Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (hugo_salcedo)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
i´m very dissapoint. i live in gdl,mx. 2 year ago (2007) i bought a ronix frontier board (brown), after 2 days using, and a couple of front rolls, i broke the board. The company, replace it for a new one. but a stared using a hyperlite for a while the new one arrives. I felt very comfortable using the hyperlite, and never used again the ronix (the ronix was using for my girl, and she is a beginner). So, 15 days ago, i decided to use again the ronix.....sorprise!!!!..... after 10 jumps and a couple of front rolls.... the board broke again.

in my opinion...very bad product....

what do you think?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-30-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
That good happen on any board. A good Homey of Mine, Jay wakeworld Handle IronJay breaks everything, He is the only person I have ever heard of Breaking a Slingshot and he broke it the Long way, tip to tail.

I break lots of boards. Most of the time its user error. Sorry to be that guy.

Hey at least they are sending you new ones.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-30-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Do you hit sliders with board? You are in the minority of thinking that Ronix is bad product. I am not saying you had anything to do with breaking the board but this seems very odd. Either that or you are very unlucky.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
i had the inserts rip out of my frontier countless times but ronix was always good to me and sent me another
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-30-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
it's not super hard to break a board. In your eyes it maybe a bad product, but the wakeboarding community can assure you it's not a bad product. I'm with Andy on this one and it's probably a bit of your riding style and how you shift your weight or land on that specific board. Another question would be, are you riding a board that's small for your size? Does the board requirements actually match your profile?

Problem I see, is that a company is trying to work with you, but you aren't helping the company by posting negative comments about their product. I would just work with them, they are truly a great company and produce an outstanding product.
Old    wakejjboard12            10-30-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Sounds like the board is past its warranty date anyways so if they replaced it while it was covered sounds like they did their job. Ronix sells great products and while I have never had a warranty issue with them I have heard nothing but good things about their warranty department
Old     (hugo_salcedo)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
i´m not getting the board in a hard ride... truly... but i think that something happened with this (frontier) manufactured product.

keith, post the coments is not negative, is just to hear the community opinion.

thank you
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-30-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
If you got the board back in 2007 thats when ronix first came on the scene so that might have something to do with it if you were one of the first to get their product. I know i was one of the first to get the ONE board and i had an issue with the clear coat and ronix was amazing with getting me a new board and they let me keep my old one.
Old     (wrchase)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-01-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
I've got the same model Frontier and no problems at all.. So..
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-01-2009, 11:15 PM Reply   
2007 Ronixs had some quality quality control issues... I went through 2 frontiers until they sent me a 2008 Covin. But the 2008 is built rock solid and it seems like they have worked at all the kinks. Now Ronix produces not only a great product but a durable one as well.