Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-20-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
We had a few minor issues with the new clamping board racks on our 2012 Tige RZR. The company that manufacturers them for Tige, Protomet was great to work with. They paid to ship them back, overnighted me a new set and spent time over the phone and via email discussing with me how to improve them.

The new racks arrived today and along with beefier internals they now sport Seadek inside the forks instead of the smooth rubber they originally used. I can't wait to put them on tomorrow.

They are quite expensive but they are really a sweet rack...love a great rack!

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-20-2012, 4:20 PM Reply   
Can you buy just the forks??and if so can they be had to fit other brands.Some of those would go great on my Samson swivels
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-20-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Can you buy just the forks??and if so can they be had to fit other brands.Some of those would go great on my Samson swivels
From what I understand, Tige has an exclusive on them for a year, maybe longer. I think you can only get them on a new Tige boat but I may be wrong. I thought I heard that Tige would not sell these individually.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-20-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
They look like the Mastercraft rack except the locking mechanism is on the side not the back. Are they easy to lock? I know the ones on my Mastercraft have the locking arm out the back so you can get plenty of pull on it. They look like they are built well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-22-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
From what I understand, Tige has an exclusive on them for a year, maybe longer. I think you can only get them on a new Tige boat but I may be wrong. I thought I heard that Tige would not sell these individually.
I have a set coming for my 2011.You have to order the bracket that attaches to them also,if you own a Tige.If you own another brand you could still order the forks from your Tige dealer.