Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-27-2015, 5:41 PM Reply   
Planning on heading over to CWC in the Phillipines to take advantage of their winter special (8 days, 7 nights for $150, unlimited riding, room included). I've never been to asia, but have a bunch of Amex points saved up, so the flight is basically free. -Otherwise I've seen rates as low as $560 RT from LAX.

Haven't booked yet, but I'm looking at the last week in January. Who has been there? Any advice on travel? Whats the best way to ship my board? Wish I could just bring it carry on. lol. What other things are close by to do while I'm there?

Help and advice appreciated. Thanks
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-28-2015, 2:28 AM Reply   
do it! I am here until april.

fly into manilla, then to naga and the CWC shuttle should pick you up. park is a few minutes from the airport

bring your board under the plane.

cwc shuttle goes into town 2 times a day free.

scooter rentals are around 6 dollars a day.

15 minute scooter ride to hot springs
20 minute scooter ride to a huge waterfall to jump off
theres some cool islands near
for around 20 bucks you can swim with whale sharks 1 hour drive
10 minute scooter ride to the mall

$7 one hour massages at the park
$1 beers at the bar in the park
skate park at the park
seven 2 tower systems

I recommend staying for more than a week, because its pretty awesome
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-28-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
8 days, 7 nights for $150, unlimited riding, room included
That's seems to be a heck of a deal and can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2015, 8:11 AM Reply   
That is awesome. Hope to go there and spend at least a month. I figure once you've paid for the flight you may as well make the best of such a great deal.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-28-2015, 11:13 AM Reply   
J.B. That sounds amazing! Wish I could stay for a month! Unfortunately, I've got a wife and 4 kids, mortgage etc that probably won't let that work. This is a little gift to myself as I turn the big 4 zero in Feb. Time to book the flight!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-28-2015, 3:35 PM Reply   
purrfect haha I turn the big two five in february, so we can celebrate haha!
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       11-28-2015, 5:26 PM Reply   
Is the kiting/surfing good there as well??
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       11-28-2015, 5:27 PM Reply   
And J.B. O'Neill I want your life! Until April you say!! *sighh*
Old     (shredingmonkey)      Join Date: Apr 2015       11-29-2015, 2:05 PM Reply   
Yeah I planned to go there, but all my friends are already planned. So I'm left alone and I think ill skip this year since the winter package is for 2 adults and going alone is kinda expensive
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-29-2015, 6:50 PM Reply   
Just booked the flights! Headed over on January 22nd, till Feb 3rd. So excited for this trip, never been to Asia, or anywhere beyond Mexico for a long time. Just bought a 220v Iphone plug, battery extender, some headphones for the flight and a GoPro case for my phone (fish eye lens, waterproof w/ go pro mounts).

It was a little more expensive but I ended up going on Philippines Airlines because it was the only non-stop flight. ($900 rt from LAX) Also there are only a couple flights per day from Manilla over to Naga. (about $100 rt) All of them around 9am. Used my cc points, so I'm only out $200 cash.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-30-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
The Philippines has the most beautiful beaches & reefs in the world. Do yourself a favor and get out and hit some beaches & dive / snorkel if you can.