Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
So this is the second time i find out about a 2 point cable in the michigan a month after it opens. Why is everyone so tight lipped? and is there a creditable website that has New cable parks in the making or even an acurat list of current cables big or small? all these cable sites are terrible with up to date information.

Also i heard a rumor that a 4 point cable is going in Waterford Michigan and the excuvating project has been awarded. Does anyone know if this is true?

I hope everyone's riding is going well this summer.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
I just found out about the park in midland. I thought placid was the only one. I believe the one in midland is called wake nation. I am not sure about a 4 pt in waterford but I live in clarkston so I assume I may have heard someting. As far as rumors an friend of a friend is trying to build one I think in milford called wake michigan cable park. I dont know him personally but I see that is his place of employment on fbook. I tried googling the name and didnt find anything. A waterford park would be SICK!
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-14-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
The 2 tower system in Midland is called Board Nation. Don't know if they have a website, but they are on FB and did get on alliancewake.com I beleive. Haven't been there myself cause it always seemed a little hokey when they used to just run sea doos with a couple obstacles, but with the cable and handful of new obstacles it is looking more legitimate.
Old     (BHSR)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-14-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
Board Nation is definitely legit. It is a really nice setup with an Endless Ride 2 tower cable system. They have several obstacles to keep it interesting. I believe they are a Hyperlite and Slingshot distributor. They also have rental equipment available. They have a facebook (BoardNation MI) and a website www.rideboardnation.com.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       07-19-2011, 7:45 PM Reply   
I have been to both parks and can say whatever your choice, you will have a great time!! Both Placid and Board Nation have a variety of obstacles to hit and will staff on hand to help improve your game. Placid is a big part of Wake Wars that just went down in Grand Rapids and have a good amount of events of their own. Look for the same from Board Nation. Either way you go you won't go wrong! Check them both out!!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
I been to board nation a few times. The owners there are pretty cool and there is a good vibe there.

www.rideboardnation.com OR boardnation.co
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-25-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
I am a huge fan of Board Nation. It's an ERC system (American made). The owner is super friendly and the layout is pretty legit. It was a very positive atmosphere and everyone was very supportive and helpful to riders of all ages and abilties. I was there twice about a month ago and they had in a foot high wooden rail, rooftop rail, funbox and 2 kickers. They have installed another feature since then too.

Watch out for the bluegill though... those f*ckers bite!
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-25-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Also... check out this website: http://wakescout.com

It's newer but looks pretty promising.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Anything new on any parks on the eastern side of the state. Oakland county would be perfect. Hell i'd even invest!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-24-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
it would be awesome if someone invested in a cable park in MI. then i would move back home!!
Old     (prion)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-24-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
I go to board nation once or twice a week. Its pretty legit. They have a double sided kicker, an 80ft flat bar, a roof top rail and an up to flat floater. The staff is awesome and its a really chill vibe. Anyone there will help you progress.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-25-2012, 5:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
it would be awesome if someone invested in a cable park in MI. then i would move back home!!
sorry, i meant in Oakland County. no disrespect to the cables in MI already!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-25-2012, 6:11 AM Reply   
Check out my new cable park helmet prob shouldnt make an appearance to a park north of OH lol

Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-29-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
Both parks are legit and you should check both of them out and if you like hitting rails come check out the rail.jam we are putting on action water sports of fenton. We have over $4000 in cash and prizes for the comp.and it only is $10 dollars to compete come check it out on Friday august 10th and the finals are under the lights. For more info you can call the store at 810 6291324 or go to Facebook and look up winch wars.