Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey I just thought I would pass this on. I keep a eye on Lakefront property @ Tulloch just to see what things are selling for and this "To Date" is the lowest priced water front home with a dock that I have seen. It's a short sale. I drove up to it by water this weekend and it looks Ok. For the price I think it might be a deal. I don't know the people selling it or have anything to do with it I just thought I would pass on what I came across.
Hey I just thought I would pass this on. I keep a eye on Lakefront property @ Tulloch just to see what things are selling for and this "To Date" is the lowest priced water front home with a dock that I have seen. It's a short sale. I drove up to it by water this weekend and it looks Ok. For the price I think it might be a deal. I don't know the people selling it or have anything to do with it I just thought I would pass on what I came across.

if you click on the link there is a camera Icon in the upper right hand corner where you can see pic's of it
http://www.mlscalaveras.com/cal/mail...5_01_46pm.html

Last edited by grant_west; 09-27-2011 at 2:26 PM. Reason: adding info
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-27-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Gotta love the down economy, makes things more affordable again. Good looking out...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
I know some people have been saving away for a chance like this. I wish this kind of deal was around when we bought our place. We payed more and we are off the water. IMO haveing a Lake front home and your boat on your own Dock is the BOMB! I know this place needs some work but for the price its a great "Get your foot in the door place"
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Have some of the nicer locations also come down in price?
Are some areas/nsew-orientations preferred?
Do you have a realtor recommendation?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Q:Have some of the nicer locations also come down in price?
A: Yes and No I have seen some good deals pop up but I have also seen some houses sell at prices that are still up there Example the house next to ours sold for 1.6 M
Q:Are some areas/nsew-orientations preferred?
A: It depends on what you are looking for. Poker Flat (where the house is located) is a pretty popular sub division and one of the Orignal sub divisions, a mix of water front and Non water front homes 300 to 600 cant be sure on the exact number homes in that HOA dues are around $80 a month.
Do you have a realtor recommendation?
A: I have a few. We bought our home from bernadettecattaneo@gmail.com. She did a great job getting us a great deal on our Family home. I would recomend her.
Dane you have been kicking Tires for what seems forever. You seem to keep a good eye open on property, Would you ever consider moving out of the Delta? or would it be a 2nd or 3rd place for you?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2011, 6:57 PM Reply   
Yes, I have been interested for a long time but now appears to be a good time to take a closer look.

If we got a house on a lake we would drop the delta house which has served us well.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
Also keep in mind that with interest rates as low as they are, waiting on a better deal for a house is going to cost you more in the long run if rates come up again.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
I just made an offer on that house. Thanx for the tip
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
what am i missing, the one I see is $499k
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 2:11 PM Reply   
Jason: Good luck I hope you get it.
Edgar: Yea I see that price on the Main page, But the E-mail I got said it was $279, Mabey Jason has more info.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
My Bad here is a direct link to the $279 house
http://prospector.metrolist.net/scri...tSID=149052201
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of your water access
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
House from the water
Attached Images

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-28-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
We have a house on the lake there. It is on the water, no over the water on stilts. It is fun to be fishing off your own deck or jumping off your second story deck and into deep water. Not a wakeboarding or waterskii lake, but more of a party type lake.

Here is the thing the home owners are trying to pass a law that you can't use your home as a vacation rental and as far as I know there are several owners wanting it to pass.

We have our home off of Thomson Ln which is in that same neighbor hood as that house listed on Eagle Point. Home Owner fees are $5000 a year. Not $80. a month, maybe that was way back in the day, but that is not what we pay.

That is why the houses are going up on the market. The possibility of not being a vacation rental is high and the home owners fees are high.

Still a fun lake.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
Homeowners are $813 (for all of them). That's one of the first things I saw. Still, if I lived in N.Cal., I'd be looking strongly at this.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Wednesday, September 28, 2011.pdf (234.0 KB, 386 views)
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-28-2011, 4:21 PM Reply   
I'm foaming at the mouth. I want to live on a lake with my boat parked in a dock
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
B= The short term rental rule that poker flats has tryed over and over to pass is IMO not Legal
http://www.hoalawblog.com/2011/08/sb..._rental_r.html
SB 150 say's HOAs can't make a rule like "No short term rentals" if you bought your home before the rule was in effect. Sort of like a Grand father clause. IMO they will never be able to inforce that rule Nor should ANY HOA be able to change the way you should be able to use your property. If you bought a house at a time where renting it was not a problem then why should they be able to make a rule that changes that.

B, I would agree with you in regaurds to weekend traffic on the lake, Pretty much any lake is a ZOO on the weekend's. Traffic on Tulloch has been cut down by more than 70% just since school started. Now the lake is nice a quite. If you have the ability to stay and go out on Monday's or get up early on a Friday or Thursday you pretty much have the place to yourself.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
I need to visit the lake to appreciate the atmosphere. Not be too blue haired (old farts) . Not be too hillbilly (rednecks). Not be too rowdy (young thugs).

For example, at our our discobay house, I like it when people are around having a good time and partying but I hate if when I can hear the swearing/cursing at each other all night long. I also don't mind if they make noise into the night provided I can close my windows and sleep.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-28-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
I've lived in two houses on that lake, on the Copper Cove side, each one street up from the Kiva! Miss that lake!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 7:34 PM Reply   
Jay what street were you on have a home in copper cove just up from the Kiva

Just like any community it has Micro climates of all cross sections of people.
IMO the lake is made up 90% people Live there part time (Vacation Homes) and the rest live there full time.
The 10% or so that live there full time are split between retired and people that work in and around the area. I have found that the Majority of people that I have met at the lake are great people that enjoy socializing. I mean why you would move to a popular lake like Tulloch if you wanted to be by yourself. If you don’t want to see any one Try Melonies or Don Pedro or Pinecrest. As I have said before the lake has to extremes. BUSY and Quite. Just like a commute on a busy road It’s all about when you decide to get out there is what decides how busy it is. Im sure all this week its dead up there and Butter
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
I am such a Dr Doom on real estate right now. There has to be 10's of thousands of these type of homes across lakes all over america and my guess is that more will come up when forclosures hit the next wave.

either way that looks like a good deal, esp if you are not looking for a flip and just a nice vacation home.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-28-2011, 8:26 PM Reply   
If you can get it. Short sales are a PITA! My neighbor has been in his house for almost 3 years as a short sale and has not made a payment in that time. With a short sale, you still need owner permission to get inside the house to see it, and they cn make it very difficult. They should take short sales off the table and just forclose. Even if you can get a Bid to the bank, they can take up to a year to answer you. If it was that easy to get, it wouldn't have lasted a day on the market.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-28-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
I'm a SoCal guy. The lake looks awesome but I've never been there. What's the weather like in the winter?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-29-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
We love our house. It is our family's vacation home. We are there all the time. My father and mother are there 75% of the time as their retirement home and we are there when they are not. It works out great.
Attached Images

Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-29-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
Grant, it was the late 80's early 90's, I believe the 1st house was on Lakeshore Ct. the last road north of Kiva Dr? The 2nd house was south of Kiva Dr, 2nd street up from the water! We were jet ski bums back in the day, alot of us that lived in the area at that time worked at the Royal Mountain King Mine.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-29-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Pueblo Trail was the name of the other road, Grant!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
Ok I know where that is. Im not far from there. We have 2 places at Tulloch. The place in CC is My Wifes and my'n, We bought it about 5 years ago. Her Dad built the place in 1980 . We are just up from the Kiva. The second place is in Penisula Estates across from CC on the Water. Im partners in this place with my Brother and Dad "The Palms"
Attached Images

Old     (skyry)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-29-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
SangerTom - weather in the winter is relatively mild. You could easily ride the winter months with a suit - it snows down to lake level perhaps once every several years. Late September throughout October is IMHO the best time of year, especially if there's an Indian summer. Crowds are (relatively) light and the air/water temps are very comfortable. Once the ski resorts open we use our home (in the Calypso Bay subdivision) as a winter sports base (Dodge Ridge and Bear Valley are about an hour away).

Calypso Bay HOA also recently passed a short-term rental ban - only a handful of homes (with well established rental records) were grandfathered in. To my knowledge Copper Cove is the last remaining subdivision to allow vacation rentals. The Lake Tulloch Alliance website has more details if you're interested, though the articles there make no mention of grandfathering in the Poker Flat decision.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
G, that place looks amazing. You're living the dream.

We bought a place in north shore Tahoe last year. Not quite a wakeboarding lake, and we're definitely not waterfront (though we do have a view), but we really dig it. 5 minutes from the launch ramp, clear (albeit cold) blue water, and we're 5 minutes from skiing/boarding in the winter as well. Bought our place for 50% of the original asking price, things have come down that much...
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
We have a house on the lake, and we really only wakeboard in the winter. Too crowded in the summer. Dry suit is your friend and you are all good to go in the winter. THe best time up there is definately september and October. Still warm and the lake is mellow. The only problem is they start lowering the lake way too early. It is already going down a foot a week.

Before any one comments on the banning of shot term rentals being a bad idea they should live in a cove that has 6 rental houses like ours. It is true that sometimes you get cool people but the next day new people will show up there that have no respect for your property. I can't wait for the ban that has been in the CC&Rs for over 30 years to be enforced.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
Mike: I see both sides of the fence on the short term rental's. Your cove and Your situation with all the rentals is kind of a joke and IMO out of control. We have had some home owners over in CC complain about the Short term rentals. People that have lived on the lake for years have had the house next to them Short sale and then its bought by people that purchase it for the sole use of renting it. Like you said Some renters are cool but some are a problem. I can't imagin what it would be like to have your whole cove surrounded by Renters like what your family's cove is like.
On the other hand many people rent their homes with no problems at all. Many people can barley afford to hold on to their home and they rent it during the summer to help offset the cost. I do agree that I would not want to live next to a Rental and deal with the constant New neighbor's. My neighbors in CC turned their home into a rental. Its not short term but it might as well be. It is nice knowing your neighbor and having a common intrest in the well being of the hood/
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-29-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
Mike I agree with you. Our home is in a cover with several rentals. Three directly across from us and one is just 2 homes over. The rental just two house over is always rented out every week or weekend. It is amazing how many people fits in that rental. I have seen 3 boats and 4 jet skiis packed on their small dock at that rental and it is a zoo. Loud music until 3am with no respect to the home owners around them. It really pisses you off when you wake up to floating beer cans and ping pong balls all around and under your house. They are leaving after the weekend so they don't care about their trash. Not a big fan of the rentals. We don't rent our home out nor will we ever, so if the ban does get passed it doesn't bother us.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
I will say anyone looking at property at Tulloch it is a great lake. And will always be my home. Jason good luck on getting the house.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-29-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
Funny how everyone is against renters, except for those who are renting out. Being here in so Cal, we purchased a place in Parker, AZ, located in the keys. I met one on the neighbors on day one of closing the deal and he asked if I was going to rent the place out. When I told him no, his response was "thank god!". There are 240 homes located in the keys, and ony 40 full time residents, so the rest are vacation homes and rentals. I would never rent my place out, but the place across from me is rented every weekend at 500 a night. Sleeps about 15 people and it is always packed and rented. Most of the people that come through are cool, but with the kind of money they are making on the place, I can see why they do it.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
Mikey, Was just kid'n on the house just to mess with the guys. "Sall good. I would love to have a place there. I have a few other irons in the fire right now or I would be looking very seriously. If my other deal falls through, I will likely be looking in the spring
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Jason, too bad I thought we were gonna have some more people for our ufc parties!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-10-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
Just an update. My dad just bought another lot up at tulloch. It is off the water and doesn't really have a desirable view. He is using it to build a gameroom and large garage. But the deal is he offered half of asking price and it was accepted. He offered cash but was still shocked that the offer was accepted so quickly. Just goes to show if you have cash and are looking right now you can find some great deals.