Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-22-2015, 8:52 PM Reply   
I'm not a Buddhist but I think this guy speaks a lot of sense:
http://www.dw.com/en/dalai-lama-on-p...ampaign=buffer
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-23-2015, 12:04 AM Reply   
Islam is practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-23-2015, 5:22 AM Reply   
I'm naive about the Muslim religion and the Koran but aren't these verses in it? http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Qu...3-violence.htm
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-23-2015, 2:44 PM Reply   
Yes. Do you want a list of horrible **** in the bible too?
Old    deltahoosier            11-24-2015, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Islam is practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them.
You really believe that? Islam was born from war. They have zero rights for women and death for gays. Ever listen to Louis Farakan? He is an American Muslim. He sponsors million man marches in Washington.

I think the only difference between American version vs Arab version is money. American muslims have much to lose. Thus they try and live by the scales of justice. The others have nothing to lose and they get corrupted by those with the means who are interested in getting more. They offer martyrism. Either way, it does not change the violent beginning and preaching that is the tenants of Islam.

Last edited by deltahoosier; 11-24-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-24-2015, 10:31 AM Reply   
“I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It’s practiced freely by many millions of Americans and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends. It is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every government that supports them.”

~ George W. Bush address to Congress, September 20th, 2001
Old    deltahoosier            11-24-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
“I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It’s practiced freely by many millions of Americans and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends. It is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every government that supports them.”

~ George W. Bush address to Congress, September 20th, 2001
Never knew you drank from the George W. jug. Welcome aboard.

Of course you don't want to piss off a billion people who tend to group think. You parse the words.

Could easily hear a Imam say, "America. We do not hate you. You are our friends. We have an issue with Kentucky. We want to purge them from the world." The people of Indiana and Tennessee would rejoice. West Virginians would be confused. The rest may not buy into it.

How do you feel about the Muslims chucking gays off the rooftops?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-24-2015, 10:41 AM Reply   
I don't disagree with you Rod. Just posting for the benefit of the idiots who are foaming at the mouth regarding the language Obama is using or not using.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-24-2015, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
How do you feel about the Muslims chucking gays off the rooftops?
If you're asking this guy, he's in agreement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...aids/19929973/
Old    deltahoosier            11-24-2015, 10:46 AM Reply   
I don't pay attention to what Obama says anymore. I know if his lips are moving, it is bad for America.

Glad you don't disagree with my....errr the fictitious Imam's stance on Kentucky as well.
Old    deltahoosier            11-24-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
John, that guy is an idiot.

Who did Jesus preach too? He hung out with the "unclean".
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-24-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Jesus was a pretty cool guy. It's his followers that have made a real mess of things with the whole Christ thing. Not sure how much I would miss Kentucky.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-24-2015, 11:31 AM Reply   
Seems he's not the only one...

http://tfninsider.org/2015/11/10/ted...e-gays-pastor/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-24-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
Republican politicians and homo-hating pastors make up roughly 74.6% of male male public restroom sex.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-03-2015, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Republican politicians and homo-hating pastors make up roughly 74.6% of male male public restroom sex.
Sounds like you know a lot about public restrooms.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-03-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
.But obama says islam is wonderful and that we shouldn't hold them accountable for their actions. Meanwhile, he wants all of our guns and wipes his ass with our Constitution.