take a picture under my dash later, it doesn't look exactly the same as yours (but does look similar). I have a bundle of 3 wires coming out that includes a Gray one and like mach90 and I'm hoping his worked so I don't have to do the tap thing.
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-06-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hey guys- Sorry, I never did get my boat into the water the other day ... busy at work. I won't be able to do a water test until this weekend. I will call PP tech support today and ask them about the wire I with and the PP display reading 00 RPM. I'll pos up when I find out. If I do have to go into the gray wire somewhere else, I'm planning on doing a real cut & splice complete with shrink wrap etc as opposed to the tee-taps.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-06-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Where did you guys mount the PP Master Module? I was going to do it on the drivers side but the instructions say passenger side. I couldn't find an easy way to get anything under the floor from passenger side to driver's side for the gage (and the wires from the servo come up through to the drivers side as well, I couldn't find a similar existing duct/conduit for the passenger side).
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-10-2011, 7:17 PM Reply   
I ran my wires up the starboard side, more than enough cable to make it to the back of the boat, across to the starboard side, and then up to the dash area. As for the module, I used industrial strength velcro and stuck it up under the dash by my left knee. After sizing up the screws they provided, I was too chicken that they'd puncture through and mark up my walkthrough.

Unfortunately today I found out that I'm not getting RPM sense off that gray wire with the black stripe. Back under there tonight after the kids get in bed to tap the "gray" wire!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-10-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
Damn that's annoying. Are you talking about the same wire Aaron Paugh (ipchaser) posted in the picture above?
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-25-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
Just FYI for anyone coming to this thread later... The photo Aaron Paugh (ipchaser) posted was indeed correct. We used the tap connectors provided by perfect pass to tap into that one and it worked perfectly. I ran the wires up the middle of the boat (a conduit already used by other wires) up under the dash on the drivers side. We mounted everything up there. I put the GPS receiver right on top of the dash on the drivers side as well. I used the provided velcro and just tucked the wire along the dash so it's not visible at all.

All worked perfectly with default settings, very happy with this project.