Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2020, 11:28 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine texted me this today: https://www.ridegigawave.com.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-16-2020, 1:23 AM Reply   
I don't see that being good for lakes. My dock hurts just thinking about it.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-16-2020, 2:54 AM Reply   
That would sink my boat. 28 person capacity!?!
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       09-16-2020, 3:15 AM Reply   
I feel like this is no different than that surf pontoon boat thing from last year... never see production. It looks like they converted one of those tour ferry boats from Disney World into a surf machine.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2020, 4:49 AM Reply   
Looks like it only exists in a computer right now.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-16-2020, 5:41 AM Reply   
The Surf Pontoon did make it to production. https://www.montaraboats.com/
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-16-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Right? "Pre-order" = help us start our company. And those waves look photoshopped. But hey, can't fault for aiming high.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-16-2020, 8:06 AM Reply   
and I thought the 25' boats were ginormous. wonder how much the duck boat weighs?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-16-2020, 8:23 AM Reply   
This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It's almost poster-worthy.
Old     (GatorBait)      Join Date: Mar 2010 Location: Miami, Florida       09-16-2020, 9:16 PM Reply   
That first picture is Biscayne Bay in Miami where I run my school so I'll let you guys know if I ever see that thing running around!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-16-2020, 10:47 PM Reply   
It would be a vacation, business boat at best. like a sandals or somewhere they can charge to go play. Not sure who would buy that, unless you have extreme expendable income and want it.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-17-2020, 1:20 AM Reply   
I hope the guys trying to start this company read this thread. What percentage of boats sold the lake going pleasure boat market are over 30'? I suspect it is a very small percentage so they are immediately taking themselves out of contention for consideration to most people buying a boat. They are going after a tiny slice of the market with a 34' boat. I would never consider a 34' boat because of the size alone and I suspect none of you would either. The other size issue is the beam which exceeds the maximum width for practical trailering and would require special permits. Most piers, docks, and lifts will not accommodate a 34;' boat either. Those limitations alone eliminate 99.8% of their potential buyers. The other .2% will likely pass based on the looks and a company with no track record. These guys are setting themselves up for failure.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-17-2020, 3:21 AM Reply   
The size itself isn’t what turns me off. If I’m buying a 30’+ boat it better have a cabin. An interesting proposition would be a live-aboard I could take out and surf, especially if I don’t have to worry about gas. But the boat I see here is not at all on my radar even aspirationally.
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2020, 9:13 AM Reply   
I love the concept. If they can make a 6' wave I guarantee people will buy this boat. If I told you 10 years ago people were going to be lining up to buy $300k 23' Nautique boats you never would have believed me. I've been waiting for someone to make a 6' wave. This will be incredible if it happens.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       09-17-2020, 10:10 AM Reply   
So just jumping a few steps ahead... If this did become popular, would current sized boats become less popular? Would they then have to focus less on the wakesurf market and back onto the wake market? Could this actually be good for wakeboarding? Probably silly musings but food for thought.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2020, 3:31 PM Reply   
Six foot waves will do irreparable damage to not only physical docks, moorings and boats, but also to wakesurfing as a whole.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-18-2020, 5:04 AM Reply   
I wonder how long it would take to circle around to pick up a downed rider. Could you even imagine the destruction from a jacka$$ power turning everytime someone falls?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-18-2020, 10:55 PM Reply   
Looks like a ocean wakesurf target market boat of which there probably isn’t really any others, this thing is not for inland lakes and rivers.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 4:23 AM Reply   
Looks like the whole thing is just a fun, CG/imaginary concept/copy and paste/photoshop that will NEVER happen. Just look at the cover page. Who’s driving? The scale of the rider doesn’t even match the boat and neither does the wave or it’s shape. The only vessels that can generate waves that large are full oil tankers. Still fun to dream though.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-19-2020, 1:23 PM Reply   
Yes photoshop is a fun thing, maybe someone lost a bet