Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2019, 8:33 AM Reply   
I'm upgrading my single battery under the port side rear seat to a 2-bank setup with 3 batteries under the observer's seat in my 2007 Centurion Typhoon. I have two options for routing the 2/0 cable up front:

1) Under the floor (aka in the bilge), following the same path as the throttle/steering cables. Advantage is likely a shorter run of cable by 2-3 feet.

2) Under the lip of the port side seat bases where it can be suspended with heavy zip ties every 18". This is the same routing as the current helm bus +/-. Advantage is that it won't be as close to the gas tank and in the bilge getting wet.

I'm 75% leaning toward option 2--which way would you go?

Tony
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2019, 9:27 AM Reply   
option 2.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-17-2019, 4:53 AM Reply   
Wet cable insulation is a non-issue. Unless you flood the bilge, the cable will never be any more wet, then any other cable in the boat.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-17-2019, 6:03 AM Reply   
Option 2. I wouldn’t care about the moisture but I like the idea of keeping all of the electric together. Mechanics and/or potential future owners will probably appreciate that too if they ever have to troubleshoot an electrical issue.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-17-2019, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Mike, I think with option 1 my bigger concern is running cables over/under the fuel tank. Probably a non-issue, but I figure why tempt fate?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-17-2019, 4:46 PM Reply   
Regardless of where a cable is routed, any potential point of abrasion needs to be insulated. Do this, and a gas tank will not be an issue.