Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-24-2021, 4:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You know what, Shawn? It’s bull****t any way you look at the fact Hiden killed all those jobs. Wes wake77’d the bed trying to defend Hiden’s move. You wanna try rationalizing it? If so, please focus on how him killing those jobs and sending them to the saudis and Russia is good for our country. I’ll wait.... Maybe you can also explain why none of you libtards here can defend, explain of even cheer on that move. Did you watch Hiden mumble his way through signing all those exec orders while he clearly didn’t even know what he was signing? It was sad. Sad like telling “grandpa” to start cutting the person up from his wheelchair in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You belong to a party of darkness.
Mark, I'm not that smart. I need you to educate me. How are the Saudis and the Russians gonna move canadian tarsands crude?

We are already a net exporter of oil. How does putting more oil on the global market (thus depressing the price of an already struggling commodity) help folks in the oil industry in the US?

Like I said I'm not that smart. I just can't figure out this jobs argument.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Mark, I'm not that smart. I need you to educate me. How are the Saudis and the Russians gonna move canadian tarsands crude?

We are already a net exporter of oil. How does putting more oil on the global market (thus depressing the price of an already struggling commodity) help folks in the oil industry in the US?

Like I said I'm not that smart. I just can't figure out this jobs argument.
Two things.

Warren Buffet is heavily vested in oil by rail. My guess is much of this is to pay him off for donations

Trump had to step in and get the Saudi's and Russia to stop their trade war to save the American oil industry. Them in a price war make the more expensive to produce American products unavailable for the prices being sold. Now add in keeping the higher transport costs, it will make it harder to compete. Eventually it more than likely will shut it down for good which is a goal of democrats. democrats have made no secret they want to kill the carbon industry. The US was finally competing in this industry and forced a cheaper price per gallon and made it so we did not have to worry about a production cut or geo politics in the mid east.