Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-26-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
Hey wondering if there are any borders who get out on the madison chain? I've got a SAN and try and get out every weekend early on Monona.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-09-2011, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Hey wondering if there are any borders who get out on the madison chain? I've got a SAN and try and get out every weekend early on Monona.

Its not that cold yet!
Old     (WisconsinWakeboard)      Join Date: May 2010       09-09-2011, 5:32 AM Reply   
Hey Ron

Madison has an active scene, but isn't the easiest to find with the active collegiate scene and 3 event scene here. Most of the Dane and Rock county riders hang out at MidwestWakeboarder.com which is a smaller version of this site use for finding thirds.

Other places for finding thirds used to be Redline Watersports just off of 51 by Mcfarland. They used to have a list of people looking for thirds, I don't know if they are still doing that.

Otherwise if you have a facebook hop on and check out the MidwestWakeboard.com Fall Free Ride where people exchange gas for pulls all weekend. This year it's October 1st in Janesville Wi. There are usually about 100 people over the weekend that come and hangout. Or make friends with people on the event page before it even starts.

I'm a student up in Madison and have been pulling the wakeboard team the last few years. We run on Mendota during the week but monona weekdays has our other boat which pulls 3event and wakeboard practices.

Since i'm in school my time has been more limited but I've been riding, coaching, and competing for years so if you wanted some pointers/lessons let me know and I'd be happy to help you out on the water!

Hope all of this helps!

John Zdeblick (JohnnyZ)
Jzdeblick@gmail.com
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-09-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
Hey thanks for the info John! I'll have to check into midwestwakeboard and stop in over at Redline. Would be cool to get you out on my boat sometime so I could see somebody throwing some real tricks behind it! We try and get out early weekend mornings till ice up! Guessing if your a student at madison early mornings prob aren't your thing though! I'll hit you up via email sometime anyway.
Old     (WisconsinWakeboard)      Join Date: May 2010       09-15-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
I've pulled practice the last 6 mornings on mendota starting before the sun is up... we like mornings