Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-25-2011, 8:48 PM Reply   
Anybody know what's up with these folks with 'sea donkey' ignorant comment? The B.S. comment is just after the 1:50 mark. The rest of the video before that is cool, but it's too bad about the a-hole at the end.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/cal...ssa-marquardt/
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
it's pretty funny. Mad props for the old school sport nautique, that's awesome!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-25-2011, 10:45 PM Reply   
Thats funny, a buddy in college had an air chair that everybody would screw around on and it was called the sea donkey as well!!
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-26-2011, 2:59 AM Reply   
Nice vid, shows you don't need a 100K wake to kill it.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2011, 5:52 AM Reply   
Great riding, Melissa & congrats on your Ackworth victory!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
Her riding is looking good.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-26-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
brettw, the reason those people are pissed is that is a very small area to ride and you are supposed to wait your turn. If a sea donkey jockey comes blasting through there ignoring the rules, they get an earful from the people that live and make a living out there. Plus with a ballast free boat, they should have been on the main lake, not the riding area.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-26-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
Plus, Donkey Jockys (I just made that up) usually do what they call "Quick-Picks". Wakeboarders call them Power-Turns.

I have been on a air-chair a few times for laughs. I would compare it more to riding a giant chicken or ostrich. It is not lame sport, but it is usually a weird crowd--like barefooters.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
brettw, the reason those people are pissed is that is a very small area to ride and you are supposed to wait your turn. If a sea donkey jockey comes blasting through there ignoring the rules, they get an earful from the people that live and make a living out there. Plus with a ballast free boat, they should have been on the main lake, not the riding area.
Agreed! I got to ride out there in March & knew exactly why there was "friction" in the video. It is a private lake and that particular section has rules/etiquette that appears was not being followed.
Old    sperbet            05-26-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
that was comedy, "you can ride you ride your sea donkey on the main lake bro", hahahahaha!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
That's funny you came onto a Wakeboarding forum looking to have wakeboarders stick up for sea donkey's. Probably not gonna happen
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-26-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
Air chairs are like fat chicks.... Fun to ride, but you don't want your buds to see you doing it.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-26-2011, 1:43 PM Reply   
I honestly think the sea donkey term is kind of funny. It just depends on if you cracking a joke or being an a-hole and looking down on someone else's sport. It doesn't matter what you do most of the time, but pretty much anything behind a boat is fun. I just think the dude in the boat could have avoided coming off like a tool and still got his point across.

On the water and in general, I usually go by the rule that people are someones ignorant but not necessarily arrogant and so explain things politely at least the 1st time around.

I didn't realize this was Canyon Lake. I've been out there many times. You're right about that area being for wakeboarders only. Either way, I stick with what I said above. If this wasn't those guys' 1st time in there and that had been explained before, they got the hard time they deserved.

Last edited by brettw; 05-26-2011 at 1:49 PM.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
I agree with the rest of the site. From what he said, the guy knew that there were rules for riding in that area. And apparently broke them. Too bad.
In other news, sick video. Riding looked great, water was perfect, and that sun looked so good to a stormed out Canadian.