Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
I have an F21 Tomcat and when weighted and listed throughs a nice surf wave!!! If you were to build and retro your own system, which would you add? Gates almost seem like a simple great plan, which is the direction I'm leaning. The flow system is simple and a nice option as well without having to worry about electric actuators and wiring and switches. If someone has done a system already would you have done it different? Thanks guys!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-13-2014, 5:39 PM Reply   
Definitely the NSS Style. I regularly ride a NSS retromod. It's really simple in construction and deployment, has a lot of adjustability, is quick and easy to use, I could see it becoming a powered version with minimal work. It is a lot simpler to get working right as you don't have to calculate angles, just deploy the blade x distance and lock it down.
The wave is very long, plenty of push, driving with the boat evenly weighted is awesome. I helped a bit in the build of it and it is very solid and straight forward in design, very strong as well and not too expensive. You do have to drill holes in your transom though, which may scare some people, but with the right sealant you're fine.

I have surfed the Flow, NSS, and Surgate. NSS is by far my favorite of the actual systems. I have not had the opportunity to ride the swell yet, but out of those 3, the NSS is my favorite.
It is also the same style of surf system that Pavati copied to put on their boats as well. That has to say something if another manufacturer will copy it and put it on their boats.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
Do you have any pics of this custom awesomeness? Or a link to where you've posted it before? Thanks!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-13-2014, 5:51 PM Reply   
All wakeboat manufactures have been copying each other for years.LOL
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
Very true lol
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-14-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post
Do you have any pics of this custom awesomeness? Or a link to where you've posted it before? Thanks!!!
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802354
Old     (Iboatlkn)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-14-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
Look up Wicked Wake Surf. Simple add on surf system. Reviews look good.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-15-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
I'll check it out!!! Thanks!
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-15-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Pretty sure the Wicked Wake Surf is only for Malibu/Axis currently.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-15-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
The Wicked Wake Surf attachment looks like a clamp on NSS style. It clamps or bolts to the platform. I don't see how this is specific to Axis/Malibu. Overall it isn't a bad idea, quick and effective. I wonder what the cost is for it. It looks like they make them custom for your boat since they say to email them for a quote.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-15-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
I emailed them, we will see wgat they say
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-15-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
The Wicked Wake Surf attachment looks like a clamp on NSS style. It clamps or bolts to the platform. I don't see how this is specific to Axis/Malibu. Overall it isn't a bad idea, quick and effective. I wonder what the cost is for it. It looks like they make them custom for your boat since they say to email them for a quote.
Actually a clamp on surf gate not NSS. Also the website states "we are making Wicked Waves for Axis and Malibu boats only. We will soon be adding other Makes and Models. However, if you live in the Atlanta area and have an inboard boat we would be happy to discuss making a custom Wave for your particular boat."
Attached Images

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-15-2014, 4:09 PM Reply   
Good to know. I didn't see that on there, but I admit I didn't look into it much. The pic they have looked like a NSS style, could have just been the angle though.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-15-2014, 4:54 PM Reply   
Very interesting... I think I'm just going to put power to my aluminum plates and turn them sideways.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-15-2014, 8:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I emailed them, we will see wgat they say

Emailed last night also. Haven't had a response.

I did chuckle that they are only currently made for axis/Malibu. Go figure, Probably because it was readily available to directly copy..
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-24-2014, 8:49 AM Reply   
Desi is talking about my system. I had the option of going Surfgate of NSS and obviously this is what I chose.

I have a friend with an MB that retrofitted a surfgate and he's still re-tooling it because no matter what he does he gets interference with his non-deployed gate.

My system has been a total game changer for me. I run the boat level, I can switch from reg to goofy in under 10 seconds. I no longer have a SLAMMED corner so I don't have the risk of taking water over the trunk from rollers. I can chill out with the ballast loaded and have lunch and the boat is still plenty comfortable (listed it wasn't). I wouldn't go back.

Good video of the results
http://youtu.be/B65zkbmlK4U

Last edited by trayson; 07-24-2014 at 8:55 AM.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-26-2014, 5:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input and video. That makes it hard to not go NSS route so there is nothing interfering with the surf side. Are you referring to midnight with and black and red 23 b52? Just built rev3 gates for his?
Old     (hotrod508)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-26-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
I did nss style as well. I have a 2007 nautique 236.

The guy in the pics is 6'4"
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-27-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
That looks legit!!! Do you have a link to your build? It looks very similar to the one above? Is it made out of the same 3/4" thick plastic like material?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-27-2014, 6:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks for the input and video. That makes it hard to not go NSS route so there is nothing interfering with the surf side. Are you referring to midnight with and black and red 23 b52? Just built rev3 gates for his?

Ya, he was referring to Midnight's setup he's still trying to get down without interference last I've heard.