Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
I can say that I have actually wakeboarded in February now. Usually I just lock the boat down for the winter, and stick to snow sports. But those have been pretty lame lately. But since it was pretty warm this weekend we decided to pull out the boat.

Got a bit of a late start but was on the water at 2. Lake Anderson was totally smooth. Hung out till about 4:15 and then I got ready for a ride.

I am standing there and a bee hits my neck, falls onto my shoulder and crawls up my neck and stings me. ALL SUPER FAST!! I can feel the stinger still in there so I grab some of my super dull dikes out the tool box that I had already opened to get a kinfe for the limes. My friend plucked it out and I grabbed a Corona and started sanitizing the area!!! Worked like a charm, no residual effects except for the golf ball size bump no on my neck. j/k

Then the batteries died cause they were low, but we got a jump from a sales guy out on a job.

Overall great day, good weather, beer and riding!
IN FEBRUARY!!!!!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
Wow a bee in February, I got stung in the butt once driving down I-5....My wife was driving it was really hot the window was down and wam a bee hit my arm really hard. I knew it landed in the car but could'nt find it. Anyway I just sat back dwon and thought there was no way it could have survived the impact. 3 secons later....Ouch right on the cheek and man that stung.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
I had a bee land in my board shorts and sting my ace while I was driving.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
My friend also got stung by a bee yesterday. On the hand.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-13-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
I once had a bee sting me on the chin when I used to ride dirt bikes. Ba$%&@d came right into my helmet.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
It was weird though, the bees must have been drunk yesterday cause they were running into everyone!

I got hit by two previous, but the just fell into the lake. A couple hit the tower but we didn't worry to much, then BAM on the neck! DIKES, CORONA STAT!!!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Luke kinda off subject but mind me asking the dimensions of that battery box you made for your boat? Seeing how mine is almost gutted in the driveway thought I might make the modification. And anybody know whats under that huge hump under the driver side? Thanks Jeff
Old    low_key_wake            02-13-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
what a waste of corona!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-13-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Jarrod,
I recall a problem with ants at the spring ride last year.

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
There isnt much to that hump, just a hump and space for all of the vent tube/ wires to curve and run under. There is a whole lot of foam in there though.

The battery box snugly fits 4 optima blut tops in it, although I only have two currently. It kinda tucks under the passenger seat and extends forward I will see if I have any pics of it around. You will have to reposition the bilge wall between the old box and the bilge area. Its only 1/4 thick though.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-13-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
mark i had a friend get stung on his eyelid by a bee that got caught behind his goggles when we were riding one day.... scary sight there
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
hanks Luke I think theres some pics over @2001.com I could look up.....Jeff