Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-19-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
The Pete Rose is a great looking Mobe and so many of the Pro Riders make them look incredibly stylish. For some reason or another when they take it to 5 (off the wake) the last 180 just looks really forced and does not leave a good punctuation on the trick. I like pretty much all the other Mobe 5's and 7's the Pete 5 is just not looking good right now.

Byerly used to do some nice looking Pete 5's does anyone have a video link?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-19-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
I think the Pete Rose is the ugliest trick in the book. I know I'm probably alone on this one, but I've never seen one that I liked. For some reason it looks to me like a half assed attempt at some other trick that didnt quite make it, but the rider landed on the board and rode away from it. Not knocking its difficulty by any means, but I just cant stand to watch them. And for some reason, taking it to a 5 makes it a little more bearable for me, so consider me the official opposition to your campaign. Pete 5s for everyone! Dont give up your rights!
Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-19-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
^^^You're Insane!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-19-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Straight Pete is one of my favorite tricks of all time. So sick looking. I could do without the Pete 5, too, but hey... If you've got the skills, then more power to you.
Old    mojo            04-19-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Mr wilcox, Pete rose is one of the best, if not the best, tricks in wake. What do you prefer? And Pete 5's are just another way to get more points. I like them since they haven't been done for a while. It's cool seeing guys like jd doing Pete 5's and x-mobes
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-19-2011, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Mr wilcox, Pete rose is one of the best, if not the best, tricks in wake. What do you prefer? And Pete 5's are just another way to get more points. I like them since they haven't been done for a while. It's cool seeing guys like jd doing Pete 5's and x-mobes

I have no beef against regular Pete's but IMO the blind pete looks better. way better.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
OMG I love Pete's SUPER fun trick to do. I cannot for the life of me do a pete 5 but I do have to give props where props is do, not the prettiest trick in the book but like Evan Said, if you can do it more power to you!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
I think the Pete Rose is the ugliest trick in the book. I know I'm probably alone on this one,
yes, you are.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Mr wilcox, Pete rose is one of the best, if not the best, tricks in wake. What do you prefer?
The superman looking thingy. lol!
Old     (woawake)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Hahaha Ben! Those are fighting words on wakeworld bro! The Pete Rose, especially when done by another man named Ben (Greenwood) is like art!
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-19-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
Pete 5's and KGB 5's are cool cuz they're technical but both are kinda ugly imo but no reason to stop doing them and at least try to make them look better.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
I would like to add that the majority of people doing Crow 5s are insanely ugly as well. Very few People (Harley, Phil) make that trick look good.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
Pete's are awesome.

.... I've never landed one, gone out the back on a ton.... but it is super fun like everyone says, scary as hell though, that back edge gets reaaaal close sometimes.

-- any tips for getting my weight over my toes on this ?!
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-19-2011, 6:32 PM Reply   
JohnM, I know what you are saying. But, look at Adam Fields' Pete 5 off the double up at Brostock last year. It is one of the largest and most stylish tricks I have seen. Granted it is off the double up and I think you are talking straight wake to wake. But it was a sick trick.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
Nick sounds like your not stopping your rotation soon enough. I take my head out of the roll aspect of it pretty much the second I leave the wake.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-19-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Haha, thats about the response I expected. Sorry guys, its just not my thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckledragger View Post
The superman looking thingy. lol!
Funny enough, yes I love raileys. I also like frontside 5s, whirlybirds (or whirly 5/7s), and sunsets .
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-19-2011, 8:50 PM Reply   
this guy ^^^^^ hates petes and loves whirlybirds... CLASSIC
Old     (boarder12)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-19-2011, 9:15 PM Reply   
I agree that Pete are definitely one of the best looking mobes in wakeboarding! They are super fun to do on the trampoline! Unfortunately I can't do one on the water yet but they feel super sick! Ben Greenwood definitely has the most stylish pete in wake and Idk about anybody else noticed in the Delta Force video Trever Maur had an awesome looking one as well. I love the look of it when its grabbed nose and poked hard out the back. But anyway thats my two cents
Old     (boarder12)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-19-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
Almost forgot the subject of the bulletin. I agree the last 180 does look a bit forced but I also agree that if you can do it more power to you. However I would much rather see a super slow poked out Pete than a fast sloppy pete 5.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
blind pete is probably my favorite trick to watch, except for double rolls, any off axis ts bs spin and 10's