Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-30-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
I need some help with getting moisture out of some fog light. The lights are on a 2007 Z71 Tahoe. Every morning they have water rolling down them and idk why it is doing that. Any ideas on how I can stop this?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-30-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
It happens because they are not sealed all the way around where the two halves come together. Figure out a way to seal them and they won't do it. A light coat of two part epoxy around the seam will work.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
David, that should be covered under warranty so long as you're not outside your Tahoes.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-30-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
David, take the whole foglight housing out, remove the bulb too so it can dry really good inside. Put it infront of a fan for a while. If you seal it with moisture in it it'll defeat the purpose. You'll see where the two parts meet all the way around the housing. Get some epoxy or even silicone and go around the line where the two parts meet, let it dry and you'll be good to go. If it still does it then you'll need to get a new gasket or grommet where the bulb goes in. Then head over to www.z71tahoe-suburban.com and become a member ;)
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-30-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
THanks guys for the help.

Sippi- I am already a member of www.z71tahoe-suburban.com. What is your name on the website my name is Davez71offroad.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-30-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
I'm "Sippi Z71" over there, but I haven't been on in a while. I've had an 02 and 04 Z71 tahoe that I did alot of mods to both, but last year I totaled it and ended up doing really good in court and got a 00 Denali. Haven't made any mods to it yet so I haven't been on but I need to. I love that site!