Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-10-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what the dealer pays for a Air Nautique 210 Ltd. I mean people go into a car dealership and can see the invoice. But when it comes to boats they are practically non-existant. My dad and I are going to look at some this weekend and I was just wondering what the lowest price possible for one is. If anyone can enlighten me on this I would appreciate. Thanks!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-10-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
a point of interest, car dealers pay less than the 'invoice' plus they get sales incentives later.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
It all depends where you are. Some say 10-11% of MSRP is a decent deal.

The big difference is a car dealer doesn't know if they will be able to clear all their current models. Nautique knows their models are going to leave the floor and they have been making as many boats as the factory allows for a number of years.

Tim has a good point though, you still don't know what a car dealer is actually paying. It would be nice to have a site like Edmunds for boats though.

(Message edited by kstateskier on April 10, 2003)
Old    skionone            04-10-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
Just work the best deal that you can and make sure you feel comfortable with it. We will never know what car or boat dealers pay for their inventory. There are so many variables that the consumer never sees that will change invoice. Anyway, the only way for the world to go around is for these guys to make a little money. I don't want my local dealer to go out of business because we know invoice and won't pay a cent over it. I would say that you are doing very good to get 10-11% off MSRP.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-10-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Which options with it? Local dealer was ASKING 52K for one that had all the ballast tanks, helm ballast control, tower, composite platform, flip up drivers seat, table....no PP. So maybe you could get it for 49K?? Who knows, all I know is that was his asking price.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
Reaves,

That is also a very vague question. You need to be very specific with wakeboard boat pricing, different towers, stereos, etc. can affect $$ big time.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-10-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
I would agree that 10-11% is a great price off a SAN, if you can get it. Remember though, if you start optioning up a limited with the same options as a team, it will cost you more. Get prices for both a Team and a Limited with the options you want and compare them. You might be surprised.
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-10-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
Ok, thanks guys for your help