Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-31-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
i went last year and had a blast i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it this year?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-31-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
May 9

http://www.wakeboardmidwest.com/forumsthreaddefault.aspx?itemid=4985
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-01-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
MAY 9... At gene straton porter. Midwest Correct Craft out of angola is providing a 210 and 220 this year!!!!!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-01-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
BIG Show, you bringing that surf machine this year??
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-01-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
As long as I can get one other Columbus local to ride out there with me. I need a new email addy for you and Jeigh.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2009, 5:02 AM Reply   
zach.lear@yahoo.com
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Good Morning. It time for the 2009 ICE BREAKER “Crush the Ice For Life”. The Ice Breaker will be held Saturday May 9, at Gene Stratton-Porter. There will be give a-ways and games. We will have to brand new ski boats from Midwest Correct Craft and there will be pontoons for spectators to view the action and the lake. This event is for riders of all levels from beginner to advanced. We will have coaches and riders on hand to provide instruction and advice. Please come out and help us CRUSH THE ICE FOR LIFE.

The Ice Breaker started out in 2006 as a way to not only kick off the wakeboarding season in Indiana, but also provide a way for riders to meet new people who shared a love in the sport. The event took place on a frigid rainy day in late April. It was thought that nobody would even look at the water; however, after five boats were filled up with wakeboarders we realized that we were wrong. Even with the adverse conditions, more than fifty people of both riders and spectators took to the lake to make the best of the conditions. The event was a great success leading to scheduling the event the next year.
In 2007, the Ice Breaker would take on a whole new meaning. In March of that year, Jeigh Krupp’s mother, Della Krupp, passed away from cancer. Della was a school teacher for 25 years. She was a unique person who had a passion to touch the lives of every student in one way or another. Yet, this did not stop at her students; anybody who had the privilege to meet her could tell that she was a very special person. In the next few months to come Zach Lear’s grandmother, Lucille Viles, also passed away from cancer. Lucille was a very loving grandma, mother, and friend. Both of us believe in our hearts that the Ice Breaker is a way to keep their passion alive for years to come!

Though these losses were great to our families, we found a positive that we could take out of the situation. We contacted the American Cancer Society about possibly doing an event to raise money for cancer awareness. With our love of wakeboarding, and drive to do something special , I along with my partner Zach Lear, teamed up to turn the Ice Breaker into a Cancer benefit to "Crush the Ice for Life!

In the two years the Ice Breaker has occurred, we have raised over 4,000 dollars to benefit The American Cancer Society in their fight against the horrible disease. With the help of sponsors like Get Wet Surf 'N' Skate, Gator Boards, Slingshot, and R & S Boats, we have given away thousands of dollars in wakeboarding and water sports gear to the participants of the Ice Breaker. With the generosity of Adam Wensink and Midwest Correct Craft, NWL, and Andrew Shearer and Dry Dock, we have been able to have one hand the best wakeboard/wakesurf boats in the industry. Local businesses Dependable Metal, Stewart Brimner Peters, and Lear, Kendallville Iron and Metal, and Noble County Disposal were also very essential in the development and success of the Ice Breaker. It has been a great experience seeing the help of our local wakeboard industry and local make this event a success in the 2 past years. In 2009, we are looking to be even more successful!
Please come out and support us on May 9th, 2009 at Gene Stratton and Porter to Crush The Ice For Life!!!

Jeigh Krupp Email: Balr54@hotmail.com Phone: 260-668-0980
Zach Lear Email: zach.lear@yahoo.com Phone: 260-343-1953
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       04-20-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2168
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Is anyone going from the Indy area? This is a great event!
Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
my sister is graduating from iu that day but i am going to try and get up there and i am in fishers
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       05-06-2009, 5:53 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-06-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!