Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-03-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
SOOOOO Stoked to announce that there is a Cable Park coming to Rockford, IL!!!
West Rock Cable Park is in full swing & even though the install got delayed because of weather, the plan is still to open THIS MONTH!!
I have been consulting with the owners since the projects early talks & let me tell you, they have done their homework & there are big things coming from this place in the near future.

Check them out on Facebook …. https://www.facebook.com/WestRockWakePark
Or the website is …. http://westrockwakepark.com/
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-03-2014, 6:09 PM Reply   
Awesome, where was this when I lived in Aurora? I always thought Chicago area would be a good locale for a cable. Is it a two tower full cable?

Closer to the riding core on fox river or the chain would have been better but I can imagine land is a serious premium up there. Kinda same deal as Kansas City will be a haul for some to get out there but good deal in any case. Did they build the lake or is it on an existing body?
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-05-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
Awesome, where was this when I lived in Aurora? I always thought Chicago area would be a good locale for a cable. Is it a two tower full cable?

Closer to the riding core on fox river or the chain would have been better but I can imagine land is a serious premium up there. Kinda same deal as Kansas City will be a haul for some to get out there but good deal in any case. Did they build the lake or is it on an existing body?
Were absolutley hoping we're not too far from the Fox River crew/suburbs etc, but we partnered with the Rockford Park District on a preexisting body of water. We are just off route 20 so we will thankfully be easy to access from every direction. My wife and I are from the Rockford area too so it's also very much about bringing something great to Rockford but close enough to the Chicago suburbs, madison, and Milwaukee.

We're starting with 2 system 2's and a couple UNIT features (rooftop and a pipe) and are buidling a kicker and a box.

Looking forward to having you of you're back in northern IL any time soon!

Storms have hammered us with install too so we will realistically be up late July.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-05-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
DJ,

Awesome man, wish you guys the best in your new venture.....
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
DJ, awesome job bringing this to the area. I saw my first wake park up close in Orlando, and I was almost contemplating another trip down to spend a few days there.

It looks like zoning for another park in Crystal Lake is up for review, with an open date for next summer. Exciting times for boarding in the Chicago land area.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-06-2014, 9:07 PM Reply   
That is just awesome and hope that I can get out this summer at least once or even a few times!
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-07-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Thanks for encouragement guys.

Our site, www.westrockwakepark.com is moving from flash to a full site later this week so please stay in touch through that and the usual channels-facebook, instagram, etc.

I was just out there this morning and the motor tower anchors are in and were pouring the deflection anchors tomorrow. All goes to plan, we'll be installing the towers next week!

Last edited by Dj2up10; 07-07-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-07-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
What's the Instagram name? Couldn't find it.
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-07-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfergus7 View Post
What's the Instagram name? Couldn't find it.
westrockwakepark is the instagram.
Old     (LowPressure)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-07-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
Look's like a nice lake.

Rockford's not really a bad drive from the city when I-90 isn't completely torn up. This year may be a little slow, but advertise in the Chicago market next year and you'll get people.

Best of luck!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-08-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
Yeah I-90 to 20 would be the best route from Chi-town. It's just a few miles off of Hwy 20 (Montague exit I believe).
The plan for this season is a soft opening with a planned big push (grand opening) early next season. Any bugs will be worked out & everything should be dialed in.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2014, 9:07 PM Reply   
Forrest,

Awesome I am sure I'll run in to one you guys there. Have to check it out

Mattie

First I am hearing of the Crystal Lake idea. That would be nice and close.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-11-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
Swat - yeah we will be there a ton! Annie is going to help operate & coach during the summers (must be nice to be a teacher).

The Crystal Lake thing hasn't gotten much publicity... at least what I have seen....
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
looks like the Crystal Lake Park is a go from my sources over at the shop. Permits are in order
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-24-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
^ Cool... it will be nice to have that option of a full cable in the area. (which shop?)