Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-22-2015, 8:05 AM Reply   
That's right I am calling all of WAKEWORLD out to challenge them to help grow the sport! You guys already do a ton to keep the sport visible, now let's all do something to get people up on the water.

Here’s the scoop July 26th will perpetually be #PasstheHandle day world wide. The goal is for those fortunate enough to know how to stand on the water/perform towed sports (wakeboarding, wake surfing, cable riding, water-skiing, hydrofoiling, tubing etc) to share that amazing experience with friends that have never stood up.

This is our second year and last year we had posts coming in from Australia, China, Israel, Canada, the caribbean and all over the US. We think we had between 8,000 and 10,000 participants last year and we are hoping for 10K-15K or more this year and have several media outlets already working to promote the day.

So, if you have the opportunity to pass along the stoke of gliding on the water this weekend, tag in #PASStheHANDLE, @PASStheHANDLE on FB & IG and tag in some of the brands that are participating as well, there are some prize packs out there to WIN!

Ride safe, wear a vest and have a great weekend, and thanks for any and all efforts to help grow our sport!

Check the vids below to help brush up your teaching skills!

Video: Pass The Handle – Zane Schwenk | Wakeboarding Magazinehttp://www.wakeboardingmag.com/videos/2015/07/20/video-pass-the-handle-zane-schwenk/

Video: Pass The Handle – Shaun Murray | Wakeboarding Magazinehttp://www.wakeboardingmag.com/videos/2015/07/21/video-pass-the-handle-shaun-murray/
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-22-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
Awesome Zane!
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-22-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
One of the best feelings I've had on the water in a long time was passing the handle on to my nephew and getting him out behind the boat on the wakeskate! He had a blast and keeps asking me when we are going again. Bringing new people on the boat and out on the water is a great feeling. Seeing the stoak in their face when they get up for the first time and start understand what they are doing is amazing. Watching that smile as they cross the wake for the first time, ride switch and become more comfortable on the board reminds me of the fun i had when i first got into wake sports.

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2015, 9:28 PM Reply   
Got 6 newbies up on surf today. Was a great day! More tomorrow. Including a 7 YO on wakeboard! I'll post pics. Yall snap 'em too!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2015, 4:26 PM Reply   
**** the stupid social media tagging stuff - but I did teach two kids to ride today... 8 and 10yo girls.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-29-2015, 5:13 AM Reply   
Thanks to all that participated in the movement to share our love of the sport!

Please continue to share this awesome sport and encourage more to do the same.

Zane Schwenk
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-29-2015, 6:54 AM Reply   
From our weekend out with newbies -
First time "surfing" .... he has kneeboarded before

and his little brother skiing

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-29-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
Participated in Wake the World Kerr Lake on Monday. 1 day late. We got tons of deserving kids from a nearby childrens home up on wakeboards and surfboards. Extremely rewarding! PASStheHANDLE. Thanks to Zane and Murray for spreading this idea.
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       07-29-2015, 7:48 AM Reply   
I was a couple days late but we had 15 teen's in my boat yesterday. Every year we take our church youth group out on the water and teach them all something. Some only wanted to tube, but I think we got 12 people up on something. It was a good day on the water and fun to give back to the church and teach some kids how much fun water can be!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-03-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
I was a couple days late but we had 15 teen's in my boat yesterday. Every year we take our church youth group out on the water and teach them all something. Some only wanted to tube, but I think we got 12 people up on something. It was a good day on the water and fun to give back to the church and teach some kids how much fun water can be!
Awesome!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2015, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
Kudos! Being one of those youth group kids 30+ years ago was just how I learned about the water and why I'm a boat owner today.