Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-18-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have done a ton of searching for rotating board racks doesn't seem to be alot of selection out there I have looked at nice rack, bullet lines, samson, eddies marine and roswell. I am leaning twords samson or eddies racks, they seem to be better built but they are very exspensive. Guys that have the rotating board rack are they worth $500 a piece? Or is there other brands out there that I need to look at? I just want to make sure before I drop 1k on board racks that I'm not missing out on other brands.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-18-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
This might be a little cheaper for you:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...ack_Combo.html
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-18-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
I have had my hands on a Bullet Lines rotating rack. As far as aftermarket rotating racks go one of the most solid designs for the money if you ask me. Zero rattle and easy to use.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
They came with my current boat and I didn't have them on my last boat. At first they where great and still are but I do find my self not even swiveling them sometime when I put my boards up. I could find alot of other thing to buy with a 1000 but if you really want them they are really nice.

Monster towers has them too.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-18-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
CS - those are just the Bulletline racks. There are a few sites that sell them.

Jarod - I had both the Bulletline fixed double surf and double wakeboard racks. I thought the were fine for the money. They are basically a knockoff of Nice Racks. I replaced them with the Sampson Typhoon swivel racks. They are awesome and will always buy them going forward. The racks swivel 180 degrees into the boat (not just 90 degrees like most racks). So it makes it easy to get boards on/off, tie up to other boats with towers and get the boat into the garage. However, they are expensive but I personally think they are worth the $.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-18-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
I played around with the Samson's on a recent test drive and they are sweet. I would buy them if I was in the market.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-18-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
CS - those are just the Bulletline racks. There are a few sites that sell them.

Jarod - I had both the Bulletline fixed double surf and double wakeboard racks. I thought the were fine for the money. They are basically a knockoff of Nice Racks. I replaced them with the Sampson Typhoon swivel racks. They are awesome and will always buy them going forward. The racks swivel 180 degrees into the boat (not just 90 degrees like most racks). So it makes it easy to get boards on/off, tie up to other boats with towers and get the boat into the garage. However, they are expensive but I personally think they are worth the $.
I didn't notice that. I just looked up China Wakeboard racks they came up as being real cheap in price. US $75.26 - 83.51
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-18-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombiansurfer View Post
I didn't notice that. I just looked up China Wakeboard racks they came up as being real cheap in price. US $75.26 - 83.51
They must be direct from the manufacturer. That is good to know. Those are even much cheaper than the Bulletlines price.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-18-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Yeap. I did another "Made in China LED's" and a bunch of company's came up and they were dirt cheap! But you have to buy in lots of 10. But the prices were starting at US $8.00 to US $97.00. Mirror arms are $4.00 billet.

http://xingfei.en.china.cn/selling-l...eaker-can.html
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-18-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
I just don't like the looks of the bullet line of board racks and the nice racks are just as exspensive as samson board racks. the other reason i want the rotating board rack is the clearence I have to get the boat in an out of the gerage.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
I looked at all of them and settled on the Nice Rack Slingshots. Five year warranty and lifetime on the rubber inserts and a solid design is what sold me. And I love the "bell" ends of the middle fingers. Boards do not hit each other at the outside edges.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-18-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Jarod have you seen the new bulletlines racks or just the old ones? I think the new ones look pretty sweet and plan on trying to get a surfboard rack one if they come out in the new style. The new ones look pretty different than the older ones. I guess its the new "Krypt" line of racks. They had a computer generated picture on the homepage forever but now it seems they are taking orders for the new ones and has an actual pic of them on there. $129 is to shabby either. I don't know if they are going to come with the rotating clamps though. Never hurts to ask.

http://www.bulletlines.com/Dominion-...acks-p/211.htm

Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-19-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
There new rack looks great. when I talked to the guys at bullet lines they said they were still in the design phase of the rotating board racks.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-19-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
Did he give you any more pics of the new racks or is that the only one they have?
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-19-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
I don't own swivels but regularly ride in two boats that do and I would say that about 80% of the time no one bothers to swivel the rack to take out or put up a board. Swivelling means passengers and gear underneath them are going to get dripped on.

If you already have fixed racks I wouldn't drop a grand to replace them. If you are starting from scratch and do not have racks or are adding racks, it might be worth the extra $s.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
I order a pair from DIY wake http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisp...=Board%20Racks

I will be installing them next week. Seem pretty solid though. And they were half the price of most sites.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-19-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
The boards will hit each other in chop and you will be replacing inserts frequently but for the price you cant go wrong.