Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2016, 11:25 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/videos/%...your-favorite/

Alliance is letting us help out in the annual less than 5 contest. Sick riding, but so many choices...

Do the right thing and get out there and vote!
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2016, 11:46 AM Reply   
I'm really torn between Bob's and JD's, such great and unique riding in each
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-07-2016, 11:47 AM Reply   
Tough decision...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-07-2016, 2:21 PM Reply   
Twelker, Bob, JD
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-07-2016, 2:55 PM Reply   
Is it just me or did most of it look rushed, not that big, and unimpressive. Only a few of the jumps looked pretty huge (like JD's). Maybe I need to clear my head and rewatch them tomorrow. I know I would be blown away if I saw any of it in person, but for some reason the video's themselves are just really unappealing. Maybe it's way too zoomed in.

Also, I'm not sure how strict the rules are but a couple of the tricks definitely went officially invert/raley.....

Last edited by timelinex; 09-07-2016 at 2:59 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-07-2016, 3:05 PM Reply   
^^^^thats cause it was off a Xstar wake & not a G!
hahahahaha i kid i kid
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-07-2016, 4:45 PM Reply   
everyone went in this year, that was ill
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-07-2016, 5:23 PM Reply   
Maur.

Every trick was landed perfect without a single sketch. His signature flair was showing the whole time and he landed a full 6 tricks in a line unlike some others.
BP and JD were solid runners up though as was Oka
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2016, 5:40 PM Reply   
Some of these guys, like Cook and Maur, have a number of tricks that look real good in slo mo or in a still photo, but just look rushed and crazy in real time from the boat.

Wake did not look impressive at all and the lakes are pretty short runs at the projects.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-07-2016, 7:12 PM Reply   
First time seeing Lewy Watt ride
googled & found this

Sick, has everyone else heard of him already?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-08-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Twelker, Bob, JD
Agreed.

Props to Bob for not being a p**** and taking everything into the flats. His pass was the most fun to watch,
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-09-2016, 2:36 PM Reply   
I wanted to post about the tricks seeming small but didn't want to sound like a hater. I love the idea of this contest and look forward to it every year. I just don't understand why, if you are a PRO and it's a "style" type contest you wouldn't take everything as big as possible. I mean w2w method or 360 has to seem like child's play to the pros. And if these guys can link multiple mobes and 7s in a pass wouldn't a bunch of basic tricks be that much easier? I voted for Bob.

I also thought "maybe it's the wake" lol.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-09-2016, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I wanted to post about the tricks seeming small but didn't want to sound like a hater. I love the idea of this contest and look forward to it every year. I just don't understand why, if you are a PRO and it's a "style" type contest you wouldn't take everything as big as possible. I mean w2w method or 360 has to seem like child's play to the pros. And if these guys can link multiple mobes and 7s in a pass wouldn't a bunch of basic tricks be that much easier? I voted for Bob.

I also thought "maybe it's the wake" lol.
Definitely not the wake. It's a new x-star driven by Travis at the boarding school. Scott goes huge off the same wake.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-10-2016, 7:55 PM Reply   
Probably important to remember that these videos are of the best lines --- not neccessarily best tricks.
So gnarlier stuff could've gone down but they had to make a choice about which of their runs to submit
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       09-11-2016, 7:18 AM Reply   
I'd just like to see/hear the results! Said it was to be announced Friday at the Expo, but the website hasn't been updated. Anyone at Expo hear the results?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-11-2016, 7:42 PM Reply   
I believe it ended up as 1-Twelker, 2-Webb, 3-Maur