Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Just wanted to give a shout out to OIB. I had my 2011 Axis A22 for sale on craigslist and on a few other smaller sites. I did not post it on boattrader because I thought it was too expensive. I had a couple of hits on the boat over the winter time, but no serious offers. I ended up posting my boat on Only Inboards using one of its standard - like twenty something dollar - ads and, BAM, the boat sold in two weeks to a guy up in Michigan. I had to take the time to remove the ad after it sold, because I continued to get tons and tons of messages about the boat.

I was very happy with the ease of creating the ad, the low cost, and, obviously, the results. If you're looking to sell, do yourself a favor and post up on OIB. I wish I would have sooner so I could have ordered my '12 earlier!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-20-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Yo-CONGRATS - cant wait to see your new whip. I look forward to that every year. Keep it up Chatt!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-20-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
nice chatt! So you going all black again this year?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Congrats. Stormtroop the '12
Old     (Sethjoe)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Selling boats for a living that site is invaluable. I put a maristar 200 up there last thursday and have probably had a dozen hits on it already. Definitely worth the money!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the post Chatt, glad it sold. Now, if I could only convince boattrader it's worth 5 million and that they should buy me out... well then i'd have something
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-20-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
What brand will you be bangin' on for 2012? Is this the year of the Tige or will you be on a Nautique again? Or Axislibu again? Where we headed?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
I'm sticking with Axis this year. I loved my A22. All in all, it was the best boat I've ever owned. I had zero problems, I didn't have to take out a huge loan so I had extra money for gas. The wake was always slamming, and I love the LS3 big motor option that is offered for '12. I'm going solid white this year. I really liked the white 230 I had, but, at the time, I had a dodge diesel as my tow vehicle, and I always had exhaust soot down the side of the white hull. Because I have a gasser again, I want to go back to white. By white, I mean white boat, white trailer, white tower, white mirror arm, white z5 frame, etc. etc. etc.

I think I'm going to run the vandall graphics too.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-20-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Congrats Chatt. Look forward to seeing the new ride as usual. You guys that get a new boat every year really piss me off.......... Ha ha kidding of course!
I have to agree that it is worth its weight in gold to pay the standard fee and post on Onlyinboards if you are looking to sell. Great place to search as well. I have always had good luck.
Old     (bheinr)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-20-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Advice taken, my boat is now on only inbounds also!!!! Let see if this works.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-20-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Sweet! I'm really digging my all white RZR.
Old     (Gryphon)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-20-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
That is where I bought my Axis from as well. Easy to search as well for buyers.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-20-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
Please don't sell to boat trader, they will ruin it. Them, along with all their sites, auto trader, etc., totally suck.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-20-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
Congratulations Chatt.I also sold my last boat on Only Inboards in 2 weeks.After having it at a dealer on consignment for a month.I got tons of calls and the first guy to come out and look at it bought it.When i called back others in order of calls recieved they had all already bought boats.In other words your getting calls from serious buyers.I only had one guy try and beat me down on price over the phone.So all in all i would use them again.As Chatt said well worth the investment.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
"All in all, it was the best boat I've ever owned"
Ok Chat, thats a pretty big statement given all the boats you have owned! Please list list all of the boats that you have owned from the earliest one.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-20-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
I'm gonna guess his boats
Two MasterCrafts
One Malibu VLX
Three Nautiques
Two axis

How far off am I?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
Dc, other than a duck boat and a 1989 Kawasaki 650 sx, you nailed it!

Many reasons why I said what I said. It's a combination of quality of wake, lack of problems, cost, ease of installation of stereo upgrades, and core features that I actually use (pnp, big motor option, z5 cruise, wedge, solid tower, etc.).
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 7:29 PM Reply   
Also, let me be clear that I'm not saying that an a22 is the best boat out there, it's just the one that's suits ME the best so far. A LOT of it has to do with cost.

Last edited by chattwake; 03-20-2012 at 7:36 PM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-20-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Also, let me be clear that I'm not saying that an a22 is the best boat out there, it's just the one that's suited ME the best so far. A LOT of it has to do with the fact that I'm sponsored with the local dealer and he gave me a huge discount if I would talk about it incessantly on wakeworld and I could make money off it when I sold it.
fixed
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
Haha whatever Jeff. If I wanted an mc, bu or cc I could get one for the same deal. You don't know me or my situation but feel free to assume what you want.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-20-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
^^^^ haha that's funny and possibly close to true. I dunno how I remembered but i'm pretty sure i've seen those facts paraded on WakeWorld
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-20-2012, 8:29 PM Reply   
Congrats on selling your boat. +1 for OIB too. It generated a lot of solid leads and an eventual buyer for the X2 last year.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-21-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Haha whatever Jeff. If I wanted an mc, bu or cc I could get one for the same deal. You don't know me or my situation but feel free to assume what you want.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
wow, things sure do go south in a hurry.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-21-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
Back on track... i think we were talking about how great my site is. Carry on.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-21-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
It is a shame when someone attack another. It destroys the intent of the original post for no real logical purpose. If you don't like something, either reply constructively or do not reply at all.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Ian, my friend David just sold his 2011 A20 yesterday off of his ad on OIB. He's stoked!
Old     (kme3113)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Chatt, whats is the next boat going to be? I loved the look of your Axis and am excited to see the next boat we will get to see a stereo build out on!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            03-21-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kme3113 View Post
Chatt, whats is the next boat going to be? I loved the look of your Axis and am excited to see the next boat we will get to see a stereo build out on!
Read his post half way up the page. ALL white Axis '12
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-21-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejoeco View Post
It is a shame when someone attack another. It destroys the intent of the original post for no real logical purpose. If you don't like something, either reply constructively or do not reply at all.
Chatt and I "troll" each other all the time on here.. It's what we do..

I'm stoked on his sale, his new build and of cours on OIB.. We're just BS'ing as usual.. nothing to see here.. It's not that serious.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   

I agree. It wouldn't be wakeworld without a little drama/contention to spice things up. All we need is a few gratitutious stripper/Havasu shots to make this thread complete.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Oh, and LON's X80, someone chiming in about MB, two people fighting about whether MC is overpriced, one guy arguing about how nautique is the best, someone mentioning fit and finish, me arguing about bank for the buck, an exile rip off / skylon argument, a discussion about which speakers are the best, someone trying to sell their boat, and, finally, a picture of Robert's blue tige. Then, the cycle will be complete.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-21-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
LOL.... too funny, Chatt. And so true.

I think we all like to bust eachothers chops alot. It's what we do. Most have been on WW for years, and we are what I call "internet friends." I think if we all actually met eachtother offline we'd be friends... well, most of us. :-)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-21-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
Chatt I think you messed up. MB is the best. Cmon maaaaannnnn!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-21-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh, and LON's X80, someone chiming in about MB, two people fighting about whether MC is overpriced, one guy arguing about how nautique is the best, someone mentioning fit and finish, me arguing about bank for the buck, an exile rip off / skylon argument, a discussion about which speakers are the best, someone trying to sell their boat, and, finally, a picture of Robert's blue tige. Then, the cycle will be complete.
That is wakeworld in a nut shell. Way to sum it up
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Hey, I said "me arguing about bank for the buck" so, no, I didn't leave myself out of this. Although I guess I should have included Jeff making somesort of "butthurt" comment. hahaha
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-21-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
You forgot the warranty 'discussion' we just went through, a question about batteries and charging systems and someone saying that the new XStar will be here in a couple weeks.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-21-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
LOL... this Jeff character is a clown. Maybe a decent cat in real life. Doubtful though.

On this subject, the MAIN thing I noticed about the inquiries I recieved from OIB versus something like C list. Is that an OIB buyer ACTUALLY understood the value of the boat and/or options. You dont know how many "I can buy so and so bayliner that is 5 years newer than your boat for half the price". Ok dude, clearly you arent in the market for a inboard ski/wake boat.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
Yeah oib hits the target market for sure. Plus, it cuts down on the craigslist "I am hope you item still is for sale and condition is the good" responses.
Old     (whelchel86)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-21-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
and, finally, a picture of robert's blue tige. Then, the cycle will be complete.
lmao
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-21-2012, 7:57 PM Reply   
Sale pending on my 2009 210 thanks to OnlyInboards ad.

Oh yeah, Nautique is the best.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-21-2012, 8:24 PM Reply   
So Chatt inquiring minds would like to know if Only Inboards helped you get back what you paid for your gently used boat.Or is it possible your new boat didn't have the REMARKABLE resale of your old brand.That would be the 3rd of the 4 different wake boat brands you have owned and raved about.HMMMMMMMM!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-21-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
Now the cycle has a spoon in the spokes.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-22-2012, 5:02 AM Reply   
Robert, you are a douche. In regard to my 2011, A22, I was able to sell it along the same lines as what I sold my prior 230s for. And by that, I mean I was able to recoup my investment and lateral into a '12. In fact, the resale was so good that I was able to order a '12 with the ls3. If the resale value had not been there then I would have kept the boat.

We are all know you love your tige. We also know, from your comments regarding the warrantees of Mastercraft and correct craft, that everybody needs to take what you say with a big sweaty grain of salt.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Robert, you are a douche. In regard to my 2011, A22, I was able to sell it along the same lines as what I sold my prior 230s for. And by that, I mean I was able to recoup my investment and lateral into a '12. In fact, the resale was so good that I was able to order a '12 with the ls3. If the resale value had not been there then I would have kept the boat.

We are all know you love your tige. We also know, from your comments regarding the warrantees of Mastercraft and correct craft, that everybody needs to take what you say with a big sweaty grain of salt.
Thanks for the reply,you confirmed everyones suspicions.If you need an answer just ask Mr Webster,he has the only official opinion on WW.Just like a political expert side steps a question with a different topic or question.Your fitting in the mold perfectly.Have a Blessed Day!
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
Wow, some people on here just can't let crap go. Bunch of haters. Chat's a lucky dude, so what! Good for him.

Back to the topic at hand, I also was able to sell my Centurion this spring with the help of OI. First guy who drove from DC to look at her scooped it up. The leads are quality, and that is what counts. Thanks for the help Ian. Well worth the $$.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
Also if you read the whole thread Rick Correll explained that Tige DOES have the most complete warrany in the business.I guess if someone proves you wrong there negative,but if your "stoked about your latest ride" anything you say is gospel!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-22-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
Robert, if you read the whole thread (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792291), any rational person will realize that you made a comment about MC and CC that is completely incorrect, and without any basis in fact. You are acting childish now, but perhaps the following picture will explain things in a manner in which you understand:
Attached Images

Last edited by chattwake; 03-22-2012 at 5:56 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
Wow, some people on here just can't let crap go. Bunch of haters. Chat's a lucky dude, so what! Good for him.

Back to the topic at hand, I also was able to sell my Centurion this spring with the help of OI. First guy who drove from DC to look at her scooped it up. The leads are quality, and that is what counts. Thanks for the help Ian. Well worth the $$.
Chatts the one who repeatedly stirs the pot with me as the brew.I'M just reminding him he's still a skunk even if he wears perfume.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-22-2012, 6:09 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
Sticks and stones.I know which buttons to push. I'm more annoying to you than getting stuck in the briar patch.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-22-2012, 6:48 AM Reply   
This thread has made my morning!!! Keep it going!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
It's the CHATTFIELDS VS the McCOWBELLS! Ring Ring Ring.LOL
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-22-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-23-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sticking with Axis this year. I loved my A22. All in all, it was the best boat I've ever owned. I had zero problems, I didn't have to take out a huge loan so I had extra money for gas. The wake was always slamming, and I love the LS3 big motor option that is offered for '12. I'm going solid white this year. I really liked the white 230 I had, but, at the time, I had a dodge diesel as my tow vehicle, and I always had exhaust soot down the side of the white hull. Because I have a gasser again, I want to go back to white. By white, I mean white boat, white trailer, white tower, white mirror arm, white z5 frame, etc. etc. etc.

I think I'm going to run the vandall graphics too.
You should see if you can get the Vandall graphics in like a different shade of white so the entire boat would be all white with that breaking it up. Kind of like the "ferrari" MB thread where the decals are black. I think that'd be sweet. But that's just my opinion
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-23-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
You should see if you can get the Vandall graphics in like a different shade of white so the entire boat would be all white with that breaking it up. Kind of like the "ferrari" MB thread where the decals are black. I think that'd be sweet. But that's just my opinion
this.

light silver or ghosted white would be bomb.com
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-23-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
Another thanks for Only Inboards. Just sold my 2009 210 Team on a lead from the ad I purchased on Ian's site. Great service!
Old     (shawn_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-23-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
I have used onlyinboards for the last 9 boats it is the best site out there. I have tried several other sites but I have never had any luck with them. Funny chatt just found them. If you have a inboard that is where you go to sell it. I will put my 23 LSV on there in about 6 weeks so I can order a 2013.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-23-2012, 9:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post

this x2.

and thanks for the bird hair.... lmao.

Last edited by johnny_defacto; 03-23-2012 at 9:57 PM. Reason: mispelled "bird" lol.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-23-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
and as far as robert vs chattwake... chat does talk about his axis a lot, but in relevant threads or when he is asked about it, just like early on in this thread. robert, however, loved to post his blue and white tige (a very sick looking boat by the way) on every thread, regardless of the subject. Glad it stopped. "MB" has replaced "roberts tige", however.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2012, 4:14 AM Reply   
I'm glad Chatt got his boat sold and was able to get a new 2012 . I also learned OI is the place to go if you want to sell an inboard.
PS Thanks Chatt for turning me on to Owen at Boatmate they built me one bada$$ trailer
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-24-2012, 5:34 AM Reply   
A picture is worth a thousand words. Make sure you add several pictures in your add.That will greatly increase your chances for a quick sale.When you select your wording for your ad you should consult Mr. Webster as he is the official WW expert.Only Inboards will sell your boat quickly.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-24-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Robert is right about how important pictures are. For those prospective sellers out there, I'm sure Robert would be happy to lend you a picture of his blue tige, so that, for no particular reason, you can include it in your ad on OIB.

Shaun, I was aware of OIB before this year but had never used the site. I had posted my boats up on boat trader and Craigslist instead. Now knowing how cheap, easy and effective the site is, OIB is definitely what I'll use in the future to sell my boats. Best of luck selling your vlx. Shoot me a pic. I haven't seen it on the water yet! How cold is the Hiawassee right now btw?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-24-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
I have a great response.........................advertise your boat on Only Inboards it's the only way to get a edge on the competition!
Old     (shawn_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-24-2012, 4:27 PM Reply   
Was not to bad last weekend 58. I hope to ride again next weekend. I will get some photo's next time I'm out.