Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-09-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Tis the season of cold water. I was wondering of anyone has tried neoprene socks with wakeboard bindings? More specifically, placing the sock inside the binding, and then sliding your foot in. I have LF Transit bindings, and think it may be possible to get my foot in the binding with the neoprene sock. Has anyone tried this and/or do you have any suggestions for keeping feet warm?
Thanks.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-09-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
I use thin neoprene socks with Nice RG1 bindings in the cold months with no problems.
I think if you have lace up or ratchet type bindings that are quite adjustable its fine, you might have problems with suction bindings
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-09-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
i was thinking along the same lines. im wearing a thick wet suit so its just my feet hands and head that get cold, mainly the feet. the neoprene sock idea is a good one. ill have to try it
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-09-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
I used to wear rubber booties when riding during the winter. Just don't use soap!
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
I'm anxious to hear if the new closed to bindings do anything for the sub 50 water. I'm thinking about getting the new Murray's. Anyone try closed toe bindings in cold water yet?
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Hey sp0tts - that was going to be my next move, if I can't find another alternative. Too much suffering of the feet in that cold water. I'm going to try the neoprene socks, though.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
glad I'm not the only one with that idea, just waiting for some feedback..
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-11-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
The hinge tech allowed me to get my size 13 foot with a sock on in the binding with no problem at all so i am assuming that you could put a neoprene sock in the hinge techs.

I hope the new murrays help because i just ordered them.