Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ZeM)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-02-2014, 1:29 AM Reply   
Hi All,

I am looking for a board 100% for cableparks for tricks like air raleys, kickers, boxes, rails etc. In my home country we only have Ronix boards. I was thinking Ronix One ATR, Timebomb or Bandwagon ATR is suitable for cableparks but after reading forums and watching many videos, what I understand is Ronix in general is mostly for boat use. Am I right? Of course you can ride Ronix in cableparks but Slingshot models seemed to me much more suitable for cablepark tricks.

As I said; only option to purchase a new board for me is a Ronix board; but I also found a used 2013 Slingshot Recoil. What do you suggest; a brand new Ronix (any model you suggest will be appreciated) or used 2013 Slingshot Recoil for 100% cablepark use?

Thanks!..

Cem
Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-02-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Slingshot all the way, the recoil is great behind both boat and cable!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-02-2014, 9:31 PM Reply   
Ronix makes park boards for sure! Depending on your skill level, you should check out the District Park or the Von Videl Schnook, as well as a new board for 2015 called the Kinetic Project.They are all cable specific boards. The One boards are pretty much boat-only boards, however I ride a Bandwagon ATR in the park and love it to death. I'm very familiar with the Ronix line and can tell you that you won't be disappointed with one of their park boards.

The Recoil on the other hand is also a great park board. I can't speak on personal use because I've never gotten on one, but I've never heard anything bad about them.
Old     (revolutionwake)      Join Date: Sep 2014       10-03-2014, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have a 2013 slingshot recoil and absolutely love it. I've rode it behind the boat but it has mostly been used in the cable park. It edges well, easy to press, and it's a good looking board. If you're looking for a never been used Slingshot board, I have a 2013 Slingshot Kine for sale that needs a home. I still have the receipt and their warranty is really good.

I have never rode a Ronix in the cable park so I can't comment on its performance.

My recommendation is obviously biased but I would say get a Slingshot.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ronix is the *only* brand in your country? That is odd.
Old     (ZeM)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-06-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately yes, we have a Ronix distrubuter in Turkey but we do not have other brands' distrubuters. I really like Slingshot but i think it will be really difficult for me to buy one.

Actually after some more research i found out that Ronix Bill 2014 is also being used in cableparks so probably i will go with that one. I am 185 lbs (85 kg) and thinking 140 cm is suitable for me am i right? Or for better landings 142 is better? (For one atr model)

Thanks..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-06-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
http://www.jobesports.com/find-a-store/europe/turkey/

I have the Jobe Conflict and it's the best cable board I've ridden. At 185 I'd tend to go for the 142. I'm 140 and ride the 138.
Old     (airden23)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-22-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
Uhh can't you buy whatever you want on this thing called the internet?
Old     (J_Swelly)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-22-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
The Ronix El Von Videl Schnook, The Bill, and the Bandwagon are all killer cable park boards! But, I personally love Slingshots for the cable. I can't speak personally about the Recoil because I have never rode it, but I've ridden the Reflex and Windsor and they can't be beat at the cable. I'm sure the Recoil is sick as well
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-23-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by airden23 View Post
Uhh can't you buy whatever you want on this thing called the internet?
This ^^

Have a look over at http://www.buywake.eu/ They are based in the Netherlands and they do ship to Turkey.
Old     (Werky1090)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-25-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
IMO buy either lf deluxe or ss windsor. I have the deluxe and i LOVE IT. I have also tried the ss windsor and it's great. Also a lot of my friends have the windsor and they say nothing but good things about it.
They are both great all around cable boards. Just note that ss boards are much faster on obstacles than lf boards.