Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-04-2021, 9:48 AM Reply   
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Corey T. and Fynn B. are riding on some 2022 gear in the PWT virtual tour stop #3.

https://www.prowakeboardtour.com/pro...-451817ae-b94a
Old     (Shreddr)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-07-2021, 5:47 AM Reply   
Looks like John Dreiling is riding a new Slingshot board in Hamburg…
Attached Images

Old     (Shreddr)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-07-2021, 8:59 AM Reply   
Again the Dreiling Board and a new Dom Hernler Pro from Ronix
Attached Images

Old     (Shreddr)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-07-2021, 10:23 AM Reply   
Again the Dreiling Board and a new Dom Hernler Pro from Ronix
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-07-2021, 4:12 PM Reply   
I think I heard Dreiling say that his board was custom painted/drawn by someone for the event. I've seen him riding blank boards in the past, most likely prototypes. My guess is this is just a prototype, or blank Nomad that he had someone draw on
Old     (Shreddr)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-08-2021, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Mora View Post
I think I heard Dreiling say that his board was custom painted/drawn by someone for the event. I've seen him riding blank boards in the past, most likely prototypes. My guess is this is just a prototype, or blank Nomad that he had someone draw on
Yeah you are right... I just found out it was painted by "Nane" (Nico von Lerchenfelds wife) and its a prototype...
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-09-2021, 6:34 AM Reply   
That's sick!
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-11-2021, 3:22 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has posted a few photos of their '22 line on their Instagram.
Old     (Shreddr)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-01-2021, 9:13 AM Reply   
Ok Hyperlite has its own weird shape board now
https://waterskiersworld.com.au/prod...wakeboard-2021
Old     (Speedmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2019       09-01-2021, 10:44 AM Reply   
Ronix 2022 website is live for desktop, mobile is still 2021. Some cool new stuff and a Red Bull Collab!!?

https://www.ronixwake.com/
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       09-03-2021, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddr View Post
Ok Hyperlite has its own weird shape board now
https://waterskiersworld.com.au/prod...wakeboard-2021
Here is the 2022 Hyperlite line

https://waterskiersworld.com.au/coll...ice-descending
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-27-2021, 3:47 AM Reply   
Slingshot 2022 Issuu - https://issuu.com/slingshotsports/do...ake_hype_final
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-04-2021, 1:15 PM Reply   
awesome stuff. anyone have the 2022 obrien goodds?
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       11-06-2021, 3:57 AM Reply   
Figured this is easier to ask in the 2022 Gear thread.

Just got a boat again and can't wait to ride come spring. I used to ride a Liquid Force S4 and it was my absolute favorite wakeboard, I wish I never got rid of it. For anyone familiar with that board, what is the closest thing to it today?

I have ridden the entire Hyperlight Line Up, the LF RDX, a few slingshots, and the Ronix one. I am not a fan of the hyperlight shapes, the One was absolutely fantastic, the RDX was good but felt heavy.

I really like the ronix one but it just didn't feel the same way as the S4. My hope is maybe the Rhyme or Remedy is what I am looking for. Something fast, light, poppy, can be loose and playful but on firm on rail when wanted. I am don't have a deep bag of tricks. Some grabs, 180's, a couple inverts, and will be riding behind a 2002 21LSV. I don't need the super high end with the expensive cores but want something fun under feet.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-07-2021, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
Figured this is easier to ask in the 2022 Gear thread.

Just got a boat again and can't wait to ride come spring. I used to ride a Liquid Force S4 and it was my absolute favorite wakeboard, I wish I never got rid of it. For anyone familiar with that board, what is the closest thing to it today?

I have ridden the entire Hyperlight Line Up, the LF RDX, a few slingshots, and the Ronix one. I am not a fan of the hyperlight shapes, the One was absolutely fantastic, the RDX was good but felt heavy.

I really like the ronix one but it just didn't feel the same way as the S4. My hope is maybe the Rhyme or Remedy is what I am looking for. Something fast, light, poppy, can be loose and playful but on firm on rail when wanted. I am don't have a deep bag of tricks. Some grabs, 180's, a couple inverts, and will be riding behind a 2002 21LSV. I don't need the super high end with the expensive cores but want something fun under feet.
Definitely try the LF classic.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       11-08-2021, 5:32 AM Reply   
I didn't even think of that. I sold a bunch of those when I worked in a proshop. Never road one but figured it might have been more mellow.

It looks like they were dropped from this year's line. Maybe I can get last year's model.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-10-2021, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
I didn't even think of that. I sold a bunch of those when I worked in a proshop. Never road one but figured it might have been more mellow.

It looks like they were dropped from this year's line. Maybe I can get last year's model.
Dang! I hadn't realised. I was looking at upgrading my 2012 as it is getting a bit worn. I just did a massive trawl of all my local sites and stores and they're out. Now I have to figure out which board to try next!