Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-22-2011, 10:01 PM Reply   
Does anyone know where I can find the main differences between 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 xstars? Or can any of you tell me? I am considering getting one, but having a hard time knowing what is standard on them. I have a 2002 so I am familiar with those, but haven't kept up much with all the changes.

For example, what year did they start using the tower racks that spin? They don't use perfect pass anymore, right? I have a 2002 but I thought they have changed things since then. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-24-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
All the same boat with minor cosmetic changes. All XSTARs use Perfect Pass. They had an option on the X1s for a mastercraft cruise, but all of the XSTARs have PP. Interior layout is the same, hull is the same, gauges faces are different colors, a few changes in the ballast impellers and that's about it. From there the only differences would be the options the boats have on them (Motor, heater, platform, bimini, tower accessories etc.)

I have an 09 for sale if you interested.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-24-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
Gauges were changed to the digital display in '08. Some different motor options out there. I highly recomend the 6.0 (LY6). Stay away from the caddy motor and the 8.1. Swivel racks were standard '05- (could be wrong on that one... all of our boats were later than that).

We also have a '08 for sale with 280 hours and all the goods if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2011, 1:15 PM Reply   
Rudder changed from 05 to 06 and makes a big difference in the handling. Fixed board racks to swivel changed between 04 and 05.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2011, 4:22 AM Reply   
There was a tower change in 07 to the current tower.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-25-2011, 5:46 AM Reply   
thanks for the info guys.

mike - any idea what the diameter of the tower is in '07?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-25-2011, 4:24 PM Reply   
3" in all years if not mistaken