Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-02-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I'd thought I'd ask as someone usually has an answer.

Anyone ever seriously slalom behind an SV-211? I know it's approved for tournament use, but wondering what the real story is with serious slalom skiing.

Also, for those that have them, what is your overall opinion of the boat?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-02-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
my good buddie (mikeski) has one and we split time between my boat Sanger V210 and his. I would say comfort is a plus on his boat with good seating lay out. I dont single ski but I commonly see mike and its a little abrubt if you're used to a comp ski boat. Best is to put some weight up front to help flatten out the wake. The wakeboarding wake is very peaky and as you add more weight it has more of a ramp to it similar to my wake. I dont think you would be dissapointed with the boat but if you're a comp ski I would turn to the Ski nautique, malibu response etc.

nate
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Come on Nick, just get a 197!
Old     (rebelman10)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-02-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
Or the new sport 200.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-02-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
answered your Q in the PN forum (probably the 10 or 11 time I have answered the same Q).

It's acceptable but not great. Really not much better than slalom skiing behind an older SAN.