Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pariswake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-16-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hello!

I am looking for feedback on the Nautique Super Sport with GT40 engine. I think the model was manufactured between 95' & 99'.
How is the built quality, usage versality, wakeboarding wake...?

Why was the model discontinued? I heard the post 2000 Super Air Nautique models have a lot of the super sport kinks resolved...

All comments appreciated!
thanks
Old    brycejay            01-16-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
It's a horrible boat. Don't buy one. By the way, if you find a good deal on one please let me know... ha jk

The Super Sport is probably the most high in-demand older wakeboard boat out there. The GT40 engine was supposedly one of the best produced by nautique. Can't go wrong with CC build quality. I believe the Super Sport has been discontinued for a while.

Haven't heard a lot about the kinks, so I can't help you there...

All around, it's a solid boat with a legendary wake for boarding!
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       01-16-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Do a search on WW for this topic...you will find plenty of good things and helpful information.
Old     (pariswake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-16-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Justin, I did find some data on the web, but feel free to suggest websites if you have some off-hand.
cheers
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       01-16-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
www.planetnautique.com <-- this is another good one. The supersport hull is the same hull used in the 210's up to 2006, you can't go wrong with that boat if you get the right deal.
Good luck!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-16-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
We have a 95'... have owned 3 boats before...by far the best of all, AMAZING wake with not tooo much weight.

Our Gt-40 has been bullet proof.

I like the older ones more because of the full wrap seating.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-16-2010, 9:16 PM Reply   
The GT-40 is a great PCM engine. I am not sure why the model was "discontinued." It was really just re-badged as the Super Air Nautique (with the addition of ballast and towers) as the hull worked so well for boarding. Nautique has also traditionally had exceptional build quality.