Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2017, 7:39 AM Reply   
And I thought this was a great example of John Kelly (Trumps Chief of Staff) talking about gold star
Parents. I saw the movie “Taking Chance” I had no Idea Kelly he had anything to do with it and that his son had died in duty. If you have a chance check out the movie it’s very emotional.

https://youtu.be/Ps5ttDzWBaY

I love John Kelly’s quote “ empty barrels make the most noise”

This “ rodeo clown” of a congresswoman ( Frederica Wilson) (D) of Florida IMO is a disgrace.
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-20-2017, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post

This “ rodeo clown” of a congresswoman ( Frederica Wilson) (D) of Florida IMO is a disgrace.
This might have more of an impact if it wasn't that you could interchange Wilson with Kelly's boss and it would be just as valid.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-20-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
And I thought this was a great example of John Kelly (Trumps Chief of Staff) talking about gold star
Parents. I saw the movie “Taking Chance” I had no Idea Kelly he had anything to do with it and that his son had died in duty. If you have a chance check out the movie it’s very emotional.

https://youtu.be/Ps5ttDzWBaY

The thing about all of this is that the wife backed up Wilson's take on it. Is Trump that insecure that he now has to call a woman who just lost her husband a liar? Even if she is lying, just let it go for ****s sake you tiny little man.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
What are the odds that this congresswoman Frederica Wilson’s District is a hot mess! I can only imagine the type of person that would vote for someone like this.
She sounds and looks like the Maxine Waters of Florida.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-20-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
Kelly was just being a sycophant a$$ talking s**t in Trump's defense. You can't defend Trump without taking the low road. Look at Tillerson. He calls Trump a moron and when called out by the press he's pleads the 5th then sends out a paid underling to lie for him.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-20-2017, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
What are the odds that this congresswoman Frederica Wilson’s District is a hot mess! I can only imagine the type of person that would vote for someone like this
You mean like the Gold Star family that has been friends with her for decades? I bet they are the type who'd vote for her.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2017, 10:19 AM Reply   
The reason trump spends so much time standing on one foot is because the other is stuck in his mouth. Embarrassment to the country. To politicize a sacred and private moment then blame everyone else. SOP for cheeto.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2017, 10:57 AM Reply   
Did you guys watch John Kelly’s press conference? My take away is that Trump looked to him for advice for calling a Gold Star widow. I didn’t hear Kelly defending Trump I heard Kelly talking about how one would or could address a grieving persons loss. I heard Kelly advising Trump not to make the phone call because it’s a very difficult thing to do and to write a letter instead. Not like the letter writing is the easy way out but because the phone calls are very brutal. I could see Trump making the phone call and a 3rd party bureaucrat like Frederica Wilson being critical of every word.

Have we heard from the widow? Has she said she was offended by Trumps words? or are we gonnna take the words of a Politician and outspoken Trump opponent looking for her 15 mins who heard the conversation over a speaker phone and relayed it to the Media 3rd person as gospel? This congress woman is the POS in this story.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2017, 11:09 AM Reply   
Kelly is just as full of **** as Trump is... they deserve each other.

I assume some of you recall Kelly talking **** about Wilson and her speech about the FBI building.... only to have video surface that shows Kelly is a straight up bull**** artist just like Trump and Wilson was in-fact telling the truth on that matter.

.... every story that comes out there are two sides... unfortunately for Trump and friends they're batting about .00005 when it comes to telling the truth.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 11:24 AM Reply   
It's unfortunate that Kelly politicized things towards the end and gave up the high road. Otherwise a nice speech. I feel like he is in a bad position (which he of course put himself in) doing his best to save some shred of respect for the office of the presidency from the cheetoh... and failing.

The widow and other family members who were there and listening on speakerphone supported the congress woman's take.

I don't think Trump was trying to be an ass, he just can't help it. Silver spoon up his butt from birth, daddy bought him his business and a fleet of lawyers and business contacts - he has absolutely no friggin clue what sacrifice is like or how to talk to someone who has made the ultimate one. Should probably have stuck to a letter.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
All I read are a bunch of a$$holes from the left in here. I think we are beyond repair.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       10-20-2017, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
It's unfortunate that Kelly politicized things towards the end and gave up the high road. Otherwise a nice speech. I feel like he is in a bad position (which he of course put himself in) doing his best to save some shred of respect for the office of the presidency from the cheetoh... and failing.

The widow and other family members who were there and listening on speakerphone supported the congress woman's take.

I don't think Trump was trying to be an ass, he just can't help it. Silver spoon up his butt from birth, daddy bought him his business and a fleet of lawyers and business contacts - he has absolutely no friggin clue what sacrifice is like or how to talk to someone who has made the ultimate one. Should probably have stuck to a letter.
This.

I have no doubt that Trump had the most sincere intentions when calling these families. I wouldn't want to do it, how unimaginably tough. However, he is so far out of his league being President; I bet he never thought he would have to call grieving widows of KIA soldiers when he was developing real estate in Manhattan.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
This.

I have no doubt that Trump had the most sincere intentions when calling these families. I wouldn't want to do it, how unimaginably tough. However, he is so far out of his league being President; I bet he never thought he would have to call grieving widows of KIA soldiers when he was developing real estate in Manhattan.
Just like Obama didn't when he was out being a communist organizer and he still did not call. At least he was decent enough to do the tough thing when it did not have to be done. That is extremely honorable and you F#$ktards would not know honor if it spit in your God D#$N eye.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
Rod's lying again, just like his boy Trump when he made the misleading claim that Obama didn't call General Kelly when he lost his son. Turns out Obama met with Kelly in person.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Rod's lying again, just like his boy Trump when he made the misleading claim that Obama didn't call General Kelly when he lost his son. Turns out Obama met with Kelly in person.
Pu##y brigade typing again?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
I seem to recall you saying something about name calling when you don't have a valid response? Guess that's your go-to when caught in one of your many lies.

Are you suggesting Obama didn't meet in person with Kelly?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-20-2017, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Just like Obama didn't when he was out being a communist organizer and he still did not call. At least he was decent enough to do the tough thing when it did not have to be done. That is extremely honorable and you F#$ktards would not know honor if it spit in your God D#$N eye.
Do you honestly just choose to ignore facts or just trolling? Obama called.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-20-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
There is no honor in calling a mother who just lost her son in battle a liar you idiot.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is extremely honorable and you F#$ktards would not know honor if it spit in your God D#$N eye.
Sounds like defending the indefensible is finally getting to Rod.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Kelly seems like a classy guy, i like the way he operates from a visual point of view. He did 100% confirm that Trump used those exact words tho, just he was so hamfisted about it it came out offensively. Doesn't change the fact Trump straight up lied about it tho.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
There is no honor in calling a mother who just lost her son in battle a liar you idiot.
No kidding. It's almost like Rod wouldn't know honor if it... hmm.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
I seem to recall you saying something about name calling when you don't have a valid response? Guess that's your go-to when caught in one of your many lies.

Are you suggesting Obama didn't meet in person with Kelly?
I am going to name calling because I am done with you people. I am calling for a ntional action phase to this business. I hate bullies and you guys on the left are the biggest. In the press, on the streets, in this room.

I don't care if obama blew Kelly. It does not matter. He worked with Kelly. Of course he met him. Who the f cares. It takes a lot to call a F#$king stranger and tell them personally that you are sorry for their loss especially when that person may dislike you because of your politics or blame you for sending their child into harms way. That takes a lot of guts to do. As the good general said, he is not required to do that and other presidents did not do that. It was not a criticism. It is simply the truth. To turn this in to politics is the lowest of the low. I have two son in laws in the military right now and that congress woman, the press and you people on here make me done with talking to you. Zero redeeming qualities. If we can not be at a point where that conversation is not a political fire storm then we are done as a nation. I know which side I am on. Lets everyone get this thing to the action phase at soon so we can all get this settled. Someone set a national time and place and lets get this done.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds like defending the indefensible is finally getting to Rod.
No. Bullies are getting to me and you are number one on the **** list.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
F off prick
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am going to name calling because I am done with you people.
Good excuse!

Quote:
I don't care if obama blew Kelly. It does not matter. He worked with Kelly. Of course he met him. Who the f cares.
People care because the POTUS lied about it - what about that do you not get?

Quote:
It takes a lot to call a F#$king stranger and tell them personally that you are sorry for their loss especially when that person may dislike you because of your politics or blame you for sending their child into harms way.
Indeed it does. And Obama and Bush did, as attested to by the huge outpouring of emails and tweets and calls from families who were contacted by both of them. Again, Trump is the one who politicized this - I know it's hard for you to accept.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
And if it wasn't already painfully obvious... supporting Trump while complaining about bullying... IRONY ALERT
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Good excuse!

People care because the POTUS lied about it - what about that do you not get?

Indeed it does. And Obama and Bush did, as attested to by the huge outpouring of emails and tweets and calls from families who were contacted by both of them. Again, Trump is the one who politicized this - I know it's hard for you to accept.
No he did not. He called. A leftist bully decided to take her version of what she wanted to make it to the press. End of story. I don't care if Trump handled it well because it should have never been a conversation. Never ever ever should have been in the press and he should have never got the question. I would have been pissed to if someone confronted me with that after having that conversation. I am so pissed for him. I am pissed for the state of our country. I think I would have simply started throwing punches if someone would have started of accusing me of that after calling someone in that situation. It makes me that angry to even hear about it. period.

I am out with this. See you in the field when it gets to that. Maybe a few month or years but it is heading that direction.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-20-2017, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
F off prick
hahahahaha
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-20-2017, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
All I read are a bunch of a$$holes from the left in here. I think we are beyond repair.
Agreed.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2017, 1:37 PM Reply   
Everyone here has had a Meltdown, Wes had at-least 3 that I can remember. So I don’t blame anyone for getting emotional. I can count 2 people in this very thread that have said they would Quit & Never did! Kind of like the Elite that said they would move out of the US if Trump won! All hot air & Grand standing just like the Washington DC Swamp Beast “Frederica Wilson“ what a POS.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-20-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone here has had a Meltdown, Wes had at-least 3 that I can remember. So I don’t blame anyone for getting emotional. I can count 2 people in this very thread that have said they would Quit & Never did! Kind of like the Elite that said they would move out of the US if Trump won! All hot air & Grand standing just like the Washington DC Swamp Beast “Frederica Wilson“ what a POS.
Eh, I'll really be gone now if delta got banned. I didn't agree with him 99% of the time but he was the only one on your side who would formulate a rational argument from time to time.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       10-20-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
This article sums of that press conference perfectly

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...-the-president

Quote:
We know Trump can do better. We know he has the ability to at least seem empathetic. We recently heard a very different call he placed to another young widow. In that call, Trump used appropriately sensitive language.

Gen. Kelly should have told him to repeat those sentiments exactly, or he should have sought out better advice for his boss on how to handle these sensitive calls. He should not have shared the words he received and passed them on as if Trump should use the same approach.
Quote:
I don’t believe Gen. Kelly intended to give his boss bad advice, but when he mentioned the words that were used with him, ones similar to what Trump used when he spoke to the young widow of fallen soldier, Sgt. La David Johnson, he should have differentiated between the varying contextual realities that exist between his life and that of Ms. Johnson’s.

The words “he knew what he was signing up for…” or any variation thereof, will fall very differently on the ears of an older, lifelong Marine general than they would on the ears of a 24-year-old mother of two — who has another on the way — especially when they are coming from someone who didn’t even seem to know her husband’s name.
Delta, you really need to relax.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-20-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
Empty barrels always make the most noise.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2017, 8:00 PM Reply   
Delta and wakeisreal gone? Bummer
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-21-2017, 6:10 AM Reply   
I thought Kelly's comments were very vulnerable, earnest and heartfelt.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2017, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Delta and wakeisreal gone? Bummer
Probably just got a timeout from Dave.

It did appear that Rod was having a public meltdown.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-21-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
I think it’s more likely they temporarily deactivated their own accounts. Given the content that has transpired on this thread (including dozens of blatantly racist/white suoremacist posts by White Pride) I’d be surprised if anything Rod wrote triggered any discipline. His last post above seems to indicate a voluntary leave to prepare for what he feels is inevitable civil war.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2017, 1:52 PM Reply   
Here is a great summary i saw on twitter. Sums up perfectly the facts as i see them, Fake news no doubt.
For me, this isn't a big deal other than to show that Trump is totally unsuited to the job, USA deserve better. Or maybe not, you elected him.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-21-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
Classic Drumpf. Especially like the questioning the generals part. Hypocrite supported by hypocrites.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
Trump straight up calling the widow a liar now. You think he would just cut his losses and move on but no, his tone deafness has no bounds
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-23-2017, 4:56 PM Reply   
has there ever been a white house staff that almost every single day has to "explain" what or why the president just tweeted or commented? And, then he says it again (foot in mouth) and they have to re-explain.