Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
I write this as the the first game of the season is halfway through, but I'm seeing bits and pieces as the DirecTV satellite goes in and out. Clear skies, no weather close, and according to twitter there are plenty of people around the nation experiencing the same thing. I have the NFL package, as my team is not local and with fantasy football the game mix channel is my dream. I never would think I'd consider dropping it, but with the satelitte going out the first game, and I basically have it for the NFL games, combined with customer service just hanging up on me, I'm going to look for other options.

What other options are there to watch out of network/non-local games similar to the Direct TV package? I've heard through PS3's and Xbox's, or any online subscription out there?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-04-2014, 8:57 PM Reply   
You could become a NFL analyst. They get to watch all the games for free.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-04-2014, 9:06 PM Reply   
It was a "Sunday Night" game. You could have watched it with rabbit ears.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2014, 9:55 PM Reply   
I only have DirecTv, or satellite for that matter, because of the NFL package so that I can watch any game no matter what. I'm looking for what other options there may be similar to the NFL package that offers the ability to watch all the games, not just nationally and regionally televised games. It seems that DirecTV is getting messed with due to negotiations with local markets/channels.
Old    bigdtx            09-05-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
I heard some guys talking about the DirecTv issue on the radio this morning. Somebody chimed in and said that only the HD feed was messed up so if you have a SD version of the same channel (which you should) you can try that if they have trouble again.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-06-2014, 1:57 AM Reply   
No other option besides Directv or going to the games in person. For out of market.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-07-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Red Zone (on Comcast where I live) gives live updates on all the games and is pretty cool but Direct TV pays big bucks to the NFL for the exclusivity of the broadcast. There isn’t a comparable single source alternative that I am aware of.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-07-2014, 4:37 PM Reply   
I've had the NFL package on direct tv for 5 years and had no problems..

My suggestion is got to setup and adjust your satellite alignment so all the transponders have a value of at least 90 or higher.... That will affect some channels while other channels are strong...good luck
Old     (Cactus371)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-08-2014, 6:03 PM Reply   
If u have a genie u may have to reset it thru the menu button. I get the searching for sat when skies r clear after resetting receiver everything goes to working.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2014, 6:28 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. It seems it may be part of contract negotiations here in Dallas, similar to other locations throughout the nation. It did it again a couple times last night during SNF, but never during the day on NFL ticket or regular TV.