Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    eddie66            11-22-2002, 7:21 PM Reply   
I am in the market for a tower for my naut. I see I am pretty sure i like the look of Wake designs towers but are the sturdy, and quite. Is any of the other producers any better, and why? SOmeone please help me.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-22-2002, 7:31 PM Reply   
Boss is good but they do sway left/right and other fold better.
Don't know much about wake designs.
Skylon and Proflight are sweet.
But, I think my latest favorite is the new Titan.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-22-2002, 9:51 PM Reply   

..Belive me DO NOT GO WITH BARE WEST the towers SUCK.We currently have a Barewest Tower on a 00 Wakesetter, It came with the boat when we bought her Looks are great It does do the job But now we have outfitter her with boss B-530 & B-50'S, Ya add four - (4) boards to thr #, and the tower sways ALOT, we run alot of double - UPS and it feels like she is gonna come apart. She sways side to side, ALOT. The tower looks awesome but it moves alot, it gets the job done but again I'm afraid that one day she is gonna rip out of the hull.
Old    eddie66            11-23-2002, 1:57 PM Reply   
So mike Boss is not the best or what? I have taken a couple passes behind my buddys boat which has a wake designs tower but where the racks mount to the tower it rattles alot. I am kida courious what they are going to bring out in 2003. My friend in Orlando went toa a surf expo and said that W.D. had a fix for that. They have some new towers desgins that look kinda gay, yet kinda cool. I just want the best, ask around see what people say. Thanx
Old    eddie66            11-23-2002, 1:57 PM Reply   
So mike Boss is not the best or what? I have taken a couple passes behind my buddys boat which has a wake designs tower but where the racks mount to the tower it rattles alot. I am kida courious what they are going to bring out in 2003. My friend in Orlando went to a surf expo and said that W.D. had a fix for that. They have some new towers desgins that look kinda gay, yet kinda cool. I just want the best, ask around see what people say. Thanx
Old    tbarrett            11-23-2002, 2:35 PM Reply   
Eddie, Wake Designs towers in the past made some noise at the board racks and depending on what year they had some flex. For 03 they have new shapes, little if any flex and the board racks are all thru-bolt type so they are tight and zero rattles. They would be worth looking at in the decision making process. Terry
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-23-2002, 4:35 PM Reply   
Eddie,

Wakeside offers four brands that will fit your Nautique - Wake Designs, Boss, Skylon, and Titan. The 2002 and later Wake Designs towers do not make noise at the board racks.

All four of these brands are the highest quality towers that money can buy. By the way, all four are OEM towers.

Skylon - Malibu, MB Sports, Centurion
Titan - Malibu
Wake Designs - Tige
Boss - Cope McPhetres (Malibu Billet tower for 2003)

You won't have any quality problems with any of these four brands and each manufacturer has a good solution for your Nautique.

What really matters now is the look you want and how much you can afford. The price will range from $1499 (new 2003 Skylon X-Treme) to $2,695 (new 2003 Wake Designs Rival)with many choices in between.

Old    eddie66            11-25-2002, 6:12 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the help, Now anyone want to trade a nautique for a new tige 22i :-).