Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       03-17-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
So my truck got broke into and all they took were the outdated Panasonic and my wifes iPod classic.

The insurance company is sending me a:
AVIC-S930BT, it looks really cool

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X930BT

What speaker can I add to this head unit using the head power and factory original wiring to compilment the unit. I want to change out my original speakers qty 4, 5x7 speakers. What will work good with this head units power?

Thanks guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave27; 03-17-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       03-17-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
Also, what car alarm can I add to my truck and keep the original key fobs?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-17-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
why not spend a benjamin and make that bastard sing.

edit.
on an amp, that is....
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       03-17-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
I could do that, but I am trying to keep costs down as now I need to add a car alarm.
Old    mojo            03-17-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
viper security is great. w/ or w/o remote start.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-17-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
If you do upgrade your system and/or if you ever get a new vehicle be sure it has a glass breakage sensor. What happens in the grocery parking lot and park and fly lots is that the thieves break the window out and then reach inside and grab whatever they can reach, cell phones, GPS, laptops ect.. By not opening the door the car alarm doesn't go off and alert anyone. Whatever you do don't leave a GPS on the dash, the thieves just can't pass that up.

Just a thought. Also if you buy a Toyota or Honda with a factory alarm they can add the glass breakage sensor for just a little more at the dealership. I suspect that Ford is the same way although I am not sure.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-17-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Can't recommend a car alarm but remember to keep valuables out of sight and out of mind. Don't have your truck looking all flashy either. Just another plane jane (but clean, mind you!) F-150.... Nothing to see here. Let them look at the flashy cars with valuables on the dash and in the seats. Better thee than me.