Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Smooky)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 3:31 AM Reply   
I'm looking to order a new VLX with surf gate , but I can figure out if it is better to take the manual wedge or the power wedge. I'm writing this thread here as I will mainly use the boat for wake surfing (around 80% of the time and the 20% remaining will be for tube and wake boarding)

On my actual VRide I have the manual wedge, and it works well for me but don't have comparison point.

Does it worth to put all this $$$ in order to have the power wedge or is it better to keep that amount for others specs or a new board ?

Thanks for your comments

Last edited by Smooky; 07-23-2014 at 3:35 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-23-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
I didn't even think you could order it with the manual wedge. I would go power wedge just for resale purposes. Also, a lot of people like to make wedge changes on the fly when surfing. It helps shape the wave big time.

Also, I doubt you can still order 14s. I think they're spraying 2015 boats now.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-23-2014, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, I doubt you can still order 14s. I think they're spraying 2015 boats now.
Thats what I was told a few weeks ago
Old     (Smooky)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
well even better if it is a 2015 )

thanks Tom and William.
Old     (Tnsatbhs)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-23-2014, 3:08 PM Reply   
If you are ordering it with Surfgate, you have to get the power wedge. Malibu won't let you order the manual wedge. That makes that decision easy!
Old     (Tnsatbhs)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-23-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
Have you seen the new VLX? That is the boat that got refreshed for this year. Lots of changes… 22 feet now (instead of 21.5), new dash, new gel coat pattern, new optional tower. Some changes that haven't been leaked yet. Official reveal hasn't happened yet.
Old     (Smooky)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 10:46 PM Reply   
No I didn't see it. Where did you get this info ? Any pictures, weblink, etc ?