Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (michelle69)      Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Chico, CA       07-06-2020, 6:28 AM Reply   
I have a 1999 Ski Centurion D-Drive, and have been finding it very difficult to cross over or avoid the bigger wake boats surf wakes. Two separate times now I have been put in a situation where I had to take one on, and smacked my boat down hard on the water! A few times I've sped up and gotten around them, or turned around and went back the other way for a moment. The worst was getting caught between to surfers, with their wakes floating towards the middle of the channel, and having to deal with that mess. Does anyone have advice on how to go over these beasts when needed, or have a video to share?
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-06-2020, 3:20 PM Reply   
Good luck, I recently upgraded to a taller vdrive from a 98 Tige direct drive that was trouble free for 9 years and this was one of the main reasons. I think it had almost the same hull design as your Centurion with sloped bow, flat bottom and not much freeboard. I found that either being completely stopped until the waves passed or riding up & down them while paralllel worked best.
Old     (michelle69)      Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Chico, CA       07-07-2020, 10:29 AM Reply   
Mike, thank you for the tip! I'll probably just try to stop and hide from them if possible. It seems scary to me to ride parallel with those monster wakes, and having the boat rock that far over. The last time I owned my other 1999 V-Drive, there weren't these Supra Supreme type boats out there making these wakes, so it's a whole other world now. I'm also just waiting until right before sunset to get my wake boarding in when most boats are gone. Otherwise for surfing, I will be out on a friend's Supra Supreme for that, and causing the monster wakes for others! lol