Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-15-2014, 8:54 PM Reply   
Maybe both of you should get off of wakeworld and let the manufacturer examine the boat and try to resolve the issue. Hard for them to do anything when Brandon won't let them see what the actual issue is. If this is really as bad as you say it is then I'm sure they will make it right. Both of you have handled this the wrong way by coming on a public forum with something that should be handled in private channels. I know I for sure wouldn't be on a website telling random strangers how much I paid for my boat and how much my payment is.

Get off the internet and contact the president like he is trying to get you to do. If you seriously think posting a video on freaking WW will fix your problems then it's obvious that both of you are just here for attention. And Curtis, nobody cares if you like the axis wake better than the supra. If you really want to help your friend you should shut up and help him work with his dealer and SC to get this resolved.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2014, 9:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoShack View Post
I agree some what. But when they tell you it's going to take 5-6 months that really turns into a full year of use. And at $700 a month your talking two years of payment on a boat that you haven't been able to use.

From my second hand opinion, if feels like SC has handed him off as the dealers problem.
He paid close to $80k for a brand new boat that he and all his wakeboard friends don't feel save or want to ride on or behind.

His last Supra almost had a waiting list to get on to ride, and now with this boat no one wants to be on it.
This just doesn't add up. Literally.

Brandon puts in Post #110 that it's a $100,000 boat. You say "close to $80k."

Brandon states he has had the boat for 7 months, might be out 6 more having it repaired. I can leave my shoes on and figure out that's 13 months which equals 1 year and 1 month. You're somehow coming to 2 years of making that $700/month payments.

How in the heck do you feel that they have "handed him off as the dealers problem" when he has Rick's email addy & cell number?
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-15-2014, 9:54 PM Reply   
I want to personally thank everyone that has supported my posting on this thread first off. What is the confusion here? What do the people not understand bashing me and my cause? I have been nothing but kind, generous, fair and loving for 7 months. I originally posted remember because NOTHING was done for 6 months about a product valued more than many people pay for there homes that has been defective, faulty, dangerous, unsafe, life treating to me my family and my friends that a dealer and supra kept telling me to use and put my fn family at risk of dying. I screamed and yelled and got no where. I posted a story on these forums as a last resort and Rick chimed in and called me personally. He said he would do anything to resolve the problem and when I talked to him 2 days later he said that the dealer is taking over from here and has NOT called me back! Yes I have a message from a person from supra asking me what I was going to do1 let them fix my boat by replacing the hull and then having a boat devalued. 2 buy another boat for 10000 dollars more which I am in no position to do financially. NO other options have been giving to me by Rick, the other person from supra, or the dealer. They have no 22v on there lot and it was not an option. I only posted on this thread to get something done because NOTHING WAS AND IS GOING ANYWHERE! I have not bashed ruined or even lied about any of the facts. get a lawyer and take on supra!? I don't want to start a legal battle because my 6 month ordeal and 13 month ordeal if I get the hull replaced will turn into a 3 year ordeal. Maybe an option? I would love supra to step up and say hey buddy we are sorry for your troubles and let us do this instead but that has not happend. I have been passed off and pushed to the side in my opinion supra is not wanting to take any blame. The boat has been deemed faulty and not right by the measurements and inspection of a dealer. Supra wants the boat back bad and they said it is faulty. Why? Don't care personally. But it has. No compensation of my 700 dollars or my down payment or reimbursement of any kind during the repair. Nothing, just hey we want to sell you a new boat or let us tear appart your brand new one and let the value drop. Yes people there are devalues of things of that nature because I have been and still am in the automotive repair industry for 22 years as an automotive painter. I know the process and what it takes to repair things. Trust me the car I just restored won best of show at autorama in Houston this year. So once again, I am not put of line for telling the truth about my story about supra. It has been ongoing and frustrating trust me the wife is sick of it lol. Who is going to step up here? Who is going to say hey we are sorry for these issues!? Remember I had to do all the leg work here to get this far and really appreciate all the support. And to all the people saying negative things towards Curtis or me I'm sorry. Don't hate the small guy and remember that Curtis agood friend has been along my side through this from day 1. **** my boat I traded in is still at the dealership maybe they should give me that back along with my payments and let me walk. I wish but never an option. **** cash me out buy me out let me move on I don't know. So to everyone in Texas close to college station and wants to go for a ride in my boat. Please chime in and I will buy the drinks and we can take some videos for all I care if you think it would resolve this nitemare! This weekend good for anyone!?!?! Once again to the respect of supra and Rick I have not bashed slammed or ruined there name but only voiced a truth about my nightmare because nothing has gotten done to yes me the buyer satisfaction because those 2 options are not acceptable thank you. Any other questions?
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-15-2014, 9:57 PM Reply   
The boat was bought at the first week of August last year. It is now march.whenever I give them the boat it can take up to 6 months to fix. My payment is 700. I have had a broke boat since purchase and will have to make a payment while getting fixed. Sorry for the misunderstanding but do the math
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-15-2014, 10:49 PM Reply   
Video this death trap already
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-16-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
I'll take miller lite Brandon. Lol
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-16-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
Sink it and get the insurance money. Namsayin hashtagYOLO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyfoot60 View Post
I want to personally thank everyone that has supported my posting on this thread first off. What is the confusion here? What do the people not understand bashing me and my cause? I have been nothing but kind, generous, fair and loving for 7 months. I originally posted remember because NOTHING was done for 6 months about a product valued more than many people pay for there homes that has been defective, faulty, dangerous, unsafe, life treating to me my family and my friends that a dealer and supra kept telling me to use and put my fn family at risk of dying. I screamed and yelled and got no where. I posted a story on these forums as a last resort and Rick chimed in and called me personally. He said he would do anything to resolve the problem and when I talked to him 2 days later he said that the dealer is taking over from here and has NOT called me back! Yes I have a message from a person from supra asking me what I was going to do1 let them fix my boat by replacing the hull and then having a boat devalued. 2 buy another boat for 10000 dollars more which I am in no position to do financially. NO other options have been giving to me by Rick, the other person from supra, or the dealer. They have no 22v on there lot and it was not an option. I only posted on this thread to get something done because NOTHING WAS AND IS GOING ANYWHERE! I have not bashed ruined or even lied about any of the facts. get a lawyer and take on supra!? I don't want to start a legal battle because my 6 month ordeal and 13 month ordeal if I get the hull replaced will turn into a 3 year ordeal. Maybe an option? I would love supra to step up and say hey buddy we are sorry for your troubles and let us do this instead but that has not happend. I have been passed off and pushed to the side in my opinion supra is not wanting to take any blame. The boat has been deemed faulty and not right by the measurements and inspection of a dealer. Supra wants the boat back bad and they said it is faulty. Why? Don't care personally. But it has. No compensation of my 700 dollars or my down payment or reimbursement of any kind during the repair. Nothing, just hey we want to sell you a new boat or let us tear appart your brand new one and let the value drop. Yes people there are devalues of things of that nature because I have been and still am in the automotive repair industry for 22 years as an automotive painter. I know the process and what it takes to repair things. Trust me the car I just restored won best of show at autorama in Houston this year. So once again, I am not put of line for telling the truth about my story about supra. It has been ongoing and frustrating trust me the wife is sick of it lol. Who is going to step up here? Who is going to say hey we are sorry for these issues!? Remember I had to do all the leg work here to get this far and really appreciate all the support. And to all the people saying negative things towards Curtis or me I'm sorry. Don't hate the small guy and remember that Curtis agood friend has been along my side through this from day 1. **** my boat I traded in is still at the dealership maybe they should give me that back along with my payments and let me walk. I wish but never an option. **** cash me out buy me out let me move on I don't know. So to everyone in Texas close to college station and wants to go for a ride in my boat. Please chime in and I will buy the drinks and we can take some videos for all I care if you think it would resolve this nitemare! This weekend good for anyone!?!?! Once again to the respect of supra and Rick I have not bashed slammed or ruined there name but only voiced a truth about my nightmare because nothing has gotten done to yes me the buyer satisfaction because those 2 options are not acceptable thank you. Any other questions?
Hey Brandon, guess what? I just looked up which Supra dealers are close to College Station and you know what I found? I found that they do actually have 22Vs in stock so I fail to see why you think that isn't an option? Maybe because it hurts your narrative?
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Also, maybe if you actually called Rick or emailed him instead of posting a novel on a public forum then you might find that you can get this resolved. Looking for attention on wakeworld from total strangers is never going to fix your problem. So shut up, call back the guy from supra that left you a message, and get this resolved. And if you think posting a video of this is going to help you in anyway besides to get attention on a message board then you are sadly mistaken. Just my .02
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
Hey rusty the boat dealer you looked at called me and told me to come pick up my boat and that they don't want any involvement!!!!! The other one you should look at DOES NOT HAVE ANY!!!!! The one I bought the boat from!!!! Not only that it was not an offer given to me!!!!! What is your purpose of that post? You think I'm lying? Good try and good luck!?!? I'm not
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 8:47 AM Reply   
And why should I have to make the calls to Rick or anyone else? The call I got was not to resolve this issue it was to see wich option I was going to take. Not interested in those options. I have LOTS of emails that you should read trying to resolve this issue with sc and have been more that fair. By the looks of it you are in the minority about this issue not being fair. IMO I have had people ask me that you must be good friends with Rick. Is that the case? Take a shot at me and I will replie yes
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Rick said he is out of it anyway and that the dealer is taking over what is not to understand
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
I have never met Rick and don't know him from Adam. This isn't some conspiracy dude. So you don't like any of the options they have given to you, but you're not going to contact him even though he said to specifically in this thread earlier? Sounds like you just want to complain to me instead of working to find a solution. In my opinion, you've handled this the completely wrong way by posting all of this on a public forum. Especially all of your financial information...
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-16-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Just so we have a basic idea of the situation here. You have a defective boat and no one is questioning that. So, there is agreement there. Remedy is what is left to hash out

Supra has offered to either A) repair the boat or B) allow you to use your other as credit towards a different boat.

Owner doesn't like the concept of tearing apart his new boat to repair the defect (can't fault him for not liking that) and would like a different boat or to have his money refunded.

I have a hard time believing that he's going to get a higher model boat with no out of pocket expense. That being said, he may deserve something for the downtime once the thing hits the shop.

I know anymore lots of companies offer hull warranties. How do those work?
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 9:05 AM Reply   
If anyone is tired of this and wants it to stop then why the continued looking? Because its the small guy going against the big business. Standing up for what's right and going against something wrong! IMO people are interested and do care about how this turns out. People want to know how sc will handle themselves. People are watching and do care about the small guy because most of us are. I guess I can start on the supra forums next I am a member there. Hey it's facts of a story and all the facts are true. I have not said supra did a bad thing all I said is what sc has done and not done is that a problem? I dont think so...... Remember 6 months and still nothing done. This is a last resort sorry
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-16-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Brandon, please forgive me if this is an ignorant question. Did you test drive the boat before buying it? If so did the boat not lay over during the test?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-16-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
The "options" do really blow.
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
No they tested the boat before I came to pick it up. When I got there the man said you have 10 minutes.... I said excuse me? He said yes I'm sorry you have 10 minutes to listen how to use the boat because I have to go pick up my wife from the airport. Curtis was there and here'd it as witness. I took it as they would be honest with me and it's a new boat with a warennty. Hell if you fill up the rear bags only and not center or bow bag it does not do it and might have not noticed it with out turning sharp. My question is this if I buy a new product and don't find everything out before purchase does that mean the company is not liable for further problems? I will not be dishonest. No I did not test drive but the boat I traded in was a 2005 21v launch and just assumed it would be of the same quality and build. Not only that assumed any further problems would be under warennty.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
I am not sure I would call Skier's Choice a big business.

I don't have time to look back at the posts but who was it again that determined the hull was defective and had 3' voids? Old dealer(where you bought the boat from), new dealer or Skier's Choice? I thought I saw something that said Skier's Choice hasn't acknowledged the defects and wants the boat back so they can look at.

I still don't get how 3' voids(voids as described by the video on the first page) could cause the things you are talking about if the gelcoat is still all in tact.

I think something everybody needs to realize is that as of right now we have one side's story. Rick or no other rep of SC has said there was a defect besides a dealer. SC can't really explain their side in all this and hasn't.

I don't like the argument of making the payments. Guess what, they are payments you are making to pay down the balance owed on the boat. It isn't like you are renting it so every penny is lost.

From the one sided story and minimal facts we have confirmed I would say you need to send the boat back to SC. They will either determine there is a defect and offer you an alternative or tell you there is nothing wrong and ship you the boat back. If it is determined there is a defect and it is going to take 6 months(seems really long. I would expect some delay as they don't make the 22v anymore so they would have to get the mold ready and prepped as well as the time it would take to pull the deck mold apart from the hull mold/stringers) I would expect SC to step up to the plate and offer a factory sponsored demo boat till you get yours back. I don't really think that it is like they are just patching the bottom half of the hull. I would expect that if the hull is defective like stated than they would create an entirely new below the rubrail mold and reassemble the boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
By the way, I am not trying to call you a liar. I just think you need to either take the great deal they offered you on the trade-up to a SA or you need to make arrangements to send the boat back to the factory ASAP. Then you can truly find out what is wrong and what the next steps are.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-16-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
Is this guy related to da moose?

Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
Why can't sc step up like mc did over a touch screen?! I'm blown away just as much as anyone else. Remember I just started a story and then stopped a month ago and only started posting facts after nothing was done IMO I Keeped quit and was silent while everyone was blowing the forums up as I watched and did not defend myself. Only recently started the whole story when nothing was going anywhere. And no im not done, I have lots more that could defend myself with calls emails and witnesses. I am only not airing the negative things out as respect to others and don't want to use it all up. But yes there is lots more for the people who are being negative. Rick said this only happens so very seldome and not very often. What happened to those people? Gag order? Confidential agreement? Happy with what they got? I'm not. Rick personally opolgised to me over the phone and said he would take care of the problem and 2 days later when I called everything was different. I wonder what was looked at over those 2 days? Legalitys? I think it was put under a microscope and a decision was made by sc and this was there only offer so far.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-16-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
Please keep the forum posted on this issue.
I suspect Rusty is either addicted to the SC cool aid or perhaps has skin in the game either employed in someway by them or some dealer but his tone on his topic does smell.

And it doesn't surprise me that MC stepped up and bought a boat back or 2 with those early messed up medallion systems. Good for them! And I have to believe correct craft has probably done similar things. It's time for Rick to step up and make this right. I like the new SAs and my Nauti dealer also carries them but I'll tell you hearing stuff like this would not sway me to spend $80-$100k on one with a factory not willing to do what's right.

It's absolutely not acceptable for the factory to expect this guy to send a brand new boat back to factory and be without for 6 months. Either find a identical new 22v to give him or pony up and buy this hunk back! Go above and behind and give him a SA.
One other option that I've heard of a company doing and is the minimum is take this boat back and give him a identical or better loaner while this one is off at the factory getting the new hull.

Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
They told me what is wrong with the boat. It is defective. If I let them fix the boat then I'm stuck with a boat that has been repaired and the, saying see we fixed it. We did our job. Do you have any idea how much money I have spent?! Do you know my down payment? Do you know what I lost giving my other boat as trade? Cash and trade! Boat storage! Service fees oil change. Driving it to and from dealer 4 times. Fuel in the boat! Insurance payments, and to top it off my stereo STILL does not work correctly( tower speaker and head unit issue) after replacing the amps and speakers it is now the head unit. That was brought to there attention as well and not fixed. So no I am not happy yes I am a dissatisfied customer.
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Ron
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
Again, who said it was defective? The old dealer who is no longer an SC dealer, the new dealer or SC themselves?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-16-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
U know bashing the boat owner simply because he feels this his last resort is rediculous! He comes here for support and people want to just straight bash him for it. I for one would be interested in seeing the video. If supra won't make right then that would absolutely keep me from serious consideration of their product which to be honest I liked a lot but this situation does put doubts in my mind Considering them when I will b a future buyer again. My buddy had a similar experience in service according to him with tige and dealt with several higher ups at tige and never got satisfactory resolution to numerous problems he had. It seems rick says a few things to save face on this thread but if Brandon is being honest then that would be simply smoke and mirrors. Still waiting to see the outcome. I've got another option. Supra should let him get the 10k more boat and finance him themselves for the 10k at a low apr
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Rick along with sc told the dealer that I did not purchase the boat from to go out and take mesaurments. They did. The owner of the dealer called me and gave me the WHOLE insite of the problem. He told me of the conversation the issue and what sc said. Is he lying? Dont think so when Rick called me and told me the issue with the hull as well. We know there is a defect! It has been told to me by the owner of the dealership wich I'm friends with by the way along with lots of other stuff. He said Brandon I'm not interested in taking this boat on trade or I will not sell you a new one at what sc said. These are MY boats. So come get your boat and immout of this issue! Wow sounds like he knew what was coming to me. Sounds like sc tried to make him do something he thoughtnwas wrong. Sounds like he wanted out of it and guess what.... He bowed out and said I'm done.'lol!!!! Now I'm dealing with the origanal dealer I bought it from. But they own the boat I was going to buy the sa and guess what. The sales manager said sc and Rick are giving very minimal money to him to make the trade something like only new boat incentives and previous owner money and that's all!!! That's what he said so once again. Sc has not stepped up and took care of me they only are trying to tell dealers what to do with the boats they own and are telling sc ha that's my boat I own. Sc and the dealers are both trying to not take blame while they look at each other waiting. While I'm setting here waiting as well
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 10:16 AM Reply   
I agree mike! Thanks. **** offer something! Anything! I'm not happy with the offers. Why not try to make the customer happy?! I thought I was the customer. Man I the origanal lady I dealt with from the boat show said all kinds of things like omg we will fix this we will make this right and have not here'd from her since a week after the boat show. Just blown away how I've been passed off from the dealer 2 to the boat show lady from John who I emailed lots of times to Rick backing out to the dealer saying hey want to purchase a new one!?!? Lol
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-16-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
Why isn't the boat sitting in Tennessee right now?

Like you said, you bought a new boat with warranty and expected that it would cover you if there were any issues. Unfortunately, you had issues ... but now you are refusing to let the manufacturer do the warranty work?

A level head usually prevails in these situations. It has gotten too dramatic. Ex: "been defective, faulty, dangerous, unsafe, life treating to me my family and my friends that a dealer and supra kept telling me to use and put my fn family at risk of dying"

If you and your family felt there was a risk of dying ... Why on earth would you get back in the boat? If my board racks touched the water, my wife would never go near the boat again. Why wasn't it sent to Supra for warranty work the first time it happened?

Last edited by Supra24; 03-16-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: ...
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-16-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
Could it just be operator error?
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
I mean really. Do you think I have not put the pen to paper? Lol I may be a car painter but not an idiot. If you add up what I have spent, everything, from down payment to boat trade to extra board racks to bow bag to extra stereo to insurance storage gas in truck to boat to driving to dealer to payments to me being the only one who will drive the boat to no one wanting to get on it or ride behind it. And guess what I can't drive and ride at same time. To my wife won't step foot on it. Omg low and behold is more than 10,000 dollars!!!!!! So YES THEY SHOULD GIVE ME AN sa 350 demo with 60 hours that has a color I don't even like!!! My boat has freaking less than 40 hours!!!!! I'm not paying a dime more I'm not spending any more money. I have been spending money on all those thigs I said earlier and won't spend 10000 dollars! That will fix it just spend more money.... Maybe you maybe you with deep pockets and spending someone else's money but not me.
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
I can't make the dealer do anything! They refused to lake test it because quote they won't pay for lake testing in warennty and the said it is normal to cavitation.
Once I took matters into my own hands then things started moving and then stopped. I have not been using the boat I have not been driving the boat and do not even want to take it out anymore but sounds like I might need some video footage. The boat once again is not in tn because I don't want a hacked up boat. Why don't you buy it? **** the dealer told me he does not even want it! Yes that's what I said
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Please keep the forum posted on this issue.
I suspect Rusty is either addicted to the SC cool aid or perhaps has skin in the game either employed in someway by them or some dealer but his tone on his topic does smell.

And it doesn't surprise me that MC stepped up and bought a boat back or 2 with those early messed up medallion systems. Good for them! And I have to believe correct craft has probably done similar things. It's time for Rick to step up and make this right. I like the new SAs and my Nauti dealer also carries them but I'll tell you hearing stuff like this would not sway me to spend $80-$100k on one with a factory not willing to do what's right.

It's absolutely not acceptable for the factory to expect this guy to send a brand new boat back to factory and be without for 6 months. Either find a identical new 22v to give him or pony up and buy this hunk back! Go above and behind and give him a SA.
One other option that I've heard of a company doing and is the minimum is take this boat back and give him a identical or better loaner while this one is off at the factory getting the new hull.

Lol yeah man, I totally have skin in the game just because I don't agree with how Brandon has handled this. If you'll look back, I am far from the only one.
Old     (Dizzyfoot60)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-16-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
When the center bag along with the rear bags it falls on side. When center bad is filled only it really falls on side. When rear bags are filled only it is not as bad. So I have a boat that kind of won't hurt anyone if I only fill up rear. So what is the center and bow bag for? Look at and tell people I can fill it up if you sign a waver lol. No one wants to get on it no one wants to ride behind it. When big guys edge out the fn boat leans and starts turning. So when you ask why I took it out I did with Curtis over and over and over to try to figure out the problem because the dealer would not. It's been in storage not in the water being enjoied by anyone. Yea I'm upset. I have the product that's defective as evidence so in case I have to document and video I can.... Really? Dealer told me you better come and grab it bro... So no I won't give them my boat that me and the bank own who needs to get involved until a resolution is meet. Otherwise I don't have any evidence think about it....
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-16-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
As I originally said ... level head. Your ability to stay on point and put forward your requests in a readable and reasonable format will greatly help your cause.

What do any of those extra costs have to do with getting the boat repaired? SC should "give" you $10,000 for your down payment (recouped by you once you sell), board racks, ballast, stereo, insurance, fuel, etc?

"I'm not paying a dime more I'm not spending any more money." .... Then why isn't the boat on the back of a truck bound for Tennessee? That option was offered, right? You can't blame them this summer when you don't have boat due to your lack of cooperation in getting the boat to them for repairs.

Have you asked them to pay the interest on your loan while they have the boat? That and time seems to be the actual cost you are out, right?

If I'm SC, I want to see the boat no matter which option you choose. Get the boat to the manufacturer!

Post up what you will take for the boat. Is the warranty transferable?

Last edited by Supra24; 03-16-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: ...
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-16-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
What people need to realize is that he did handle it the right way for six months plus. Put ur self in his shoes if u felt u were getting runaround and no support and nobody wanted to help then what would u do? How would u handle it? I dont think Brandon had any other choices than a lawyer and lawsuit. My question is still why did tinker just now learn and get involved from the posts in this thread. Just doesn't make sense
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
So basically you want a boat that is worth 25k more for free. Sounds reasonable. In case it didnt come through in the text this was sarcism.
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-16-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
Mike, I agree the situation is unfortunate and I'd be frustrated. Sounds like the dealer has a lot to do with it and neither the OP or the dealer has the finances to resolve the situation the way the OP would like it to be handled. I think Rick mentioned SC was offering to financially back the dealer to make the SA swap?

I can't figure out why it wasn't at the manufacturer back in the fall. Dealer run-around I guess?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-16-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
Pictures and Video. We really like them on Wake World.
We love to take your word for it, but video and pictures say so much more then words. SHOW US PLEASE.

Others on this website own Supra's maybe you are not the only one. Food for thought.......or really we just want to see it.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-16-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
If I were this dude, I would have already had an attorney OR
would have had the boat repaired as SC opted for and had a credit given for my payments in the downtime.
I do see where he's pissed about the loss of value due to repairs and problems the boat has/had

My Audi got slammed a few years ago when it was parked. Car was mangled, and the insurance wanted to fix it rather than total it
That car would have been a salvage title and worthless. I would have taken a bath on value of the vehicle, had it been repaired. And the accident was no fault of mine. Sounds kinda like a ****ty deal.
I fought the insurance tooth and nail.
Ideally I think he should be given the same vessel of equal value and be swapped out. Because he's going to take a beating value wise on this boat, but that's not exactly how warranties work.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 03-16-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-16-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
Also, I may have missed it in an earlier post ... What was your suggestion for a remedy? What would it take for you to walk away feeling like SC handled the situation correctly?

I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than owning an 06 24ssv. Just trying to wrap my head around the situation.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
I guess I just don't get why Brandon is not on the phone with Rick T......... Rick has gotten on here twice and asked to talk to you and you are not reaching out....Am I the only one that does not get it? I guess things will never get worked out at your pace.
Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-16-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why can't sc step up like mc did over a touch screen?! I'm blown away just as much as anyone else. Remember I just started a story and then stopped a month ago and only started posting facts after nothing was done IMO I Keeped quit and was silent while everyone was blowing the forums up as I watched and did not defend myself. Only recently started the whole story when nothing was going anywhere. And no im not done, I have lots more that could defend myself with calls emails and witnesses. I am only not airing the negative things out as respect to others and don't want to use it all up. But yes there is lots more for the people who are being negative. Rick said this only happens so very seldome and not very often. What happened to those people? Gag order? Confidential agreement? Happy with what they got? I'm not. Rick personally opolgised to me over the phone and said he would take care of the problem and 2 days later when I called everything was different. I wonder what was looked at over those 2 days? Legalitys? I think it was put under a microscope and a decision was made by sc and this was there only offer so far.
Brandon i just want to put in my 2 cents. I am sure that should you let SC actually physically see the boat they might make things right. As for MC stepping up to the plate, they were very aware of the actual problem first hand not via here say. They decided to give different options to customers via their dealers. Dealers play a major part in the resolution of problems and unfortunately you have bought a boat from a horrible dealer. I know you dont want your boat cut up to be repaired but why not have that happen now instead of in 2 months when you finally come to grips on how you are actually going to get things done. Get it to SC let them see the boat first hand, and if its actually putting peoples lives at risk from hour 1 on then i am sure you will be compensated accordingly. But to come on here and say that your family was at risk of dying everytime you went on the water is pretty hasty. Hell if it was that dangerous i would be that pissed also but by no means i would put 40 hours on a boat unsafe for anyone. I wouldn't have used it enough to have to do oil changes and servicing like you have said you did. This kind of reminds me of a commercial where a guy is with customer service about how he didnt enjoy the pizza and wanted his money back from the guarantee but yet he eat 3/4 of the pizza.

Call Rick, and work a deal out that if you send the boat back to SC for repair that you feel you should have a boat as a loaner while you don't have yours. I mean in all fairness to have a loaner during a major repair like that is only fitting especially while you are paying for it. Send the boat to SC and don't keep the boat in storage like you are saying as you are just loosing more time and prolonging the inevitable, save your self some more headache and tell SC to come pick up the damn boat. I personally met Rick a few years ago at the boat show and he is a very good guy, but he is also a business man, if you approach him with a real plan of action i am sure he will work something out with you, especially if they will get to see the boat.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-16-2014, 12:34 PM Reply   
I second what supra24 asked Brandon. Just to help others understand what would be a couple of scenarios that u could live with if supra would step up to the plate and try to make it right. Let your preference be known and maybe bottom line what u would settle for and u could live with to resolve it?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 12:47 PM Reply   
We know one of his options already. The dealer gives him a demo 2013 SA as a straight swap with his 22V. The problem is that would be giving him a 100k boat while he gives up a high 70k boat(if the boat had a fine hull). I think one of the problems that comes into play is the dealer thing. If he bought the boat from a different dealer than that dealer pocketed the profit. This new dealer would be in the hole huge unless the factory buys the 22V back from them or the factory issues them compensation for taking it back. This compensation could come in many ways but regardless this dealer can't make the trade if it means they are out 20k themselves. That is unfair to the dealer who didn't make the original sale in the first place.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
I also don't get why a new 22V can't be an option. Sure this particular dealer he is now dealing with doesn't have any. There has to be dealers somewhere in the country that have leftover 22V's that they are paying flooring on and would love to get rid of. If Brandon would take another 22V as a straight swap I see no reason why this couldn't take place.

40 hours? That is a lot of hours on a boat that you determined had a bad hull from the get go.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-16-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
I can tell you that if I was in this situation I'd ask for a replacement boat that is the same model as what I bought and for skiers choice to buy this boat back ASAP and actually add more options to the replacement boat in and amount equal to the payments that have been made while the boat was not in satisfactory condition. What you need to understand here is that the dealer is looking at this like it's skiers choice's problem because it manufactured a defective boat. The dealer made it's small markup profit and doesn't want to have to give that back because the defect was not its fault. Skiers choice wants the dealer to handle it because it takes time to produce a replacement boat, and if this model is no longer made, that greatly compounds the deal, as skiers choice would have to buy a boat back from another dealer who may want something in exchange for losing a boat in inventory at peak buying season. Also, skiers choice probably has a relatively strong dealer agreement which may have some sort of provision that requires the dealer to run point on warranty or something. Anyway, the way I see it, skiers choice needs to build a replacement or find a dealer with a 22ssv that is decent colors, buy it back from the dealer, take the op's boat back, and either put some options on the boat to offset what this owner has lost in payments while the boat was defective or cut him a check. While it has been suggested that Brandon be given a loaner and his boat repaired, that's probably not feasible for numerous liability, insurance and procurement reasons.

Sure skiers choice has apparently offered Brandon a demo sc that has some hours on it and I believe the op said is not the colors he wants, but, again, why should the op be boxed in? I personally would not take a demo or pro boat. Those things get absolutely trashed. Notably, under a typical lemon law case the owner would usually have the option of an msrp exchange or get his purchase price plus interest paid back less a very minor offset for mileage put on the vehicle between the date he took possession and the manifestation of the defect or the date that the dealer was first made aware of the defect. Under the lemon law Brandon would usually get his attorneys fees as well. I know he sounds nervous about hiring an attorney, but many would take this case pursuant to an agreement that his or her fees would be paid by the defendant or not at all - in other words, with no risk to Brandon of footing a bill to fight the dealer or manufacturer.

What is missing here is a true "option 1" or "option 2" which would entail skiers choice finding the op a 22ssv and swapping him out, or buying the defective boat back and offering money to offset interest less a small charge for the hours put on the boat (if any) before the defect was found or reported. I can tell you (assuming the boat is defective and the op has not done anything wrong - some or all of which Rick may already have agreed to based on his prior posts) if this was my boat, I'd be very very unhappy right now and would seriously consider getting an attorney involved.

Like what was said earlier, it's not like Brandon came on here immediately. Sounds like his issues have been going on for months and months with no resolution. He's here now, hat I hand, telling his story - not in a thread he started dedicated to slamming skier's choice, but in response to a thread started by someone else, who asked why he should buy a supra. Well if Brandon's problems are not responsive, I don't know what is. No one likes to hear about situations like this...especially supra owners who want the demand for the boats they love to stay high and who hope that there is something more to this story so they wont have to worry about getting hung out to dry too on a warranty claim. I certainly hope things get worked out ASAP, because summer is about to start and Brandon spent a lot of money on a boat that does not work as it should. Also, if skiers choice steps up, I'll have a higher regard for that company.

I also want to see the video, because I feel that it would lend a lot of credibility to Brandon's complaints. If I was skier's choice, I'd never want such a video to surface, because once something like that hits, it's going to be talked about and reposted a bunch of times. We've all seen that video of the guy shaking that power tower at a boatshow and thought hmmmmm when the rear of that mc flexed like freaking craze. It certainly added fuel to the fire of hate that existed for the overpriced power tower.

Regardless, I've got my popcorn ready. Brandon, I feel for you, but I'd call Rick every single day until I got a satisfactory resolution, and I'd make sure I investigated my rights. I've always heard that Skiers choice was a stand up company, so I sincerely hope things work out in a timely and fair fashion.

Lastly, I'd like to say that, if there is more to this story, and the boat is not defective, I want to know. My comments are, again, based upon the assumption that Brandon's comments are factual.

Last edited by chattwake; 03-16-2014 at 1:12 PM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-16-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
Brett, you obviously missed the part about skiers choice wanting Brandon to pay another 10k out of pocket for a demo sc350 that is not built/optioned in a manner that is satisfactory to Brandon.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2014, 1:25 PM Reply   
No, I didn't at all. Someone asked what were his requests may be. He said it earlier that one of his request is to get a demo SA as a straight across swap. I don't feel like looking up his post again but it sounds like he wants other things in addition to this.

In my opinion this isn't a realistic request.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
Has SC not offered a replacement 22V?
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
And why should I have to make the calls to Rick or anyone else?
Damn it, I stop reading this post after this comment... I can understand your frustration, but please stop crying and act like a man.
Call Rick and solve this issue!

Rick, I'm not a SC person (always had Nautiques and MC's), but your involvement in these kind of forums shows some real steel b@lls. I would really consider a SC product next time purchasing a new boat.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-16-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
Why does rickt still need to examine it?
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
Why does rickt still need to examine it?
Probably because as a manufacturer they want to know what happened and verify that there is a problem to begin with. Once they do that, they'll take the steps to resolve the problem. Hard for them to do anything without Brandon letting them see the boat to examine it.
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-16-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
^Agreed. I'm not sure why there is an option 2 before the manufacturer inspects the boat for themselves. Nor do I understand why there is a hold up in getting the boat to them, whether they "hack it up" or not.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-16-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
We were told it was inspected and determined defective
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-16-2014, 2:24 PM Reply   
Skiers choice knows its defective or they wouldn't have offered what they did so far
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-16-2014, 2:25 PM Reply   
Brandon, where u at? What would your options to resolution be? And if it was me I think chatt was correct in his statements, I would find an attorney that does free consultations that specializes in warranty and company litigation
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-16-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
He's lives in College Station TX. About 100 miles north of Houston. And 100 miles from Austin.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2014, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
We were told it was inspected and determined defective
By the guy that has offered up a resolution of a no-cost-to-him upgrade to a Supra SA. In his choice of color.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-16-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
Does anyone believe that SC or the dealer would have come up with any options if they weren't sure there was a defect? Hell I went through the ringer last year trying to get a company to replace some defective ballast bags cant imagine a battle over a defective boat. Good luck to the boat owner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited by LYNRDSKYNRD; 03-16-2014 at 2:54 PM.
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-16-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
Ok Brandon just picked me up. About to go make a video for all the haters.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 3:09 PM Reply   
Yeah that'll solve your problems...why not call Rick? Or is that too much work for yall?
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-16-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
Rusty, they don't seemed concerned with solving the problem.

Wear your life jackets!
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-16-2014, 3:14 PM Reply   
Y'all are the ones wanting the video.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
If strangers on a public forum told you to jump off a bridge, would you?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-16-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
Jesus finally a video or pics coming. I'd be very interest to see how hull voids cause this tipping problem. A video will be helpful to the people at supra in the least since they don't seem to want to send the boat back. Not that I can blame him.
They should be making him a new 22v to send after they receive his boat for examination, an upgrade to an SA for 10k seems a steal.
If you're c-class Mercedes is a lemon, Does that make you entitled to an S-class? No.

You guys don't know corner lean until you've driven a freighted x25!

Last edited by simplej; 03-16-2014 at 3:23 PM.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoShack View Post
Ok Brandon just picked me up. About to go make a video for all the haters.
Big mistake, IMO. You've gotten the attention of SC. I asked before, and will again, why do you care about WW haters? A video, while potentially entertaining and which may prove your point, won't move this matter ahead any faster. Better check the fine print of your warranty to understand what the mfg is REQUIRED to do in this situation.

If you're going to kick a bear, you better be ready to get bit.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-16-2014, 3:28 PM Reply   
LOL at people not wanting him to post a video. Seriously this thread has gone so far down hill as is and he's reluctant to contact skiers choice for whatever reason. A video will at least validate this stupid thread and the owners claims. Any and all damage has already been done.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-16-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
If this boat is so LIFE THREATENING, why are y'all risking your lives going out to make a video? Better yet, why does it have 40 hours on it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2014, 3:34 PM Reply   
Do I want to see a video? Of course. Who doesn't?
Reality the people you are calling haters are trying to give YOU advise to strengthen your position in getting this resolved with the best possible outcome for YOU, not Skiers Choice. Unfortunately, you are not listening. Yes I want to see it, but you are only hurting your own cause moving forward towards a resolution....
Just my opinion.... Might be wrong though
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-16-2014, 3:35 PM Reply   
Everyone knows the rules. Pics or it didn't happen.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
LOL at people not wanting him to post a video. Seriously this thread has gone so far down hill as is and he's reluctant to contact skiers choice for whatever reason. A video will at least validate this stupid thread and the owners claims. Any and all damage has already been done.
Better read the posts again. I'd like to see the video as I'm as curious as everyone else. I only offered some friendly advice.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-16-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
I would go ahead and make the video and send it to Rick first. Then if he doesn't send someone to pick the boat up to get this resolved i would post it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-16-2014, 3:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I would go ahead and make the video and send it to Rick first. Then if he doesn't send someone to pick the boat up to get this resolved i would post it.
This should have been the first step, but the nut has already been cracked open.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       03-16-2014, 3:48 PM Reply   
For the video please be descriptive about the amount of fuel in the tank and any other gear in the boat that would affect the weight and balance of the vessel. Run through the maneuver without ballast, and then with the rear bags full and then with the worst case center or bow bag full. Please also explain what the driver is doing to the controls of the boat to get it to the point that the "board racks are in the water". Please include the speed that the problem manifests itself and if there is any type of adjustable trim tab on the stern like the tige TAPS plate what setting was used for that plate and if the problem happens only turning one direction or both directions. And issues tracking at slow speed coming from/to the dock or trailer?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-16-2014, 4:05 PM Reply   
I don't think I'm the only one who will flip if (and I don't care how it's loaded), if this guy can make the board racks drag in the water. That's a one heck of a power turn!
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       03-16-2014, 4:13 PM Reply   
I don't see how laying a boat over on its side from a power turn is a defect, but he's also talking about excessive lean from riders pulling the boat over as well. I'm just really curious to see what's going on, so far the descriptions from the posts about the problem are pretty vague and hard to understand, except the board racks in the water, I understand what that's supposed to mean.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-16-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
Again, I don't think SC needs a video, if they didn't know it was a problem or defect no options would have been offered. You don't get an offer to fix something that isn't broken or defective. I also don't think it would matter if the boat was completely upside down in the video it wouldn't satisfy some of the critics/ fanboys on here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-16-2014, 4:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok01 View Post
I don't see how laying a boat over on its side from a power turn is a defect.

Wait......what??

Weather it be a ski tug, or a G25, I have never seen a DD or v drive lay over more than 20-25ish degrees in a sharp turn. Granted, we don't go out and power turn all day, but yes, I have tested the handling of my inboard boats from time to time....... The absolute biggest handling advantage of an inboard, is the fact that it DOESNT lay over like an I/O would. Am I missing something??