Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-23-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
Has anyone done a deck-off grid rebuild on a late 80's Sun setter? Curious as to what you found and the general layout of the grid. I can only see aft of the pylon and all that is pretty far gone. Are there outboard stringers as well? And what is the grid like forward of the pylon? Did you find structural rot forward of the pylon?

I think I'm not yet recovered enough from my last boat build to start another. (the wife will kill me) But the price is right on a cool little boat.

Talk me into or out of it.

BTW skills / tools not an issue. Just time and the idea of being way way way upside down in the thing when I'm done.

If the boat is free I'll still spend 4K just making it right, let alone spendy upgrades.

In a boat that is worth, what, maybe 7-8K tops?
How do you spell pylon?
Keep talking.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-23-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
If it is your entertainment/hobby/etc I'd say go for it. Much better than parking yourself in front of the TV every night.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-23-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
I've re-read this post several times, and I'm still confused.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-23-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
I looked at one a few weeks ago and it seems like ply screwed to stringers with foam voids.
Whatever the case its a small boat and would be a quick fix if you had the time it could net you a few thousand next year.
I would base my decision on the overall condition of the boat and price.
Old     (nautibiddy)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-23-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
ello