Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-27-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
Installed the shorter hose today and it seems like the ticket! Planning on taking it out Sunday, if the darn weather will dry up!

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
Still raining in the Pacific Northwest...
Setting record wet and cold days in May, what gives?
Hope to get the boat out soon to test it out.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-01-2010, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermustang35 View Post
Wade, looks good on the mods you did. only 6.5 hours?! you need to get out there and ride haha...
We are at 26.5 hours so far and only climbing more. We had the normal 20 hour maintenance and no problems. We are just trucking along and enjoyin the boat for sure. We put the video camera mount on the tower to test recording, but my camera is a little old and its trying to pull digital from analog signal so im working on that (got a 1080p camera we hope to test sunday.) Our back tanks drain great too and no issues to report at all. Axis is a very well made boat.
Man, if it ever stops RAINING I will be all over it!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-01-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
Haha, since I posted that I just got my 50 hour service done...ready for vacation where im sure we will crank up another 25 hours lol...good luck getting the rain to stop..seems thats all it does anymore.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-02-2010, 5:11 AM Reply   
Finally pulled the pics from the digital camera. One is an on water shot and the other two show the wake a little better than my previous pics that came as snapshots off the video. BTW, www.vimeo.com/silvermustang35 is my first video I made. I suck at riding but you can see how the tower camera follows us.
Attached Images

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Haha, since I posted that I just got my 50 hour service done...ready for vacation where im sure we will crank up another 25 hours lol...good luck getting the rain to stop..seems thats all it does anymore.
Dang... I wish I could get some hours on the boat like that! Nothing but RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! Just shot this pick this morning, this is how it has been for the past 3 weeks! AARRRGGGHHHH!

Heading to Lake Shasta in 4 weeks, so I guess I will hit it hard to make up for it then!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Greg, looking good!
What speed are you pulling at and how much line do you run?
I run 24 MPH with 78' of line
Old     (mvanhove)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-02-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Wade just up here in Vancouver BC this weather is just ridiculous. We've gone out once this year like the second week of may, been mostly like that picture above since then.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-02-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
Wade, im running 23.8 at 75ft of line. I tried shorter and longer line lengths and feel the most comfortable at 23.8 at 75ft.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wade, im running 23.8 at 75ft of line. I tried shorter and longer line lengths and feel the most comfortable at 23.8 at 75ft.
kool, looks like we are just about at the same setup... must be the sweet spots for our Axis'-
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvanhove View Post
Wade just up here in Vancouver BC this weather is just ridiculous. We've gone out once this year like the second week of may, been mostly like that picture above since then.
Michael, no doubt! We've been lucky enough to go out 3 time this season... looks like I picked the wrong year to buy a new boat! I have only 9 hours on it and need some break in time and service, before heading to Lake Shasta in 3 1/2 weeks! PNW weather sux BIG Time so far this year! Ready to move to Florida for petes sake...
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-03-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
I just de-winterized my boat yesterday. latest start ever (we had snow last weekend).

hopefully will get it out this weekend
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-03-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
Greg, thanks for the pics. Where in TN are you?

I'm mostly into surfing. Someone slow down to about 10-12mph and show me a good surf wake. I would like to see a fully weighted boat with the wedge down with pics of just the wake and then someone surfing as well. Thanks.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-05-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
finally hitting the lake today as we have some sun and a break from the rain! Will give boat a shakedown and keep an eye on the cooling hose/system all day.
Hoping to find the boat runs fine and no other issues-
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Finally get to pick mine up next Thursday!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-05-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
spent all day out on the lake and the boat ran great. New hose worked like a charm and no issues with the motor- I can put this issue to bed now.
Couple more trips out and I can do my 20 hour service finally.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-05-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaszkow View Post
Finally get to pick mine up next Thursday!
Sweet! post some pix when you get it on the water! Congrats! you will luv it I'm sure!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-09-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Weather in the Pacific Northwest is still raining... looks like after this weekend, we are finally gettin our summer started! Rain has stuck around for record dates this year... YUK! Hopeing to get some word from Axis as to when I can expect to have a dealer in my state to handle any future services?
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
We just took delivery of ours last week. I am very impressed by this boat so far, especially the fit and finish and overall solid feel. I have to say that my customer experience has been top notch so far. Not only has Matt and the crew at MN Inboard (the dealership) been great to work with, I've also had a great experience with a few people from the Axis factory. They even sent me pictures of the boat during the build process. We added 20% tint to the windshield which really fits well with the overall look.

It's been pretty rainy here, but we were still able to put a couple of hours on over the weekend.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-16-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 6:39 AM Reply   
just sick dude... love these boats' color scheme probably the best schemes in all of wakeboats....
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-16-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Congrats! lookin sharp-
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-16-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
congrats joe!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-25-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Was curious if any of you fellow Axis owners have a key for the glove box?
I went to lock it for the first time and realized I did not get a key for it? It does not use the ignition key, and I only got 2 of those, no other keys with boat...
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-25-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
I got four keys with ours. Two for the ignition, and two for the glove box.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-25-2010, 9:57 PM Reply   
Same here with ours as Joes, 2 of each. We used the glove box key when we stayed on our floating house. Works well and keeps everything locked and tucked away.
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-25-2010, 11:23 PM Reply   
At our dealership we always give our customers 2 ignition keys as well as 2 glove box keys. This was most likely a screw up!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-28-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
talked to MAtt Bishop at Axis, they are sending me the 2 GB keys... Don't know what happened to mine? but got some coming-
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-29-2010, 5:24 AM Reply   
Glad Matt was able to take care of ya wade...How many hours you up to now? We are rolling about 78 without any issues at all. Everything is still going great, still even have that new boat smell !
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-29-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
OMG Landan...I understand you all were tryin to get an early start but these things dont run on snow well..granted it is water still lol...what the progress on it since then? How did that happen?
Also adding a pic from the boat show and the finished wetsounds panel we put in
Which wetsounds sub is that?
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-29-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Bruizza, its the Wetsounds XS-!0FA. It hits really well and im able to get ripples off the water lol...
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-29-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
that is awesome. There isn't a ton of space up under there so I was thinking it was probably that sub. Did you make that panel yourself?
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2010, 11:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Glad Matt was able to take care of ya wade...How many hours you up to now? We are rolling about 78 without any issues at all. Everything is still going great, still even have that new boat smell !
Greg, we are up to 21 hours without any more issues. Everything is golden! Did my 20 hr service @ 16 hours my self and all checked out great. We are heading down to Lake Shasta, CA this Thursday for 9 days of wake/sun on a houseboat... should rack up quite a few hours on this trip!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-02-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
Check out the new swag site for all Axis gear.... I know where my paycheck is going! http://swag.axiswake.com/
Old     (CUZICAN)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-05-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Has anybody had problems with there cruise control not working. I asked the dealer about it and they have not got back to me yet. One day I took it out it worked flawlessly. The next time out, I pushed the cruise switch and nothing even comes up on the display. I'm hoping a faulty switch because my closest dealer is 660 miles away. Any help would be great. Thanks......
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-05-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZICAN View Post
Has anybody had problems with there cruise control not working. I asked the dealer about it and they have not got back to me yet. One day I took it out it worked flawlessly. The next time out, I pushed the cruise switch and nothing even comes up on the display. I'm hoping a faulty switch because my closest dealer is 660 miles away. Any help would be great. Thanks......
The same thing happened to us once. The next time we started the boat, it worked just fine, and has been working perfect ever since.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have the same issues with mine. Can not adjust speed or turn cruise on/off, without turning the ignition key off/on several times to reset the cruise. I can no longer make speed adjustments at any time while driving? Axis is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. Not sure if the dealer will have to do or not? Still waiting to hear back from Matt Bishop @ Axis-
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Up to 56 hours now, after 9 days at Lake Shasta!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZICAN View Post
Just talked to our dealer about this issue this morning. Apparently if you have the info screen set to depth it will lock the cruise control up. Malibu knows about this problem and is working on a permanent solution. A temporary fix is to change your screen off of depth and to turn the boat off for a few seconds and turn it back on. Your cruise control should now work.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-12-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Wade, it sounds like the fix will need to be performed by the dealer. We've been using the workaround of making sure that the info display is not displaying depth before turning the key off, and our cruise has been working normally since then.

We rolled past 10 hours over the weekend after less than a month of ownership.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Joe I am disappointed we got ours to 10.1 hours the first weekend!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781539
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-12-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Wade, we have been doing the same thing that Joe has as well. There is a fix comin down the line, hang tight.
We are up to 88 hours since the end of march haha...Love ridin...finally gave it an overdue bath, and it took forever to clean inside and outside, but soo worth it, it looks good and still has that new smell..
Attached Images

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wade, it sounds like the fix will need to be performed by the dealer. We've been using the workaround of making sure that the info display is not displaying depth before turning the key off, and our cruise has been working normally since then.

We rolled past 10 hours over the weekend after less than a month of ownership.
yeah, I will give it a try next weekend... I was down in California for 9 days at Lake Shasta, and was running the depth gauge all the time, as I did not know the lake! This would explain why it was doing it then the whole time down there... I know my home lake, so I never use the depth gauge when riding at home...
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wade, we have been doing the same thing that Joe has as well. There is a fix comin down the line, hang tight.
We are up to 88 hours since the end of march haha...Love ridin...finally gave it an overdue bath, and it took forever to clean inside and outside, but soo worth it, it looks good and still has that new smell..
no doubt! we spent all day Saturday cleaning ours in/out as it was filthy from 9 days on the water!
Had some tough hard water spots from Lake Shasta to deal with, but all is shiny again!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
I would kill for 9 days on the lake with our axis!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
I would kill for 9 days on the lake with our axis!
Dude you've got atleast 5 straight coming up with us heading to Powell
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
spoke to Matt Bishop today regarding the cruise control issue, he said the fix will be installing a new Tach.
They are working thru the build list to see which boats are affected and will contact the dealers for those of us that need the replacement. I plan on just swaping mine out on my own. Don't want to drive the boat up, leave it for a week then drive up again to pick it up, for a 15 minute tach swap-
Old     (rpinto)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-16-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
Just picked up my 2010 Vandall edition A22 yesterday. Has anyone added in a second battery to the isolator switch? I am trying to figure it if this is something I can do on my own or need the dealer to wire it up.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-16-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Greg (silvermustang) has added one. I would shoot him a message.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-16-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
Was about to jump on and say yup, its easy to wire up and you can do it yourself. Shoot me a message and ill send you the info.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-16-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
Congrats Ryan... Lets see some pics.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
followed the work around for the tach/cruise issue today. Worked perfectly...
Now all we need are some replacement tachs!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-19-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
We also didn't have an issue with our cruise all weekend by following the work around. I wonder when the recall notice will be sent out.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-19-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
Bruizza, my understanding is that once the tachs are available, the dealerships will be contacting all of the owners to schedule a replacement. I had my boat in for the 20 hour service on Friday, and my dealership indicated that they had received notice of the problem, but had not yet received the parts.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-19-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
Well that makes sense haha. As soon as I told our dealer what was going on they immediately told me the solution so it is definitely a widely known issue. With the wait times on service right now we might just wait until the off season to get ours fixed once the recall happens.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Bruizza, my understanding is that once the tachs are available, the dealerships will be contacting all of the owners to schedule a replacement. I had my boat in for the 20 hour service on Friday, and my dealership indicated that they had received notice of the problem, but had not yet received the parts.
This is correct, spoke with Matt Bishop and he told me once ample tach's are available (very soon) they will contact each dealer with a list of candidates that require replacement tach's. Then the dealers will contact you to make the swap. I will be doing my own swap out. Matt B. and dealer are cool with it... I looked up under the dash yesterday, and 2 nuts + 1 plug, and the tach slides right out. Figure about a 15 minute job. Matt said once I replace it, just toss the old tach in the garbage, but I'm gonna keep it as a spare, just in case... you never know-
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-19-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Wade, I worked out the same with my dealership since I am a 3.5 hour drive away. It's a bit of a reach to get up to the two nuts, but it looks like a really quick swap.
Old     (rpinto)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-20-2010, 6:10 AM Reply   
First time out.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
That blue Vandall edition is MONEY!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-20-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
Nice Ryan!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-20-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
nice!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-20-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Looks Great Ryan! Real Sharp!
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
Ryan, looks great! Congratulations on the new rig!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-29-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
Hey guys is this the plug and play kit most of you have in your boat? It is the one we have in ours. My calculations but that set up as an additional 1750lbs on top of the 900lbs of stock for 2650lbs of ballast. I am trying to figure out why Axis claims the plus and play only adds like 1275lbs. I haven't found any other plug and play kit designed specifically for axis. Am I crazy or is Axis claiming a much lower number for plug and play?

http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...d=3938&ref=118
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
What I've come to learn is that there are a few different rear bags that work for the plug and play system. I think that the more appropriate statement would be P&P adds 1275lbs or more.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-29-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Okay here is another question for owners with plug and play..... Did your boat come with the bags or did you have to order them yourself? Our dealer had already ordered the kit I linked and installed it before we ever picked up the boat.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
I had either option. We opted to wait and order the bags later.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-29-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
I don't believe our bow sac is 900 pounds. You can also order 750's for the rear instead of 400s.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-29-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
So how much weight are you guys running? I know with the full 2650lbs our wake is freaking huge. Bigger than I feel comfortable hitting regularly.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-29-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey guys is this the plug and play kit most of you have in your boat? It is the one we have in ours. My calculations but that set up as an additional 1750lbs on top of the 900lbs of stock for 2650lbs of ballast. I am trying to figure out why Axis claims the plus and play only adds like 1275lbs. I haven't found any other plug and play kit designed specifically for axis. Am I crazy or is Axis claiming a much lower number for plug and play?

http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...d=3938&ref=118
Yup, we have the FatSack kit in ours... same as pictured. 2010 bought in 2/2010. Washington state.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-29-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Okay here is another question for owners with plug and play..... Did your boat come with the bags or did you have to order them yourself? Our dealer had already ordered the kit I linked and installed it before we ever picked up the boat.
same deal, we requested them at boat order, dealer had them installed (wrongly I can say!) when we picked up the boat.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-29-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
So how much weight are you guys running? I know with the full 2650lbs our wake is freaking huge. Bigger than I feel comfortable hitting regularly.
WORD! the wake was crazy scary at first, but now hitting it wake 2 wake with system full and wedge down... took some balls, but when landing right, it is beautifuly soft!

We have the PNP (linked above) kit plus wedge.