Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-23-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
What a joke. Save your money. The 2 Axis were pretty sick but other than that there were a couple of Centurions, end of story. They even were only filling the beer glasses 3/4 full. Nice. No MC, Bu, Supras, nothing.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-23-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Yea man when grandpa's told me they weren't going to be there. I figure it would be a total bust.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-23-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
I was thinking about heading up there tomorrow, maybe not. I sure as hell hope the Charlotte show in a couple of weeks is better!
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-23-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
3/4 filled!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope they are not $8.00 like the Seattle show!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-23-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
May have to head to the Charlotte show. Not sure what they were charging for the beer. I saved my money for the 2 minute drive to Hooters and have Big Daddy beer for $4.50 and Hooters girls. My wife loves it when they hang out and flirt.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-23-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Same here. Completely disappointed. They only had 5 wakeboats but the axis boats were pretty cool. Anyone know if the other shows around here will be any better? Shame after last years great show:/
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
If anyone pays $8 for a warm beer in a plastic cup, you're opening yourself up for disapointment no matter how many boats are there
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-23-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
^^Agreed Gerald. Haven't hit all the Greensboro shows up, but have for the last 3 years and last years showing was solid. I know the economy plays a big role, but there were some dealers within a stones throw that were a no show. Really disappointing.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-23-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
I wonder if Grandpa's is going to be at the Raleigh Boat Show? Seems that all the boat show all over the US are a big disappointment. I remember when Raleigh's boat show used to fill all 3 building and the parking lot. Now you lucky if they fill 2 building.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
I was told Grandpa is going to be a the Raleigh Show but not Charlotte because they would be competing with another malibu dealership.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-24-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Powersports center will be at the Charlotte with Malibu. I did not go to the Gboro show but had heard it wasent going to be too great. I hope that David Terrell did great with the Axis boats though. I will be going to the show in Raleigh and I do think it will be much better for the wakeboard community. Greensboro show was combined with the fishing this year and I think just represents the struggling dealers in the area.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-24-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Powersports is no longer in biz, North Point is now the new Bu dealer. I've heard 2 scenarios about the MC line. I've heard they are keeping the line, but moving them back the original Mastercraft of Charlotte lot and I've heard they are only carrying Malibu as their tow boats. On another not, I'm not even sure yet what dealers will even show and who will pass on spending the money. I'm afraid it's gonna be slim pickings on all types of boats.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-24-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Wow Mike, I did not know that happened to the Powersports center, thats sad news. Sounds like things everywhere around here arent looking too good for boats.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-24-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
It hasn't been to long ago. I just checked the boat show website, and as of now, with only a couple of weeks till the show opens, only Southtown Watersports (Danny @ Southtown Riders is the new Skiers Choice dealer) will be there with Moomba and Supra and Lake Wylie Marina with Centurion, are the only towboats listed.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-24-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
TigeMike, is that the lineup for the Charlotte show?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
There's a thread on offshoreonly about how the boat show's this year suck everywhere. Lots of dealers and manufacturer's aren't participating as attendance from consumers drops off more every year.

As a consumer, I think that everyone should attend their local or nearly local boat shows to show support and keep the attendance numbers up. Maybe that'll help bring in more exhibitors for the next few years to come.

Here's what's in the OSO thread:

I 've noticed alot of negitivity on this and other sites about boats shows . It seems that alot of the " performance vendors " have stopped attending. In my opion if we dont go to these shows and show support the " non-performance vendors" start to drop out and the boats shows will be cancelled indefinatley. And even if the economy picks up it would be real hard to get that ball rolling again.

I just went to the NYC show this week with my old man . We stopped at a LI propeller vendor ( who happens to own a hustler ) to BS about prop labbing and before we left my dad is having him fix the stuts on his 45' pilot house and possibly a new radar arch.We stopped by numerous other vendors, by the time we left I dropped $500 on a jacket , lines , cooler & some saftey gear.

So my point is just because Donzi , Fountain, Sunsation ect...didnt show up with some performance stuff is no reason not to stop by and show your support for our marine industry during this bad economy.

So go to your local Boat show this show season.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-25-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
I was at the G'boro show all 3 days to raise awareness for the Wake the World and Wake N Flake projects. It was a bummer if you were coming to the show expecting lots of wake stuff, however if are ready to start smoking, chew tobacco or fish you were in the right place!

I did find that wakeboarders had more time to hang out and talk (mainly 'cause there wasn't anything else to see!)

Chatlee will be the new Tige dealer for NC. They did not have any in yet, but will for the remaining shows. I talked with Jeff Yow from Chatlee and he enthusiastically pledges their support for Wake the World and Wake N Flake. I told what we were wanting and offered that and more! It's great to have enthusiastic support!

I hung out with Promarine all weekend. At the show, they were our only dealer sponsor with wake boats. I will pass along all the great comments about the Axis.

The local dealers that are great supporters are:
Belew Wake Marine/Correct Craft
Boats Unltd./MC
Carolina Marina/ venue for Wake N Flake
Chatlee/Tige
Grandpa's/Malibu & Moomba
High Rock Boat Dock/ venue for WTW
ProMarine/Axis
White Lake/Correct Craft

I am going to invite Danny (SouthTownRiders) to join us, he is the new Supra dealer for Lake Wylie. Also will talk to Northpointe and MC of Charlotte. I want Centurion also, but no luck so far. I believe that would cover all the wake brands sold in NC.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-25-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Greg,

I am in a far better position this year then last, and would love to once again help out in some way with your great events.

Shoot me an email (I lost yours when my old pc crashed) and let me know what I can do. Any chance you guys will make it to the Charlotte show?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-26-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
I will try to make it to Charlotte on Friday or Saturday of the show.

We would love to have you back, we really missed you last year!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
Great, If you make it to the show, stop by the booth and say hi!