Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
Fellow boat owners,
Last night on my way back to the boat house a beeping noise started coming from the dash in my 03' Malibu Wakesetter VLX. I turned off the ignition and then turned it on again, however the beeping still occured. There were no problems with the gauges: oil,temp, etc. Have any of you experienced this problem? If so any input would be of much help.

Thanks a lot.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-11-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
Yep, friends 02 VLX did the same thing. Dealer said it was a glitch in the computer. Had to send the computer to Malibu and it cost him a grand. This was after we checked everything else and I even replaced the V-drive pressure sensor. Myself, I would of just disconnected the wires to the beeper.
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
Thanks Sparky. Well I guess I'll be making a call to the dealer tomorrow. I guess that's what goes along with having a boat.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-11-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Maybe yours is still under warranty?
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
Yea, it still is thank goodness. But I still need to check some things out with the dealer anyways. Can't say nothing but good things abt Joyce and Tom at Marine Outfitters.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
The same happened with ours. Take the boat to your dealer and they will hook it up to a computer which will tell them exactly what is wrong.....hopefully something simple. We lost our impeller so the temp sensor was triggering the computer but was not obvious from the temp gauge.

JLembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (dc9669)      Join Date: May 2005       07-12-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
It could be your vdrive low oil warning beeper. Check all of your fluids in accordance with the manual.

(Message edited by DC9669 on July 12, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-12-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
maybe your low voltage warning.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-12-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
Depth finder acting crazy.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
Reaves:

Could it have been low voltage?

If you are running the blower, emptying the ballast tanks, running navigation lights and cranking the stereo while running at idle there is no way the alternator is going to keep up with the load.
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-13-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
Hey guys, well looking at the boat today while NOT in a frenzy, I noticed that my MPH and RPM gauges are not working at all. So I am gathering that this is what is causing the sensor to go haywire. Thanks for all your input, and I am glad that it is just this and nothing worse. Hopefully this is the last problem for the year...hopefully.